• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

zulux21

Maybe someone like the Royals will get crazy and throw money at him like Nats did with Werth. I don't see any team reaaaally needing someone like Hamilton.

Royals already said they are going to overpay on pitchers this offseason so hamilton likely wouldn't remotely fit into their plans

though the astros on the other hand :p

Wonder if some players are going to get fined for talking shit about Holbrook on Twitter. Brandon McCarthy, Jimmy Rollins, and a few others are saying some strong stuff about it.

lucius

I think Hamilton might end up in Philly or stay with Texas, I don't think it makes that much sense for too many teams.

dmag1223

I know I'm late on this, but seriously fuck St. Louis. Stupid shit like this always seems to break in their favor. Otherwise, I think we can call the new wild card system a resounding success. Great tense games tonight.

I know I'm late on this, but seriously fuck St. Louis. Stupid shit like this always seems to break in their favor. Otherwise, I think we can call the new wild card system a resounding success. Great tense games tonight.

The first game was entertaining for the wrong reasons but of course the games were entertaining. I still dont think that means they should exist.

dmag1223

The first game was entertaining for the wrong reasons but of course the games were entertaining. I still dont think that means they should exist.

Meh, I think it's for the best. The extra WC keeps more cities into baseball longer, and their really isn't any other format that would work any better without dragging on the postseason and bloating it tremendously, short of cutting the regular season by like a week or something.

There's absolutely NO WAY Josh stays in Texas, especially after his shenanigans the latter part of the year. They also need to shore up their rotation. I thought Holland would be able to take the 2nd spot in the rotation this year but he just isn't good enough, so currently it's Yu, Colby, and Matt, then Holland and Dempster... =\

Meh, I think it's for the best. The extra WC keeps more cities into baseball longer, and their really isn't any other format that would work any better without dragging on the postseason and bloating it tremendously, short of cutting the regular season by like a week or something.

Then just let 16 teams in the playoffs if thats the reasoning. A one game playoff is a ridiculous crapshoot.

dmag1223

There's absolutely NO WAY Josh stays in Texas, especially after his shenanigans the latter part of the year. They also need to shore up their rotation. I thought Holland would be able to take the 2nd spot in the rotation this year but he just isn't good enough, so currently it's Yu, Colby, and Matt, then Holland and Dempster... =\

I think there is a chance he stays in Texas, but I think the leader is defiantly Philly. They're probably the only team stupid enough to make a high end offer to him close to what he wants. Normally I would say the Cubs would be a lock to give that kind of contract, but things may be different now with Epstein.

I was originally fine with this new system, but goddamn...it fucking sucks to watch a team win 94 games in a season and get eliminated because they lost one game to a team that finished 6 games below them in the standings.

eznark

Banned
I was originally fine with this new system, but goddamn...it fucking sucks to watch a team win 94 games in a season and get eliminated because they lost one game to a team that finished 6 games below them in the standings.

So you want no playoffs? Nice! Welcome to the club!

Braves still wouldn't have been in the World Series.

Sanjuro

Only way to avoid your issue. And I'm 100% serious. League champions meet in the World Series. Fuck playoffs.

I've wanted something similar again for years. I'd compromise with two divisions per league, winners play one another, then World Series.

zulux21

So you want no playoffs? Nice! Welcome to the club!

the playoffs get ratings though
though it would be interesting to see how a season of 174 games where each team played each other team twice in 3 game series one away one at home with the team with the most wins being called the champ would turn out

Sanjuro

I miss Tecmo Baseball for NES. Used to be able to get double plays all the time without the infield fly rules. Funny, never got one deep in the outfield.

That was the first thing I thought of after the play.

bozeman

Cards lost a World Series due to a bad umpire call.

Has that "infield fly" chant been confirmed? The only chant I've heard in the celebration clips I've seen is their usual "happy flight."

Finally saw the infield fly play. Man, fuck Sam Holbrook and fuck the Cardinals for celebrating it after the game. Most of all, fuck Joe Torre and MLB for this mockery of an event. I hope the Nats crush St. Louis now.

Zee-Row

Banned

Its not like it doesn't happen in other sports , remember the 7-9 Seahawks? If you don't want to be eliminated in one game win your division. I like this new playoff because it gives winning your division more meaning.

Its not like it doesn't happen in other sports , remember the 7-9 Seahawks? If you don't want to be eliminated in one game win your division. I like this new playoff because it gives winning your division more meaning.

That's football. They play one game a week.

Finally saw the infield fly play. Man, fuck Sam Holbrook and fuck the Cardinals for celebrating it after the game. Most of all, fuck Joe Torre and MLB for this mockery of an event. I hope the Nats crush St. Louis now.
Celebrating the call is stupid, I agree.

Torre doesn't have the authority to override w/e rules they have in place to overturn the call. Protests only succeed if the umpires didn't follow the rules - judgment calls can't be overturned via protest. Blame rests on the umpires.

Like you'd be rooting for us anyway XFD.

Not going to lie, I hope the Nationals beat the Cardinals brains in for their stupid little "infield fly" chant.

McNei1y and Sharp, I am with you the rest of the playoffs.

Until you lose to the Orioles in the WS

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

They were celebrating it? Seriously?

As if I had any more reasons to hate the fucking Cardinals.

I mean, I hate the Barves too, but I don't like it when teams get fucked on calls like this.

They were celebrating it? Seriously?

As if I had any more reasons to hate the fucking Cardinals.

I mean, I hate the Barves too, but I don't like it when teams get fucked on calls like this.

Someone said they were chanting "Infield Fly" in the clubhouse celebrating.

RBH

sbh6vs-2.gif

Top Bottom