• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

see5harp

Who gives Hamiton a big contract though? Dodgers outfield is full and expensive already (and they got that Cuban guy they paid big bucks for). Yankees don't want to spend. Red Sox probably can't afford another potential backfire contract after Crawford. Nats have Werth. Detroit has a lot of money tied up. White Sox? Giants?

I can't imagine dodgers having the money. I don't think it even needs to be a contender either. Josh Hamilton has proven that he really doesn't care about winning.

Anyone else just see the closeup TBS had of the depressed Texas fan.

That's funny.

I thought so too.

CBD02162-A8D5-4A2A-8833-3785685FA3BA-11602-000010C1D0A96D8A.jpg

Mully

I haven't been watching the entire MLB as closely as I normally do, but why is Josh Hamilton getting so much hate? I know he fucked up on that catch, but he seems like a legitimate star.

zulux21

Theo bailed out of Boston because they kept wanting stupid contracts. I don't think he signs off on a Hamilton deal, especially with how far away Chicago probably is.

don't you know... the cubs are going to win the WS in 2015 o_O:

This could happen and it STILL would be an overpay.

I would argue most likely happen, and still be an overpay. I am sure hamilton would like a contract around 30mil a year for 10 years lol

Mully

I've identified the problem

It's been a rough year for me. Normally, I'm a baseball fanatic, but I just couldn't this year. I lost all interest after May and only recently regained my normal habits.

It's really great to be a Yankees fan.

Theo was just the GM, what would he know about free agent signings. It was all uh....well, um

It's not like owners don't override GMs when it comes to signings. Granted, if any place is going to revise history, it's Boston, but I have heard that the Crawford signing in particular was all about ownership and Theo did not want it.

Mully

BJ Upton is going to the Mets. He's just the type of player Sandy Alderson would get. Average, a little overated, and hyped like the second coming of Piazza. (See: Vernon Wells)

hokahey

Once again Chipper shows his class saying the call didn't lose them the game, the 3 errors did, his being the biggest. I concur.

Sanjuro

It's not like owners don't override GMs when it comes to signings. Granted, if any place is going to revise history, it's Boston, but I have heard that the Crawford signing in particular was all about ownership and Theo did not want it.

Except Theo has come out publicly stating how he wanted the deal to be done. John Henry on the other hand didn't see the need.

clemenx

Banned
Maybe someone like the Royals will get crazy and throw money at him like Nats did with Werth. I don't see any team reaaaally needing someone like Hamilton.

Top Bottom