• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
braves/cardinals career splits

wjJ9U.png

As nice as stats are, the Postseason tends to have a way of changing things.

Also, can we make a bracket for the Playoffs in the same way NHL-GAF did?

Macattk15

FELIX IS OURS AND YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM.

Figgins wants out of Seattle though.

"I can't take two more years of this."

Hahahaha. It's your own fucking fault you shithead. Go kill yourself Chone. No one wants you.

Clown won't opt out of his $8 million dollar payday though.

Sanjuro

So you think Toronto will ask for Bucholz again for Farrell?

Probably not. They asked for Bard in the recent talks. At this point though, I'm not sure why Toronto would stand in the way. They are dealing with their own cancers.

The candidate list should look like,

1. Wally Backman
2. Jason Varitek
3. John Farrell

Talon

Oh shit, the game starts at 5!

BUD SELIG IS REDEEMED

Wait, fuck, can we not stream this within the states? I'll be on the road.

Sanjuro

I am having a hard time thinking of a case where a manager came out publicly and blamed the teams problems on his assistants. I am somebody ha at some point but at least we can agree it is not the norm, right?

The entire Bobby Valentine saga wasn't the norm either.

rekameohs

Banned
Oh, let's just say knowing what I've heard about his finances and legal situation, I'd imagine he'd take you up on that trade.

Curt Schilling could get millions from endorsements of products in Boston. He's still like a god there.

Though he'd probably spend it all on some shitty hobby again.

Sanjuro

Curt Schilling could get millions from endorsements of products in Boston. He's still like a god there.

Though he'd probably spend it all on some shitty hobby again.

We didn't buy that silly video game he was hawking over here.

Actually, I'm not even sure what he could sell over here anymore. Maybe the creepy Sullivan Tire adverts.

Tobor

At the very least, he gets an MLB pension. And you know ESPN will hire him as an analyst.

He won't have the $100 million back, but he'll be fine.

hemtae

Probably not. They asked for Bard in the recent talks. At this point though, I'm not sure why Toronto would stand in the way. They are dealing with their own cancers.

The candidate list should look like,

1. Wally Backman
2. Jason Varitek
3. John Farrell

Weren't they looking at Brad Mills last off season? I really hope they don't try again.

Curt is the man in Boston for ever. Even with his financial problems I bet it would be easy to turn things around for him. My life on the other hand is what it is. I enjoy it very much for the most part but I wouldnt mind being rich and I think Curt will rebound big time from all this.

Kuroyume

Banned
Bobby was stupid for taking the job. After last year's collapse? That was just a poisonous situation. Between such a horrible team and media attention. He was asking for it. Damn shame the idiots in LA bailed out Boston. They could have been somewhat screwed for a few more years.

FELIX IS OURS AND YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM.

Figgins wants out of Seattle though.

"I can't take two more years of this."

Hahahaha. It's your own fucking fault you shithead. Go kill yourself Chone. No one wants you.

Clown won't opt out of his $8 million dollar payday though.

Ollie Perez for Matt Harvey final offer

Sanjuro

Bobby was stupid for taking the job. After last year's collapse? That was just a poisonous situation. Between such a horrible team and media attention. He was asking for it. Damn shame the idiots in LA bailed out Boston. They could have been somewhat screwed for a few more years.

Not buying it. He was incredibly smart to take the job. He had no other entry back into managing in the big leagues and took the opportunity while other candidates backed away.

Red Sox fans who are quick to bash him have no idea how much he helped the structure of this team going into 2013. Assume Francoma stayed on for 2012, guarantee you we are heading back into 2013 with the same terrible team who would obviously win more games, but not compete.

Top Bottom