• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
cK4sE.jpg

Prade

This is beyond a 2nd half collapse. This team has become one of the worst Met teams in franchise history. HAPPY 50TH.

zulux21

come on white sox, 2 out magic, score a run... and win I don't want this thing to go into extras (and I don't want a loss :p
edit: 2 out magic failed so now I want extras lol

zulux21

*grumble grumble*
KC beats the white sox again. Oh well next up is the Angels... should be a far easier series to win lol. At least the tigers lost today so we are still 2 up. Time to take 2 or 3 from the angels and pray the twins take at least 1 from the tigers.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I left to pick family up from the airport with the Rays down by 2 in the top of the 8th. I get home and they win 4-7? What the crap? I mean I'm happy, but how did that happen?

eznark

Banned
lol at Brewers being the first team out of the playoffs in the NL. If Axford and KRod are even sub-par instead of skull-fuckingly terrible for the first four months of the year this Brewers team would have won 120!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
lol at Brewers being the first team out of the playoffs in the NL. If Axford and KRod are even sub-par instead of skull-fuckingly terrible for the first four months of the year this Brewers team would have won 120!
I still like my pick of the brewers winning the division.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Nats clinch and you think there'll be a shitstorm about Strasburg?

We don't even know what postseason baseball is, yet. We don't feel entitled to the NLCS or anything else. This is a historic team in DC, and nothing short of a collapse will detract from that.

Plus, they're going to win.

zulux21

personally I wouldn't really count the 1 game WC face off as really being part of the playoffs... thus if the nats get passed by the braves and then lose the WC game I wouldn't count it as them making the playoffs lol.

that being said... I want the nats to win the division :p

So I don't know much bout baseball, but does Yu get this win if they can hold the off Angels in the 9th? Or not because he left when the game was tied?

Carlbeego

So I don't know much bout baseball, but does Yu get this win if they can hold the off Angels in the 9th? Or not because he left when the game was tied?

Because the game is tied, the pitcher who last pitches before a lead is taken by their team would be in line for the win.

... I know this is the worst season for the Red Sox in at least 15 years, probably more, but giving up 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th, and managing to lose 7-4 in a game you were ahead right to the end? That has to be high on the list of their most pathetic games this year... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom