• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cards bullpen can't put away a AAAA team.

Yep, sounds lke our bullpen this year.
Middle relief has been a problem all year. But our offense has gone to shit lately though. Three runs against a sucky Volstad and giving away outs with ill-advised bunts isn't a winning recipe.

And if they didn't have to use Motte in all three games of the Astros series, Salas wouldn't have been closing.

Middle relief has been a problem all year. But our offense has gone to shit lately though. Three runs against a sucky Volstad and giving away outs with ill-advised bunts isn't a winning recipe.

And if they didn't have to use Motte in all three games of the Astros series, Salas wouldn't have been closing.

This is why I want the Braves to face STL in the play-in game. McCann and Uggla have finally woken up, so if all of this talk of holding Medlen back for the NLDS is true, I am fine with them using Minor or Hudson in this game if they are facing STL.

harSon

Banned
SAN FRANCISCO – In an unprecedented agreement between Major League Baseball and union officials, suspended Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera will be ruled ineligible to win the 2012 NL batting title, sources told CSNBayArea.com.

Cabrera asked to be removed from consideration on Wednesday, when his representatives sent a letter to union officials. The Players’ Association worked out a one-time amendment to Rule 10.22(a) with MLB officials on Thursday, one day after Commissioner Bud Selig said publicly that he was not likely to take action on the matter.

Cabrera, who is hitting .346, will finish one plate appearance short of qualifying for the batting title. Rule 10.22(a) permits a player to be recognized as the official winner if extra hitless at-bats are added to his average and it remains higher than any qualifying player. (Cabrera’s average would fall from .3464 to .3456 – still .346 when rounded up.)

Under terms of the agreement, Rule 10.22(a) will not apply to suspended players.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-...-ruled-ineligible?blockID=777029&feedID=10850

Braun should take a few notes.

Since Aug 1st:

.232/.304/.400
.250/.311/.439
.241/.323/.379

Beltran, Holliday, Freese respectively. If it weren't for Yadi hitting out of his mind during this stretch (.961 OPS), this team would be dead in the water.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I just gave Chipper Jones a standing ovation at CBP. Great player.
Windu and Enigma would be proud.
SbUAd.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
FYI: McCutchen is tied with Braun in fWAR now. Wright and Posey closely behind them.

Also, Ryan Howard is at -0.9 fWAR in just 64 gms. (impressive)

edit: and of course that happens. (hanson sucks)

Really hope the Braves non-tender Hanson after this season. He fucking sucks ass now. 88mph fastball isn't going to cut it. Throw him in the trash with Jurrjens.

harSon

Banned
The Pirates are proof that God doesn't exist, no omnipotent and all encompassing being of immeasurable power and compassion would allow his creations to endure Pirates fandom. It's simply too cruel.

rando14

The Pirates are proof that God doesn't exist, no omnipotent and all encompassing being of immeasurable power and compassion would allow his creations to endure Pirates fandom. It's simply too cruel.

Huh?

*looks at scoreboard*

*looks at opponent*

Oh...

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Really hope the Braves non-tender Hanson after this season. He fucking sucks ass now. 88mph fastball isn't going to cut it. Throw him in the trash with Jurrjens.

Yeah, there's no space for him in the rotation next year. Shouldn't be too hard to find a trade partner though.

eznark

Banned

Nah, it's just proof that God has met people from Pittsburgh.

new game to enjoy while watching games. sounds like its fun. gotta check it out.
MLB PrePlay is the official prediction game of Major League Baseball.

Fire it up on iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch during any live MLB game to make predictions for the upcoming play while you’re watching baseball on TV. It could be anything from an at-bat to a pitching change to an inning gone wrong – MLB PrePlay lets you weigh in with your predictions before, so you can brag later.

No baseball on right now? No problem. Lock in pre-game predictions for the game winner, pitchers' lines, and each starter's fastest pitch up to three days before the start of a game.

MLB PrePlay is also a great way to connect and compete with your friends. You can challenge them to a head-to-head prediction contest and chat with them while you enjoy the game.

MLB PrePlay is a lot of fun and an exciting new way to watch baseball, but don’t take our word for it. Read what the experts are saying about PrePlay games:

New York Times: “PrePlay may be changing the way we watch sports, or even why we watch.”

The Webbys: “PrePlay is sweet, sweet competition with your friends.”

Wall Street Journal: “PrePlay is the game within a game.”

mzl.htiqjvbq.320x480-75.jpg

I asked a friend who recently move to Pittsburgh if he was voting now that his vote matters.

He said no.

But then he said he'd vote for Gary Johnson if he was.

There's still hope Ez!

I asked a friend who recently move to Pittsburgh if he was voting now that his vote matters.

He said no.

But then he said he'd vote for Gary Johnson if he was.

There's still hope Ez!

My Dad and I both vote, and we just cancel out eachother's vote. I say we just go to Pizza Hut and say fuck voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom