• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
STANDINGS UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 30

CURRENT PLAYOFF TEAMS

AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
tex.png
nyy.png
bal.png

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
was.png
cin.png
sf.png
atl.png

American League

EAST
LEADER: Orioles/Yankees
MAGIC NUMBER: ---
Code:
             W         L         GB
Orioles      92        67        ---
Yankees      92        67        ---

CENTRAL
LEADERS: Tigers
MAGIC NUMBER: 1
Code:
             W         L         GB
Tigers       86        73        ---
White Sox    83        76        3.0

WEST
LEADER: Rangers
MAGIC NUMBER: 2
Code:
             W         L         GB
Rangers      93        66        ---
Athletics    91        68        2.0

WILD CARD
bal.png
nyy.png

LEADERS: Orioles/Yankees/Athletics
#2 MAGIC NUMBER: 1
Code:
             W         L         GB
Orioles      92        67       +1.0
Yankees      92        67       +1.0
Athletics    91        68        ---
Angels       88        71        3.0
Rays         88        71        3.0

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Rangers - 3 (3 @ OAK)

Yankees - 3 (3 v BOS)

Tigers - 3 (3 @ KC)

Orioles - 3 (3 @ TB)

Athletics - 3 (3 v TEX)

Angels - 3 (3 @ SEA)

Rays - 3 (3 v BAL)

White Sox - 3 (3 @ CLE)

National League

EAST
LEADER: Nationals
MAGIC NUMBER: 1
Code:
             W         L         GB
Nationals    96        63        ---
Braves       93        66        3.0

NL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
cin.png

NL WEST CHAMPIONS
sf.png

WILD CARD
atl.png

LEADERS: Braves/Cardinals
MAGIC NUMBER: 2
Code:
             W         L         GB
Braves       93        66       +7.0
Cardinals    86        73        ---
Dodgers      84        75        2.0

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Nationals - 3 (3 v PHI)

Reds - 3 (3 @ STL)

Giants - 3 (3 @ LAD)

Braves - 3 (3 @ PIT)

Cardinals - 3 (3 v CIN)

Dodgers - 3 (3 v SF)

I love those team logos with that plate background.

"BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A flight carrying the Baltimore Orioles had to make an emergency landing in Jacksonville, Fla. on Sunday night after a fire on board.

The plane was en route to Tampa where the Orioles are scheduled to play a series with the Rays starting Monday night.

The fire was in the kitchen area.

“They came on and told us we needed to make an emergency landing, and then we were nearly free falling for a few minutes as they raced to get us on the ground as fast as possible,” Ned Rice, who is with the baseball operations department of the Orioles, posted on his Facebook page.

Rice said the team is still in Jacksonville while fire crews inspect the plane.

No injuries have been reported."

Damn Yankees trying to win division anyway possible.

Branduil

Yeah tomorrow is probably a guaranteed loss. Especially after a double-header. Harrison needs to be good on Tuesday because I don't want the season coming down to Dumpster.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
"BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A flight carrying the Baltimore Orioles had to make an emergency landing in Jacksonville, Fla. on Sunday night after a fire on board.

The plane was en route to Tampa where the Orioles are scheduled to play a series with the Rays starting Monday night.

The fire was in the kitchen area.

“They came on and told us we needed to make an emergency landing, and then we were nearly free falling for a few minutes as they raced to get us on the ground as fast as possible,” Ned Rice, who is with the baseball operations department of the Orioles, posted on his Facebook page.

Rice said the team is still in Jacksonville while fire crews inspect the plane.

No injuries have been reported."

Damn Yankees trying to win division anyway possible.

Peter Angelos, the owner of the team, was questioned after the incident. "Planes these days are death traps!" Mr. Angelos was quoted as saying.

He continued, "A fire is bad because it fills up the cabin with smoke, meaning the people can't breathe. That is why I have always argued that we should be able to open the windows, so we can get some oxygen in there. But no one listens to me."

Angelos then shrugged his shoulders and chuckled awkwardly.

RBH

It's been pretty fascinating to follow Oakland since day 1 of this season. Since losing Sizemore for the year, having Fuentes and Balfour blow games left and right early on, going on a 10 game losing streak while scoring literally no more than 2 runs a game, having a lineup where nobody hit over .250 for the first quarter of the season, to where they are now.

Baseball can be a funny sport sometimes.

cashman

Banned
It's been pretty fascinating to follow Oakland since day 1 of this season. Since losing Sizemore for the year, having Fuentes and Balfour blow games left and right early on, going on a 10 game losing streak while scoring literally no more than 2 runs a game, having a lineup where nobody hit over .250 for the first quarter of the season, to where they are now.

What is going on in Oakland?

rekameohs

Banned

I remember when Oakland came into Arizona, they looked horrible. Blowing 6 run leads in the late innings, giving up home runs left and right, poor baserunning. I also think they were toward the tail end of the AL at the time. Their second half has been legendary. Moneyball 2: Beanesanity imminent?

xbhaskarx

I remember when Oakland came into Arizona, they looked horrible. Blowing 6 run leads in the late innings, giving up home runs left and right, poor baserunning. I also think they were toward the tail end of the AL at the time. Their second half has been legendary. Moneyball 2: Beanesanity imminent?

On June 1 the A's and Astros were both 22-30, 69 wins since then.

zulux21

That's not a bad thing 'cause we'll win that one game. Then it'll two games, then 3...etc

it will be odd if a division winner only plays one game :p (I fully expect the Os to take 2/3 from the rays and the red sox to take 2/3 against the yankees if not sweep them lol)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Great to see the Os (and hopefully the As) in the playoffs this year. Still not use of the idea of this wildcard game...I keep on thinking the wildcard teams are like they were last year lol

god Dammit Bill madden just ticks me off to no end... just.. just read it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/columnists?columnist=2.1058

Here's the biggest problem with the wins against replacement argument: Even the people who invented the 'stat' can't agree on how to calculate it!

Much as Dickey has seemingly been disrespected, however, the seamhead assault on Cabrera has been nothing short of mind-boggling. Here’s a guy having one of the greatest offensive seasons in history, on the cusp of being the first Triple Crown winner since Carl Yastrzemski in 1967, and yet there is this clamor from the sabermetrics gallery that Cabrera must be penalized for his slowness afoot and supposed defensive shortcomings. To hear them tell it, if Cabrera winds up leading the league in batting, homers, RBI, slugging and total bases, and being second in hits and runs, it will still pale in comparison to L.A. Angels super rookie Mike Trout leading the league in runs, stolen bases and . . . WAR.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Man, that Holland vs. Napoli game was pretty great.

Also, Branduil - you are the best arm-chair manager/player ever. All I hear is you complaining about how terrible everyone is and how the whole team should be fired.

Malo

Banned

Also, Branduil - you are the best arm-chair manager/player ever. All I hear is you complaining about how terrible everyone is and how the whole team should be fired.
You should have seen Brandy when the rangers had Cliff Lee.

:jnc that's Branduil at his finest...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
god Dammit Bill madden just ticks me off to no end... just.. just read it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/columnists?columnist=2.1058
i always find it funny when these old school guys preach "the little things" defense an baserunning and then they hate something that tries to account for every facet of the game. (Also its funny trout is still the better player when you don't look at defense and positional adjustment, (he has been the better hitter this year)).

Also what the hell is he talking about with the dickey disrepect, the sabermetric community loves him. He has been one of the best starters in the NL this year.

i always find it funny when these old school guys preach "the little things" defense an baserunning and then they hate something that tries to account for every facet of the game. (Also its funny trout is still the better player when you don't look at defense and positional adjustment, (he has been the better hitter this year)).

Also what the hell is he talking about with the dickey disrepect, the sabermetric community loves him. He has been one of the best starters in the NL this year.

I can already tell who he'll vote for based on this article but he's sounding Joe Morgan levels of stupid here. nut, is he correct about WAR though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom