• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

LJ11

Giles was trashy in game 1, his slider has been mia this series.

Not sure I would have yanked McCullers as soon as they did. Second half was dog shit but he was cruising tonight, 1 HR and they yank the guy. Wasn't k'ing them, but he was getting weak contact, thought it was a bad move at the time. Yanks might have comeback anyway, but I thought they gave McCullers the hook too early.

jordan-laugh.gif

Why do baseball players are so fucking disgusting constantly and the majority of them spitting all the damn time? I don't see this, especially not this much, in other Professional team sports like NFL, soccer football, NBA or NHL (these two maybe because of the surface in which they play on but still!). Why this fixation? It's disgusting and accomplishes nothing! Jesus.

Why do baseball players are so fucking disgusting constantly and the majority of them spitting all the damn time? I don't see this, especially not this much, in other Professional team sports like NFL, soccer football, NBA or NHL (these two maybe because of the surface in which they play on but still!). Why this fixation? It's disgusting and accomplishes nothing! Jesus.

Thanks for stopping by.

Edit: I was out-of-line

Caja 117

Not a baseball expert but why didn’t they walk Judge? Haven’t watched the series until this inning btw.
Aside from walking the go ahead run, the next batter was Didi, You pitch to judge that has a high strikeout rate hoping for that and bring Didi with two outs at the plate. This is the reason why Judge is so low in the lineup, having both Didi and Sanchez after him make pitchers pitch to him instead of pitching around him.

my reverse jinx worked as planed as i declared Yanks loosing the game before the game was over.

They spitting either Chewing tobacco or sunflower seeds.

MechDX

This is just the fucking cycle. Rockets don't get to make that stupid Josh Smith and Corey Brewer comeback until after the Clippers absolutely humiliate us. Clutch City only become our nickname after Choke City became the nickname. 94 and 95 championships only happen after the 93 Oilers collapse.

2016 Rockets happen after the 2015 Rockets + getting Ty Lawson makes everyone hype. 2017 Rockets happen after the total disaster of the 2016 Rockets. But then we get excited, especially after game 1 against the Spurs, and then the game 5 OT and game 6 collapse happen.

Both of the 2007 and 2008 Rockets losses to the Jazz. Astros in 2015 out of nowhere, then the Royals series, then the disappointment of the 2016 season, which leads to the 2017 season looking great, until August, when we go slightly under the radar (the ideal spot for Houston sports). Things looking great until the 4-0 lead and people probably became confident about the team.

So glad about the uncertainty around the CP3 and Harden experiment right now...

Watson needs to start wearing a damn Hakeem jersey

Beckx

The MLB as far as I know banned chewable tobacco years ago and spitting sunflower seeds while at the doughout is one thing but players in the field spit too. Constantly. And they're not munching on seeds!

It's just a weird US baseball culture thing that gets made fun of all the time.

The MLB as far as I know banned chewable tobacco years ago and spitting sunflower seeds while at the doughout is one thing but players in the field do that too. Constantly. And they're not munching on seeds!
Yeah they eat seeds out in the field.

But in real it's bad. I blame it on cameramen for showing it.

E: Fucking Chicago wind. Fuck that

You really want to start talking about character class and mannerisms against NFL players? Rape, Dog Fighting, Murder, Sexual Abuse, Domestic Abuse, Assault, etc.?

I'll take the spitting thanks. Look, whatever - above and beyond, who the fuck cares? So they spit, congrats.

other sports spit just as much. just baseball seems to get the most close-ups on the players. I DON'T KNOW WHO CARES?!?!/ is that your takeway from such an awesome game tonight?

You really want to start talking about character class and mannerisms against NFL players? Rape, Dog Fighting, Murder, Sexual Abuse, Assault, etc.?

I'll take the spitting thanks.
You can hate on NFL players' misgivings while also voicing complaints about MLB players' constant and relentless spitting, you know. One does not cancel the other.

I'm done with this topic. I had to say it and ask why it happens. I love baseball but that doesn't mean I have to like the spitting.

SRTtoZ

It's just a tradition of sucking on stress relief food or tobacco. You think that's bad you should go inside a dugout after the game it's one of the nastiest things I've ever seen.

Not all of them and not all the goddamn time.

I promised I'd drop it. I'll drop it.

well not all baseball players are spitting all the time either.
I propose that instead of extra innings we have a spitting for distance competition.
seed, saliva and gum categories.
edit: Schwarber just hit a spitball.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
That's insane. Why kill the messenger when the disgusting pigs are the players? You can't avoid showing the spitting when all of them do it and constantly!

They spit because they look into the stands and see fans eating hotdogs with mustard on it.

Disgusting.

Mrbob

Joe Maddon lineup construction failure already. Put Jon Jay in because he makes contract and he watches strike three down the middle.

Top Bottom