• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
A big thanks to JDHarbs for the banners.

1DpH2EB.png

MLB History between Mets and Royals:

• First World Series to feature two expansion teams.
  • The first three pennants won by expansion teams were won by the Mets in 1969 and ’73 and the Royals in 1980.
  • The Kansas City Royals and New York Mets won consecutive World Series in 1985 and 1986, respectively, each benefiting from an iconic play at first base late in Game 6 of those series.
  • The decisive seventh games of the 1985 and 1986 World Series were both played on October 27, exactly 30 and 29 years before the scheduled first game of this year’s Series.
  • The last time the teams won a World Series title were in 1985 (Royals) and 1986 (Mets).

World Series Schedule:

• Game 1 - 8pm on Tuesday, Oct. 27th - Mets (Harvey) @ Royals (Volquez) - Fox
  • Game 2 - 8pm on Wednesday, Oct. 28th - Mets (deGrom) @ Royals (Cueto) - Fox
  • Game 3 - 8pm on Friday, Oct. 30th - Royals (Ventura) @ Mets (Syndergaard) - Fox
  • Game 4 - 8pm on Saturday, Oct. 31st - Royals (Young) @ Mets (Matz) - Fox
  • Game 5* - 8pm on Sunday, Nov. 1st - Royals (TBA) @ Mets (TBA) - Fox
  • Game 6* - 8pm on Tuesday, Nov. 3rd - Mets (TBA) @ Royals (TBA) - Fox
  • Game 7* - 8pm on Wednesday, Nov. 4th - Mets (TBA) @ Royals (TBA) - Fox

W9nZjch.png

Road to the World Series (video highlights):

ALDS vs Astros:

ALCS vs Blue Jays:

Roster:

Catchers (2): Drew Butera, Salvador Perez

Infielders (7): Christian Colon, Alcides Escobar, Eric Hosmer, Raul Mondesi Jr., Kendrys Morales, Mike Moustakas, Ben Zobrist

Outfielders (5): Lorenzo Cain, Jarrod Dyson, Alex Gordon, Paulo Orlando, Alex Rios

Pitchers (11): Johnny Cueto, Wade Davis, Danny Duffy, Kelvin Herrera, Luke Hochevar, Ryan Madson, Kris Medlen, Franklin Morales, Yordano Ventura, Edinson Volquez, Chris Young

woo_celebrates_twttr_61m1axd8.gif

Php3Jga.png

Road to the World Series (video highlights):

NLDS vs Dodgers:

NLCS vs Cubs:

Roster:

Catchers (2): Travis d'Arnaud, Kevin Plawecki

Infielders (6): Lucas Duda, Wilmer Flores, Kelly Johnson, Daniel Murphy, Juan Uribe, David Wright

Outfielders (6): Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Conforto, Michael Cuddyer, Curtis Granderson, Juan Lagares, Kirk Nieuwenhuis

Pitchers (11): Tyler Clippard, Bartolo Colon, Jacob deGrom, Jeurys Familia, Sean Gilmartin, Matt Harvey, Steven Matz, Jonathon Niese, Addison Reed, Hansel Robles, Noah Syndergaard

KJDZoUG.gif[

RBH

As a Braves fan, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever support the Mets in any form or fashion.

Go Royals!

Quixzlizx

I don't know if anything could be more gut-wrenching than facing Kershaw and Grienke for 4 games in a 5 game series.

#LetsGoMets

I don't even know who to root for, which I guess will make the series more fun. Both teams seem fun and likable to me. Let's go SEVEN GAMES!

One of the best most likable World Series in years. For once I don't have a legitimate reason to hate one of the teams. Harvey sounded like a me-first douche back in September, but I'm glad that cooler heads prevailed and he was able to pitch that vintage game against the Cubs.

I'm going with Royals in seven. Mets pitching can push this to the limit, but I think the Royals are just more complete of a team. Then there's the whole "who wants it more?" factor, which surely goes in KC's favor considering last years WS. They were soooooo close. Still think Gordon should've tried for home. ;_;

jman2050

I don't have much ill will towards the Mets, but the Royals are on a mission and I don't think Harvey and co can stop them.

As a Cubs fan, I recognize that the Cubs ran out of gas in the NLCS, and that the Mets were better outfitted and better prepared for that spot. That being said, I want the Royals to win because the more small market teams that win, the better it is for the sport. I thought last year was a fairy tale run that meant that they had exactly one shot to win, so I'm really happy that they're back in the big one again.

Also New York City is a toilet and Chicago is second to no one.

For the Frankman, and for the greatest city on Earth - let's go Mets.

...though I wouldn't mind the Royals winning, either. They deserve a title too.

Also, let's go Yankees, now and forever.

Matticers

For the Frankman, and for the greatest city on Earth - let's go Mets.

...though I wouldn't mind the Royals winning, either. They deserve a title too.

Also, let's go Yankees, now and forever.

I agree with this. I'm just hoping we get an excellent series. I'll take a game 7 with extra innings.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets' starters this postseason:

Harvey 2-0, 2.84 ERA, 1.18 WHIP
deGrom 3-0, 1.80 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
Syndergaard 1-1, 2.77 ERA, 1.08 WHIP
Matz 0-1, 3.72 ERA, 1.45 WHIP

Friggz

it should be a good series. you have a mets rotation that is strikeout heavy against a royals lineup that doesnt strike out. i say royals in 6

Wellscha

now that alr1ght brought it up, what is it with Joe Buck and the Royals?
The guy has a huge boner for the other team, every fucking time he announces a game.

I cant walk one block without seeing some random slob wearing a Mets shirt and/or hat.
How typical.

My roof is visible from the 7 train..thought about putting up a banner featuring Mr. Met laying in his own filth while someone takes a shit on his baseball face..but I cant draw and im worried about a fan slithering up there and setting my house on fire.

JDHarbs

now that alr1ght brought it up, what is it with Joe Buck and the Royals?
The guy has a huge boner for the other team, every fucking time he announces a game.
I think Buck is a Cardinals fan, and just can't stand seeing the "losers" from across the state outplaying his team.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Wow, still so many people doubting the Mets. The Royals are gonna have a hard time overcoming their starting pitching.

I say Mets in 6.

Wow, still so many people doubting the Mets. The Royals are gonna have a hard time overcoming their starting pitching.

I say Mets in 6.

Royals lineup is taylor made to get to pitchers early and up their pitch counts. What has helped the Mets so much in this postseason is their starters going long.

I say Mets in 6.

I don't see anyone doubting the Mets. You just have a thread with lots of loyal Royals fans, versus a bunch of Yankees fans with price tags on their Mets jerseys and hats. ;)

Most of us Royals fans bought our gear last year, haha.

Should be a close series. I like how KC matches up.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Royals lineup is taylor made to get to pitchers early and up their pitch counts. What has helped the Mets so much in this postseason is their starters going long.
...after they up their pitch counts early.

I don't see anyone doubting the Mets. You just have a thread with lots of loyal Royals fans, versus a bunch of Yankees fans with price tags on their Mets jerseys and hats. ;)
Hey, screw you. I've earned this through years of pain and suffering.

...after they up their pitch counts early.

Hey, screw you. I've earned this through years of pain and suffering.

I'm not from NYC, but you can't go to the Mets subreddit or even here without reading about a massive influx of Mets fans running about. Hell, sound mentioned it a few posts before mine in this very thread.

KC experienced the same thing last year. My mom has worked for the Royals for years and never saw so many people at games. Hell, I know of at least one Cardinals fan who is on the Royals bandwagon. To which I say, fuck off, redbird trash!

DopeToast

Banned
Really looking forward to this series. The playoffs have been great this year. Not really rooting for any particular team, but being a Reds fan I'd like to see Cueto pitch well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom