• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I'm not understanding the Hosmer hate. He's arguably the most positive personality on this team behind Salvador Perez.

It's 1;30 am on the east coast and the Mets just dropped game 1 of the world series after 14 innings. Not a mystery.

zulux21

I'm not understanding the Hosmer hate. He's arguably the most positive personality on this team behind Salvador Perez.

While everything I have seen says he is a good guy and someone you want on your team.

I won't deny he has a bit of a douche looking face. He looks like a frat boy that is going to be a dick to you lol.

The Mets proved they're an amazing team with lots of great tonight, so no shame there.

I'm so proud of Chris Young. Dude is 100% class and has been getting it done for the team all year. All this with recently losing his dad (he pitched six no hit innings the same day) is crazy.

Game one winner, Chris Young. Gordo hit the ridiculous tying dong, but Escobar gets my game one MVP nod. Inside the park HR on the first pitch of the game, swinging at almost every single pitch (yikes) and just making stuff happen. That final at bat was classic Escobar...put the ball in play and hope for the best.

The biggest positive was we cracked one of three aces and we cracked Familia. We'll need more of that to take four games against this Mets team.

I'm rooting for the Mets, but this was still a fun game.

gg Mets-GAF. amazing game from both sides. going to be an amazing series.

You're seriously good people. I remember that you made the WS thread last year and you were super nice and respectful. Just wanted to let you know.

Ummmm, what at the Hosmer hate? He's probably the most liked first baseman among AL players. He chats and shares laughs with everyone on the other team, regardless of the score or outcome. Hell, the Royals announcers sometimes give him grief for being too friendly with opponents.

Fans love him. He never says a mean thing about anyone. I've never read a douche quote from him about not wanting a gay teammate in the locker room, a la Douche Murphy. He buys out the bar for fans after games.

Ummmm, what at the Hosmer hate? He's probably the most liked first baseman among AL players. He chats and shares laughs with everyone on the other team, regardless of the score out outcome. Hell, the Royals announcers sometimes give him grief for being too friendly with opponents.

Fans love him. He never says a man thing about anyone. I've never read a douche quote from him about not wanting a gay teammate in the locker room, a la Douche Murphy.

And yet, he flips his bat.

And yet, he flips his bat.

I mean, was that really it? He celebrated knocking in the winning run after almost costing his team the win with an incredibly rare error. And after the opposing manager walked the bases loaded to get to him.

That was the most minor bat flip I've seen in awhile. I wish he'd gone full Bautista there.

I guarantee nobody on the Mets was offended. And if they were, pitch at him next game and see how that goes.

Tymerend

Hosmer is just an all around cool guy. After a playoff win last year, he dropped by a place in P&L and bought everyone drinks.

Anyway, great game, looking forward to the rest of the series.

Teggy

Can't believe the ghost of Armando Benitez
he's still alive
haunted this game. It's ok, Mets. Just need to split on the road. If they lose tomorrow then I get worried.

zroid

Banned
Ummmm, what at the Hosmer hate? He's probably the most liked first baseman among AL players. He chats and shares laughs with everyone on the other team, regardless of the score or outcome. Hell, the Royals announcers sometimes give him grief for being too friendly with opponents.

Fans love him. He never says a mean thing about anyone. I've never read a douche quote from him about not wanting a gay teammate in the locker room, a la Douche Murphy. He buys out the bar for fans after games.

His facial hair is kinda douchey tho

Hoz is cool

Toth

I do like Matt Harvey's continuing humbling by good teams. I swear, he has become so unlikeable and egotistical as of late that he needs to be brought down a few pegs. David Wright is still all class.

LJ11

Terry can't let Cuddy bat again, he's awful. Hated bunting over Lagares, I know Wilmer is a turtle but he had some great ABs and hit the ball hard, don't give up any outs with the human out right behind him. If Terry wants D then just play Lagares, Conforto pulled too early. Cuddy barely played and managed to k 3 times.

Who does a 14 inning game affect more going forward? The team that suffered the loss and saw their world class closer blow the save? Or the team with the worse starters that will need to rely more on their now depleted bullpen the rest of the series?

Who does a 14 inning game affect more going forward? The team that suffered the loss and saw their world class closer blow the save? Or the team with the worse starters that will need to rely more on their now depleted bullpen the rest of the series?

Whichever team has to go to their bullpen first tomorrow. If DeGrom and/or Cueto can go 7 or 8 tomorrow then it really doesn't matter.

Syrinx

Guess it largely depends on how the next game goes. If the Mets get off to a hot start tomorrow the moale will be back. If Cueto goes deep into the game the tired bullpen is less of a factor.

Well, if we're relying on Cueto to last out there, oh boy. Which Cueto shows up tomorrow? The All Star or the human pitching machine providing batting practice?

Goodnight, GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom