• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry just over managing, trying to seal it through 5 even though Harvey was way off tonight, that velocity, yikes. Shouldn't have started switching things around, we don't have a deep bench, use what you have.

No idea why Uribe was even in a uniform today if he's gonna put Cuddles and his no knees in over him.

lupinko

The Mets will need some backup for game 2.

yNzPlIL.png

Choomp

Banned
Yup, that's a tough one. I went to sleep at the 13th inning expecting to wake up to this news but that's still a rough loss to start out. On the bright side, don't think the Mets have ever won Game 1 of the WS before.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Terry can't let Cuddy bat again, he's awful. Hated bunting over Lagares, I know Wilmer is a turtle but he had some great ABs and hit the ball hard, don't give up any outs with the human out right behind him. If Terry wants D then just play Lagares, Conforto pulled too early. Cuddy barely played and managed to k 3 times.

If Cuddy doesn't get a whiff of the dugout for the rest of the series, I would be happy. Regardless how the series turns out for the Mets.

Ummmm, what at the Hosmer hate? He's probably the most liked first baseman among AL players. He chats and shares laughs with everyone on the other team, regardless of the score or outcome. Hell, the Royals announcers sometimes give him grief for being too friendly with opponents.

Fans love him. He never says a mean thing about anyone. I've never read a douche quote from him about not wanting a gay teammate in the locker room, a la Douche Murphy. He buys out the bar for fans after games.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/learning-the-language-of-the-clubhouse/

most players are probably douches like that, though

So Im hearing conflicting stories with Volquez, did he knew before he started the game or during the game?

Ned Yost says he didn't but yeah, there are conflicting stories still this morning. Volquez's wife definitely asked Yost on behalf of the family not to tell him, and then Yost honored that wish and didn't tell him nor the rest of the team, except for Chris Young in case he might need to take over (which he did).

But there are those this morning, particularly ESPN, who are doubling down that he DID find out right before the game. So... dunno.

sportsmediawatch.com said:
Marathon World Series Opener Hits Six-Year High in Overnights

An World Series opener marked by extra innings and technical difficulties scored a six-year high on FOX.

Game 1 of the Mets/Royals World Series drew a 10.5 overnight rating on FOX Tuesday night, up 31% from Giants/Royals last year (8.0), up 12% from Cardinals/Red Sox in 2013 (9.4), and the highest Game 1 overnight in six years — since Phillies/Yankees in 2009 (13.8). It was just the second Game 1 over that span to hit double-digits in the metered markets.

The Royals’ extra-inning win, which peaked at a 12.1 from 10:45-11 PM ET, tied the highest overnight for a non-clinching World Series game since Rangers/Cardinals Game 6 in 2011 (13.8), matching Red Sox/Cardinals Game 4 in 2013.

The FOX telecast was marred by technical difficulties, which briefly delayed the game and forced the network to use MLB Network’s international feed for parts of three innings. Ultimately, the technical difficulties likely had no impact on the numbers; only one at bat was missed.

Locally, Game 1 had a whopping 57.3 rating in Kansas City — up 19% from last year (48.2) and the highest for a World Series opener in any market since at least 1996. The 57.3 tops Super Bowl 49 in February, which had a 54.5 in the market.

The opener also had a 26.2 in New York, down 37% from the Mets’ last World Series opener in 2000 (41.6). An obvious caveat is that the 2000 World Series pitted the Mets against the Yankees, no doubt inflating the New York numbers. By comparison, Phillies/Yankees Game 1 in 2009 had a 29.7 in the market.

(Tue. numbers from Fox Sports, Deadline)

Overnights- not final numbers.

zulux21

CSYmrU3WIAADgso.jpg

I KNEW HE WAS ON THE BAG

that is not the angle you want to see if he is on the bag. while he looks like he is on the beg from that way, from a better angle (from the first base line facing towards the play) where you can see both the bag and foot clearly he was at least an inch off the bag before the ball hit his mit.

you just can see that in this picture because the angle makes small amounts of distance like that not visible.

if he was on the bag or even close it would have been challenged, this isn't the old days of baseball where you can't. he was off the bag and it was clear he was off the bag when you had the right angle.

zulux21

I feel fucking terrible today. That was truly a heartbreaker last night. I think a win tonight is possible and extremely vital too though

most likely, KC was pretty consistent this season. From the looks of it the only time KC wasn't around .500 or better (I saw one or two 9-11 stretches before sept) during a 20 game stretch was in early sept when they had the division pretty much locked up and started resting their players.

I couldn't find their longest losing streaks, but I don't recall them ever having a long losing streak this season. To be fair, high contact, high speed offenses rarely go into slumps.

zulux21

We beat the Super Bowl!!!

i know it's just in the KC market but..

but but baseball is dying :p

I always love it when people look at football numbers and go they are higher, but are just looking at a single game vs single game instead of the overall picture.

if football some how managed to play 162 games in a season there is no doubt the numbers per game would be way lower :p Baseball still puts up amazing numbers for how many games there are.

Loco4Coco

Mets lineup for game 2 is out. Lagares in Center and Conforto to DH. Glad to see Lagares in the lineup, he has done good so far this postseason.

Cuddyer will be handcuffed to the bench.

painey

man, I really don't want Kansas to win this, but the idea of Cespedes getting a ring after we traded him away in our squad-destroying season irks me too much.

Beckx

From now on, it's the NY Mets vs. the Kansas Royals.

also, Mark Melancon NL Reliever of the Year. Not a surprise given league leading 51 saves and 96.2% save percentage. He also had the fewest meltdowns, IIRC.

Beckx

I can't take the Fox announce crew tonight, switching to the alternate audio. I don't love the WOR guys but I'm desperate.

Also, deGrom looks nothing like his picture on the MLB app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom