• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I've only been there a week and I already want to climb into one of the trash cans and get pushed down the really fucking long staircase, jackass style.

When the place is dead, it's actually boring. Remember that Futurama episode when Bender says "I don't know, Fry. For the first time in my life I feel like I've stolen enough". I've reached that point with nudity. Everyone else there has too.

SteveWD40

I've only been there a week and I already want to climb into one of the trash cans and get pushed down the really fucking long staircase, jackass style.

When the place is dead, it's actually boring. Remember that Futurama episode when Bender says "I don't know, Fry. For the first time in my life I feel like I've stolen enough". I've reached that point with nudity. Everyone else there has too.

I got there after a week in Poland in certain clubs, it was like "no, your supposed to strip, if you start nude then what's the finale?

oh dear lord!"

Nudity isn't enough anymore.

bone_and_sinew

Aren't you an engineer/studying engineering, bone?
No. I got a degree in political science but didn't attend lawschool, which is actually a better alternative than going since the lawschool bubble went to complete shit in this country and is still completely broken.

Strip club

wandyhasacraftywankwhil.gif

No. I got a degree in political science but didn't attend lawschool, which is actually a better alternative than going since the lawschool bubble went to complete shit in this country and is still completely broken.

you should've went ahead and become a lawyer, man.

that way you could sue the titty bar for making you numb to nudity and destroying your erections. gotta buy a pump.

bone_and_sinew

you should've went ahead and become a lawyer, man.

that way you could sue the titty bar for making you numb to nudity and destroying your erections. gotta buy a pump.
I'd be bone_without_sinew since I'd have died of starvation long before getting this job had I become a lawyer.

bone_and_sinew

But now you are sinew_without_boner, not sure which is worse.
I can still get boners but only under the right circumstance.

AH!

i wonder how many limp dick old farts go there hoping muscle memory settles in.

you probably see your share of depressed, depressing human beings, bone.
Old men who go there alone make me legit sad. Same with young guys alone who look like they create the kind of topics we made fun of in this thread.

bone_and_sinew

Share some weird stories with us :)
Nothing yet, like I said, only a week there for me. Though one of my friends who's been there a month has shared some crazy ones with me. I'll share these in nerdchat during Bellator (I have Thursdays off) since our lockeroom has been compromised.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I leave MMA GAF alone for a day and this shit happens.

Anyhow: UFC 160 is now card of the year for sure now that Bader is out.

bone_and_sinew

Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been surprised that one of my coworkers is a GAFfer. After work we (and by we I mean the male staff since the strippers actually leave early) have a couple drinks and chill until the shift manager kicks us out and locks up. One of the topics of discussion a couple of days ago? Next-gen consoles! The PS4 has won a GSPesque 50-45 decision among my male coworkers (and a lone stripper who joined us).

Wynnebeck

Banned
So I'm just hearing that Silva is fighting Weidman? I think Silva put it best: "This is good for Chris, not for me. He's a kid, it'll be good for him."

MjFrancis

Anyhow: UFC 160 is now card of the year for sure now that Bader is out.
Ryan Bader got injured? That's a shame. He'll have to roll or get rolled by some other chump now. I wasn't looking forward to Glover fighting again anyways given his performance last time. Maybe he can do better against Te Huna.

industrian

Ryan Bader got injured? That's a shame. He'll have to roll or get rolled by some other chump now. I wasn't looking forward to Glover fighting again anyways given his performance last time. Maybe he can do better against Te Huna.

I see Bader fighting the winner of Davis/Magalhaes.

Glover/Tuna, winner faces Machida for No. 1 contender in my book. Then again Glover said he wouldn't take that fight.

MjFrancis

Then again Glover said he wouldn't take that fight.
The Ultimate needs to get rid of this attitude. They should have a card filled with matchups that fighters claimed they wouldn't take. Training teammates or not, the UFC is not a team sport. Beat your teammate up, shake hands afterwards and move on.

bone_and_sinew

The Ultimate needs to get rid of this attitude. They should have a card filled with matchups that fighters claimed they wouldn't take. Training teammates or not, the UFC is not a team sport. Beat your teammate up, shake hands afterwards and move on.
Reason 1,458 why kickboxing at its peak > mma at its peak. Kickboxers don't give a crap since they beat the crap out of each other every day.

MjFrancis

Reason 1,458 why kickboxing at its peak > mma at its peak. Kickboxers don't give a crap since they beat the crap out of each other every day.
I enjoy watching combat sports. Since my only exposure to kickboxing has been Glory NYE 2012 and Overeem K-1 highlights, where would you suggest an enthusiast such as myself get his fix of this glorious sport?

muddream

Banned
I enjoy watching combat sports. Since my only exposure to kickboxing has been Glory NYE 2012 and Overeem K-1 highlights, where would you suggest an enthusiast such as myself get his fix of this glorious sport?

The 2009 WGP Final is my favorite and still relevant in terms of who's fighting these days.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I would never fight a member of MMA-GAF. I thought we all agreed on that.

industrian

Pretty much.

Even though the team system could work if done correctly and - most importantly - within a decent budget. Focus on 3-4 weight classes max, have one fighter per weight class on each team and put together a league system across 5-6 events.

Of course I wouldn't expect any high profile fighters to take part, nor would I want them to. It could serve (quite literally) as a minor league of sorts to Bellator and the UFC. Strap a reality TV show to it and piggyback on the combined personalities and camaraderies of the teams preparing for and recovering from the fights.

Anyone want to help me Kickstarter this? :p

Pretty much.

Even though the team system could work if done correctly and - most importantly - within a decent budget. Focus on 4-5 weight classes max, have one fighter per weight class on each team and put together a league system across 5-6 events.

Of course I wouldn't expect any high profile fighters to take part, nor would I want them to. It could serve (quite literally) as a minor league of sorts to Bellator and the UFC. Strap a reality TV show to it and piggyback on the combined personalities and camaraderies of the teams preparing for and recovering from the fights.

Chuck Norris had a league that worked something like this. I think IFL did as well. It's an interesting idea but in practice it just sort of falls flat, especially as far as individual careers are concerned because better fighters can't carry their teams like other sports.

industrian

Chuck Norris had a league that worked something like this. I think IFL did as well. It's an interesting idea but in practice it just sort of falls flat, especially as far as individual careers are concerned because better fighters can't carry their teams like other sports.

I know. That's why my idea is purely for low level fighters. It ignores the high-profile aspects of career/legacy-minded fighters and the baggage and financials that go with them.

Basically go up to Jacksons, AKA, Blackzillians, etc and say "what entry-level guys have you got that you think have potential?" Focus on a core set of weight classes, and put it together from there. It's Bad MMA, but at least there's a structure, with the system basically focused on filling a hole left by the demise of Strikeforce Challengers and ProElite. Add a reality TV show to it to get some exposure, run it for one season and see where it goes.

I know. That's why my idea is purely for low level fighters. It ignores the high-profile aspects of career/legacy-minded fighters and the baggage and financials that go with them.

Basically go up to Jacksons, AKA, Blackzillians, etc and say "what entry-level guys have you got that you think have potential?" Focus on a core set of weight classes, and put it together from there. It's Bad MMA, but at least there's a structure, with the system basically focused on filling a hole left by the demise of Strikeforce Challengers and ProElite. Add a reality TV show to it to get some exposure, run it for one season and see where it goes.

It could possibly work but who would take a chance on it really? I imagine Bellator only lucked into their Spike deal with SF being bought and shuttered by Zuffa. Without a decent TV outlet I can't see it being financially feasible. It's not a bad idea though for a farm league type of deal.

industrian

It could possibly work but who would take a chance on it really? I imagine Bellator only lucked into their Spike deal with SF being bought and shuttered by Zuffa. Without a decent TV outlet I can't see it being financially feasible. It's not a bad idea though for a farm league type of deal.

Personally I would envision it as being online only. Entry/mid-level talent would keep costs relatively low, but production costs and infrastructure for streaming would be a bitch. It would be relying on buzz to carry it, which I figure would be enough for one season.

Keep in mind this is all shit I've literally just thought up on the spot. It's a decent idea with some glaring holes. I may put actual effort into it and if I ever get the opportunity to I may ship it around Taiwan/Asia. MMA is the flavour of the month over here right now.

Arlovski is looking to get back into the UFC for a title run if he gets past Rumble. I gotta say this fight interests me.

Also Arlovski has no chance in the current Ultimate. I can't think of anyone but Mir that would be a good stylistic fight for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom