• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
Arlovski is looking to get back into the UFC for a title run if he gets past Rumble. I gotta say this fight interests me.

Also Arlovski has no chance in the current Ultimate. I can't think of anyone but Mir that would be a good stylistic fight for him.

Struve. See which glass jaw breaks on contact.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I know. That's why my idea is purely for low level fighters. It ignores the high-profile aspects of career/legacy-minded fighters and the baggage and financials that go with them.

Basically go up to Jacksons, AKA, Blackzillians, etc and say "what entry-level guys have you got that you think have potential?" Focus on a core set of weight classes, and put it together from there. It's Bad MMA, but at least there's a structure, with the system basically focused on filling a hole left by the demise of Strikeforce Challengers and ProElite. Add a reality TV show to it to get some exposure, run it for one season and see where it goes.
This was the IFL concept.

It was where we got Chris Horodeki, Jay Hieron, Krzysztof Soszynski, Ben Rothwell, Dan Miller, Jake Ellenburger, Sam Hoger, Roy Nelson, Tim Kennedy, Vladimir Matyushenko, and the rapist Mike Whitehead.

TheNatural

My Member!
GSP about to come on Jay Mohr sports radio show. Should be funny because Jay tries to act like he knows about MMA but doesn't know shit about it and asks stupid questions.

Last time Dana was on he asked him why he makes weed illegal. Last time Faber was on after his win, he asked Faber who he would rather fight next and said he should fight Cruz because it looks like he could handle Barao easily. Derp.

ibhw12wP8JIfx5.JPG

For the image challenged like Vio-friend, UFC 158 countdown is tonight at 8pm PT/11pm ET on Fuel.

Arlovski is looking to get back into the UFC for a title run if he gets past Rumble. I gotta say this fight interests me.

Also Arlovski has no chance in the current Ultimate. I can't think of anyone but Mir that would be a good stylistic fight for him.

Dat Greg Jackson game planning though. Jab, jab, low kick, circle away.

Joe Rogan Experience with Bas Rutten

Bas mentioned that fight he wanted with Wanderlei in PRIDE was supposed to be on a NYE card under an early form of UK-1 rules. 4 oz. gloves, no takedowns. Damn that would've been a fun one.
Keek heem in da leever!

TheNatural

My Member!
"Fraud? I’m not the one that hides behind a weight class that she knows I can’t make. Meet me at 140 lbs, then ask her if I’m a fraud after I knock her ass out! Obviously she knows that she can’t compete with me – take the time, maybe [Ronda] will get good enough and gain some confidence. Until then … I am the best and do not want to talk about hypotheticals. I fight in Invicta and I’m proud to be helping save women's MMA." - Cristiane Santos via TMZ

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Cr...the-one-that-hides-behind-a-weight-class.html

Dat Tito micwork.

Cristiane Justino née "Cyborg" Santos (that name got Evangelista's daddy's blood on it) speaks better English than Tito does.

UFC 163: Aldo vs. Pettis will take place at the HSBC Arena in Rio, some time in August

And Boogie, while you were spending your time elsewhere, being too good for MMA GAF we got slaughtered and we'll be picking up the pieces for about 2 weeks I think. For MMA-GAF it was a catastrophic day that will live in infamy. For EviLore, it was Monday.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Please don't suck here Mike Wallace, please don't suck here. I'm begging for dynamic, exciting, watchable football again.

TheChits

The wildcard fight....god dammit

*TUF Spoilers for the next episode*
We pretty much knows Bubba wins since a few weeks back people found a pic of Kevin Casey getting put into an ambulance. The promo for next week also said it was a one of the most shocking finishes in TUF history.

TheNatural

My Member!
It was reported earlier today that WWE officials are considering a MMA-style fight for the Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania 29 in just a few weeks.

F4Wonline.com reports that the match will not be held under MMA rules.

WWE officials are considering 3 or 4 different stipulations but they had not decided on anything as of last night's RAW. It's possible we won't find out the stipulation until the March 25th or April 1st RAW.

Trips by split decision.

i tapped out, to boredom, and gonna return to, not the only but best, most useful employable skill i got, fuckin sales.

probably gonna start next week, hope i don't miss GSP vs Diaz.

The wildcard fight....god dammit

*TUF Spoilers for the next episode*
We pretty much knows Bubba wins since a few weeks back people found a pic of Kevin Casey getting put into an ambulance. The promo for next week also said it was a one of the most shocking finishes in TUF history.

I hate Bubba

Who else thinks Jones is a crappy coach? Chael has to be one of the best coaches Iv'e seen on TUF. Probably the best coach.

MjFrancis

Who else thinks Jones is a crappy coach? Chael has to be one of the best coaches Iv'e seen on TUF. Probably the best coach.
I thought that after the very first fight. I haven't watched since episode three, but it sounds like nothing has changed in that regard. Being a great athlete does not necessitate great coaching ability - as Jon Jones as reminded us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom