• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
And again the best thing about UFC is Nerdchat. Next week should be good.

Time to watch Teen Wolf M J Fox and play some Blood Dragon...... at the same time.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I wish they let it go a little longer. I want to see death.

The Healy/Miller fight could've been stopped at the end of the first with Healy dazed, but they let it go and he won.

Rockhold had his hands to his side, had to stop it.

Dude called Bisping stupid for standing and striking with Vitor, lol.....way to take the fight to the ground.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Renan Barão out of UFC 161

Interim-Interim Championship.

Told you guys Vitor was gonna win

Did anyone here actually believe Rock Lukehold had any chance whatsoever? Outside of possibly Souza, Vitor is the first real fighter he's actually fought against. And that 10 month break since his last fight didn't do wonders for him either.

I personally would have started Rockhold in the UFC with a Brian Stann or a Chris Leben, but all things considered (it's a Brazilian event afterall) they needed Vitor to look good so he did his job perfectly.

industrian

He would destroy Okami

Pretty much. Okami's two-dimensional grappling ain't doing shit to Vitor.

If Vitor's piss test comes clean then book him to fight the Silva/Weidman winner in November/December. He's done more than enough in beating Bisping and Rockhold to warrant a title shot.

Then again there may be too much TRT baggage on Vitor (both from fans/media/other fighters and from athletic commissions) to possibly risk him being a champion.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Then again there may be too much TRT baggage on Vitor (both from fans/media/other fighters and from athletic commissions) to possibly risk him being a champion.

Where did all this heat on Vitor come from? TRT didn't stop them from giving a shot to Mir or Hendo or two in a row to Sonnen, and Overeem was in line for one before Bigfoot beat the T out of him. Must be the obvious levels of jackedness plus having his last two fights in Brazil. Where did he fight Jones though? He didn't get popped there, so the tests shouldn't be a concern. It wouldn't surprise me if in the future he just told the AC he went off it and they licensed him. They've swallowed that before.

muddream

Banned
Where did all this heat on Vitor come from? TRT didn't stop them from giving a shot to Mir or Hendo or two in a row to Sonnen, and Overeem was in line for one before Bigfoot beat the T out of him. Must be the obvious levels of jackedness plus having his last two fights in Brazil. Where did he fight Jones though? He didn't get popped there, so the tests shouldn't be a concern. It wouldn't surprise me if in the future he just told the AC he went off it and they licensed him. They've swallowed that before.

Vitor has been on roids since puberty and has tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone in Nevada...he'll never get an exemption.

Vitor has done more in 6 months than Weidman had done his entire career to warrant him a title shot. He broke Jones arm, KOd Bisping and Rockhold brutally. No wonder Chris ducked him.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Vitor requested that a journalist to get beat up after bringing up his TRT use. He doesn't seem like a guy that would be joking about that.

I don't think Vitor should get a middle weight title shot. He lost to Anderson and Jones the last two years.

He should fight Okami, Sonnen then the discussion can be entertained. 2-win fight streaks don't make a #1 contender. UFC needs to chill with this fly by night booking.

Also, I feel sorry for the Canadians who paid for 161. That country keeps getting terrible cards outside of the GSP ones.

I don't think Vitor should get a middle weight title shot. He lost to Anderson and Jones the last two years.

He should fight Okami, Sonnen then the discussion can be entertained. 2-win fight streaks don't make a #1 contender. UFC needs to chill with this fly by night booking.

Also, I feel sorry for the Canadians who paid for 161. That country keeps getting terrible cards outside of the GSP ones.

Then who fights winner of Silva/Weidman? The whole reason why they have this "fly by night" bookings is because the division is shallow. Yes there's a certain fairness in allowing guys to work their way back up but when the Champ is so blatantly more skilled then them the prospect of repeat fights is boring. It doesn't sell.

Vio-Lence

Banned
playboy Samurai dropping truth bombs all over this thread. Belfort with his last 2 wins has done more to earn a title shot than Chris Whiteman.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
iDD7j0hQwMWcf.gif

lol, how was this not an automatic point deduction. so careless.

industrian

Well, considering that he dismantled the perennial No. 1 Contender Bisping and has now just crushed a Strikeforce champion, I figure that there's both nothing left for him to prove nor is there anyone else in his position.

Regarding the other potential challenger - Yushin Okami - I doubt he'd be any challenge to Vitor whatsoever. But considering that they're both Anderson's sloppy seconds, I figure that it'd be a decent enough No. 1 Contender fight.

playboy Samurai dropping truth bombs all over this thread. Belfort with his last 2 wins has done more to earn a title shot than Chris Whiteman.

Victor Gracie did more in pushing over Hamburger Johnston than what Wideman had ever done.

Well, considering that he dismantled the perennial No. 1 Contender Bisping and has now just crushed a Strikeforce champion, I figure that there's both nothing left for him to prove nor is there anyone else in his position.

Regarding the other potential challenger - Yushin Okami - I doubt he'd be any challenge to Vitor whatsoever. But considering that they're both Anderson's sloppy seconds, I figure that it'd be a decent enough No. 1 Contender fight.

Victor Gracie did more in pushing over Hamburger Johnston than what Wideman had ever done.

Bisping didn't deserve a title shot either. It's my point. Title shots the last few years have been fly by night booking or boxing "pay day" like.

People go on and on about how crooked boxing is or how legitimate a sport MMA is but with all this TRT nonsense, hypocritical attitude toward marijuana (more so the fact UFC took that guys money instead of fining him say $40,000-$50,000) and shady booking (read Shael, Edgar/Aldo, etc). But I'm just venting.

Personally, I think a fighter should be on a 4-5 win streak and beat a few legit guys on the way to challenging the champion like a Mark Hunt (who still needs another fight against some one like Dos Santos, a Nelson or a Nog). Belfort has done great at middle weight, I just think they should pit him against one or two more guys like Shael, Okami, Weidman (who shouldn't be getting a title shot just because the division is that weak).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You guys are misplacing your blame. Weidman earned his shot with two top 10 wins in a row. We wouldn't be having this discussion if Canderson defended the belt with any kind of regularity.

Bisping didn't deserve a title shot either. It's my point. Title shots the last few years have been fly by night booking or boxing "pay day" like.

People go on and on about how crooked boxing is or how legitimate a sport MMA is but with all this TRT nonsense, hypocritical attitude toward marijuana (more so the fact UFC took that guys money instead of fining him say $40,000-$50,000) and shady booking (read Shael, Edgar/Aldo, etc). But I'm just venting.

Personally, I think a fighter should be on a 4-5 win streak and beat a few legit guys on the way to challenging the champion like a Mark Hunt (who still needs another fight against some one like Dos Santos, a Nelson or a Nog). Belfort has done great at middle weight, I just think they should pit him against one or two more guys like Shael, Okami, Weidman (who shouldn't be getting a title shot just because the division is that weak).
Who gets a shot at the GOAT then? Does he just sit on the shelf waiting until then? Take pointless light heavyweight fights? Continue to duck Bones while Georgie ducks him?

industrian

All title shots are subjective unless they're backed up by something substantial like a Bellator-style tournament.

But unless you want a situation like in Bellator where you've got champions only fighting once a year due to the necessity of hosting said tournaments, compensating for injuries and other bullshit then you'll start to appreciate that aforementioned subjectiveness.

I personally hate the concept of belts and in my ideal MMA organisation there would just be constant tournaments with the previous winner being seeded into the second round.

But we're fast on-track to having a 1-900-UFC-SHOT to pick the next No. 1 contenders, so who gives a fuck?

I feel that MW is a very solid division that's just dominated by Vitor and Anderson.

Rockhold
Bisping
Shael (LHW?)
Wand (LHW?)
Okami
Lombard
Jacare
Cann
Munoz
Weisman
Franklin
Cung
Barbarian
Anderson Jr

And Evans once Hendo knocks him the funk out.

I feel like that Anderson front kick just turned Belfort into a monster. He must have been humiliated by that

Weidman got a title shot due to Bisping and Evans blowing it.....it is what it is.

Someone's gotta fight Silva and he was the one that made the most sense when they announced it.

Realistically too? He's the only dude that has a skill set that can cause a threat to Silva. Dude can work Silva on the ground and not just lay on him like Sonnen.

Who gets a shot at the GOAT then? Does he just sit on the shelf waiting until then? Take pointless light heavyweight fights? Continue to duck Bones while Georgie ducks him?
He should relinquish the title or they can create an interim middle weight title if he beats Weidman. He takes the GSP and Jones super fights then retires.

There's nothing else for him to do except collect checks and look bored/unmotivated in the ring.

Even Jones knows, after awhile it'll be pointless for him to stay in light heavy weight. He needs to move up.

Light heavyweight, welter weight, light weight (slightly) and women's (slightly) are the most interesting divisions right now. Middle weight, feather weight, fly weight and heavy weight seem to be fishing for contenders (Big Foot!!!, Zingano, Weidman, etc).

They do need something to mix it up like a Grand Prix or tournament.

He should relinquish the title or they can create an interim middle weight title if he beats Weidman. He takes the GSP and Jones super fights then retires.

There's nothing else for him to do except collect checks and look bored/unmotivated in the ring.

Even Jones knows, after awhile it'll be pointless for him to stay in light heavy weight. He needs to move up.

Light heavyweight, welter weight, light weight (slightly) and women's (slightly) are the most interesting divisions right now. Middle weight, feather weight, fly weight and heavy weight seem to be fishing for contenders (Big Foot!!!, Zingano, Weidman, etc).

Why retire when you're still better than everyone and getting paid?

And Jones will move up as he ages and the cut becomes harder. He'll stay LHW as long as possible though because he's already said he wants a legacy like Silva. Can't get that without an undefeated streak and he loses a lot of his natural advantages in HW.

You have your heart in the right place man but that stuff just isn't going to happen. Doesn't make any business sense.

So he should relinquish the title because...he's too good for the rest of the division?

Fifty

lol, how was this not an automatic point deduction. so careless.

Because 99 times out of 100 MMA refs will warn you multiple times before taking a point away. I'm all for a zero tolerance policy. Grab the fence? Point gone. Kick 'em in the nuts, even if it's unintentional, you lose a point. It would clean up the sport overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom