• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Frankie hasn't been robbed in years. And I find it funny to compare Bendo to GSP when Frankie's whole career has been point fighting.

The fight is a close one. I don't think I've seen anyone close to finishing Bendo outside of subs and he fights his way out of some of the tightest subs I've seen. Pettis doesn't have the athletic edge in this fight as opposed to his last few fights. It really is a toss up in every sense.

The dude that hit him with a street fighter move doesnt have the athletic edge?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I want Showtime to win and a finish would be glorious, but I see Bendo eeking out another decision, he's become too elusive and knows how to grab rounds.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Using a flashy technique makes him more athletic? If so Cub Swanson is more athletic than 90% of MMA.

You said 'athletic'. Young anthony clearly has the edge. As he was the only one out of the two people you're talking about who did Vega's dive off the cage and kicked the other dude in the mouth. Not to mention he was mollywhooping Bendo most of that fight.

He is and it's closer to 99%.

I'm a Cub fan and even I can't say that with a straight face. Acrobatics =/= Athleticism

You said 'athletic'. Young anthony clearly has the edge. As he was the only one out of the two people you're talking about who did Vega's dive off the cage and kicked the other dude in the mouth. Not to mention he was mollywhooping Bendo most of that fight.

Bendo is quick, agile, strong, and capable of flashiness of his own. Springing off the fence with a Muay Thai style kick isn't in his repertoire but that doesn't mean he's less athletic. And I disagree with the bold. That fight was razor close and barring that kick, that no one in the sport would have predicted or expected, the fight could've gone either way. I actually thought Bendo was getting the better of Pettis in that round up to that point personally.

oh shit, weigh ins are on right now for Conduit/Kampmann

I forgot that was tomorrow. So tomorrow is Conduit/Kampmann and then Saturday is Young Pettis/Bendo Christ Superstar

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm a Cub fan and even I can't say that with a straight face. Acrobatics =/= Athleticism

Bendo is quick, agile, strong, and capable of flashiness of his own. Springing off the fence with a Muay Thai style kick isn't in his repertoire but that doesn't mean he's less athletic. And I disagree with the bold. That fight was razor close and barring that kick, that no one in the sport would have predicted or expected, the fight could've gone either way. I actually thought Bendo was getting the better of Pettis in that round up to that point personally.

Sir. I respect your op pinion to be wrong.

muddream

Banned

Cub has a speed, power, balance & acrobatic advantage over almost everyone in the top 10 of his division. For every Jon Jones there are thousands of Tony Lopez in this sport, you need to put these things into perspective.

VoxPop

Jeez.. Anik is a solid commentator but he is absolutely terrible at announcing fighter names with some flair. Rogan is truly underrated.

Yeah, Bendo/Pettis isn't a great fight to throw money down. That being said, I really think Benson's "growth" in the UFC is quite overstated. Dude has arguably lost 3 of his last 4 fights. If people cared more about the lightweight division, his 2nd "win" over Edgar would be ranked up there with Machida/Shogun I as far as bullshit goes.

Who we kiddin? he lost the first fight too. Its unbelievable that a 5 round fight was pretty much judged on 1 upkick. That was the only move that did any real damage to Frankie in that fight.

VoxPop

Who we kiddin? he lost the first fight too. Its unbelievable that a 5 round fight was pretty much judged on 1 upkick. That was the only move that did any real damage to Frankie in that fight.

Oh cmon. Bendo thoroughly beat Edgar in their first fight. Outstruck him the entire fight and the only thing Edgar had going for him were the takedowns that he did nothing with. One upkick that did real damage compared to the zero damage Edgar delivered sounds like a win in my book.

That being said, the rematch (one he got purely through whining that he didn't deserve) was super close but yeah Edgar did deserve the nod just slightly. That's what you get for point fighting your entire career. Should learn to finish instead of throwing his hat around crying about the decision.

Sir. I respect your op pinion to be wrong.

I like your spirit. I've watched the fight multiple times, and I always come to the same opinion. It's an extremely close fight until that kick.

I really, really hope that Mr. Tavares ends Bubba's ufc career in violent fashion

Cheers to that.

Cub has a speed, power, balance & acrobatic advantage over almost everyone in the top 10 of his division. For every Jon Jones there are thousands of Tony Lopez in this sport, you need to put these things into perspective.

I see what you're getting at. I probably shouldn't have said all of MMA since it includes everything from locals leagues with guys who do little more than wing their arms at each other to PPV broadcasted orgs. As far as his division.. I'd say that Lamas, Edgar, and Guida, are pretty toe to toe with him in terms of overall Athletics. He has more acrobatics than them though, without a doubt.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I like your spirit. I've watched the fight multiple times, and I always come to the same opinion. It's an extremely close fight until that kick.

Cheers to that.

I see what you're getting at. I probably shouldn't have said all of MMA since it includes everything from locals leagues with guys who do little more than wing their arms at each other to PPV broadcasted orgs. As far as his division.. I'd say that Lamas, Edgar, and Guida, are pretty toe to toe with him in terms of overall Athletics. He has more acrobatics than them though, without a doubt.

Good kick though. You gotta admit that at least.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I'm being nice to Ben here because honestly, I thought he lost both fights against Edgar. That being said, I did score the Gilbert fight in his favor.

dream

Here's a small and true anecdote. During the Playstation 2 era, I fried my console trying to solder a mod chip in it and Josh Barnett, who was a trained electrician, tried to give me advice on how to fix it.

He is a prince of a man.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Here's a small and true anecdote. During the Playstation 2 era, I fried my console trying to solder a mod chip in it and Josh Barnett, who was a trained electrician, tried to give me advice on how to fix it.

He is a prince of a man.
He has employable skills, to boot!

edit: Muhammad Ali: Made in Miami is on WLRN/PBS.

MMA |OT5| 1000 Fights

6568%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20pointing%20raised_eyebrow%20smiling%20the_rock%20wwf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom