• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw an dirty, old, hunched over homeless wearing a RYU (Respect Your Universe) t-shirt.

That's when you know your clothing line is in the shitter.

190px-Bolo_yeung_-_chong_li.jpg

Heel

If Anderson manages to obtain the services of Bolo Yeung I'm jumping off the Chris Weidman train like it's on fire.

Heel

WSOF 4

$79k live gate
$225k payout

So they're basically Affliction with a slower burn rate. I wonder how long their backer will hold on.

Vitor Belfort: "You know, a lot of guys are on TRT right now. But, when I fight in Brazil, it's the only place that draw blood work after the fight. That's the only place that does that. So now, I'm fighting a guy who is on TRT, too. So, he's going to be very surprised that they will have to draw blood. In other places, you don't need to, but there you have to. So, it's good to have two guys (on TRT) to have to fight there."

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
To be honest, I'm actually looking forward to Vitor vs. Hendo. It should be decent entertainment. That and Vitor could finally be the one to KO Hendo.

But it's definitely lose-lose and very little to gain for both fighters. In all probability, Hendo will lose and end up having to fight Shogun again.

Yeah it should be good. I love Henderson but in a way I'm hoping Belfort wins just because it will mean something if he does. If Hendo wins then its back of the line for Belfort and nothing really comes about for Dan (I assume).

industrian

At least we need to applaud Vitor for not being a moist as dude and taking risks with this matchmaking. He could easily be sitting out the rest of the year and waiting for the Weidman/Silva fallout, but instead he's keeping himself busy in a high-risk, low-reward matchup.

Vitor Belfort: "You know, a lot of guys are on TRT right now. But, when I fight in Brazil, it's the only place that draw blood work after the fight. That's the only place that does that. So now, I'm fighting a guy who is on TRT, too. So, he's going to be very surprised that they will have to draw blood. In other places, you don't need to, but there you have to. So, it's good to have two guys (on TRT) to have to fight there."
lol New Old New Victor.

NV draws blood for TRT exemption holders. Unfortunately for New Old New Victor I don't think he'll ever see their process first-hand.

Yeah it should be good. I love Henderson but in a way I'm hoping Belfort wins just because it will mean something if he does. If Hendo wins then its back of the line for Belfort and nothing really comes about for Dan (I assume).

I feel like neither of these guys are real prospects at this point regardless. Having a champ that can (at this point) only fight in his own country isn't great imo. Well unless you're living in Brazil and want to see more fights in person. I'd rather Hendo put Vitor to sleep so we won't have the claims of Dana denying Vitor a title shot or Weidman ducking that would inevitably arrive if Dana and Co should choose not to give a shot to Vitor right away due to his inability to fight in Vegas.

industrian

I feel like neither of these guys are real prospects at this point regardless. Having a champ that can (at this point) only fight in his own country isn't great imo. Well unless you're living in Brazil and want to see more fights in person. I'd rather Hendo put Vitor to sleep so we won't have the claims of Dana denying Vitor a title shot or Weidman ducking that would inevitably arrive if Dana and Co should choose not to give a shot to Vitor right away due to his inability to fight in Vegas.

As much as it's worth, Vitor can fight in Canada. *shrug*

I see this happening:

Anderson wins decisively and Vitor beats Hendo: Anderson vs. Vitor 2 in Brazil. Potentially in a soccer stadium.
Anderson wins but sets up a Weidman Trilogy: Vitor fights Chael as the co-main in Brazil.
Hendo wins: He drops to 185 and fights the winner of Bisping/Munoz for No. 1 Contender.

As much as it's worth, Vitor can fight in Canada. *shrug*

I see this happening:

Anderson wins decisively and Vitor beats Hendo: Anderson vs. Vitor 2 in Brazil. Potentially in a soccer stadium.
Anderson wins but sets up a Weidman Trilogy: Vitor fights Chael as the co-main in Brazil.
Hendo wins: He drops to 185 and fights the winner of Bisping/Munoz for No. 1 Contender.

Have any athletic commissions in Canada given him the ok or said they're willing to discuss giving him the ok? I know that Nevada is the only commission so far that has flat out denied his ability to get approved but typically most commissions in NA pretty much follow suit with whatever NSAC does. That's my concern. I mean, so far as we know, he could eventually get approved in any other place but he hasn't tried and no other commissions have said they'd be willing to give him approval if he met certain requirements.

If he could and does get approved for Canada, then my reservations would be gone. Between Canada and Brazil there's more than enough venues I think. Though I still doubt Dana wants a champ that can't fight in Vegas at all.

If the fights were to happen like that, I can't say I'd be upset. Works well enough for me.

industrian

Have any athletic commissions in Canada given him the ok or said they're willing to discuss giving him the ok? I know that Nevada is the only commission so far that has flat out denied his ability to get approved but typically most commissions in NA pretty much follow suit with whatever NSAC does. That's my concern. I mean, so far as we know, he could eventually get approved in any other place but he hasn't tried and no other commissions have said they'd be willing to give him approval if he met certain requirements.

If he could and does get approved for Canada, then my reservations would be gone. Between Canada and Brazil there's more than enough venues I think. Though I still doubt Dana wants a champ that can't fight in Vegas at all.

If the fights were to happen like that, I can't say I'd be upset. Works well enough for me.

He fought Jones in Canada. I don't know if he was on horse meat during that fight or not, but I don't think any Canadian Athletic Commissions have made any comments on TRT usage so far.

That and if they'll let GSP fight Nick Diaz at welterweight when he weighs 230lbs I'm sure they'll let Vitor fight juiced to the gills. ;)

So far Nevada have said they'll block TRT exemptions from past steroid users, and IIRC California said they won't allow any TRT exemptions. No idea about the rest of the USA. Weidman vs. Belfort in Wisconsin, here we go!!111!

Heel

Report: Jason Miller’s First Court Appearance for Domestic Violence Charges Marked by Bizarre Behavior, Disturbing Allegations

- “As Miller was brought into the defendant’s cage, he looked wildly around the nearly vacant room with eyes full of confusion. His defense attorney approached him, and Mayhem stressed to her ‘I need to get out tonight, it’s imperative.’ Immediately following the interaction, his hands were photographed to show where his girlfriend allegedly bit him and took off large pieces of his skin.”

- “Mayhem Miller’s alleged victim, known to the court as Ana Pricilla (but known to Mayhem as Anna Stable), says that during the second assault case she was urinated on and choked until she fell on the floor, where she was punched and kicked viciously. In defense, Mayhem’s attorney stated that the victim was asked to leave the house, and Jason’s father witnessed her attacking Jason.”

- “At this point in the hearing, Judge Manssourian scolded Mayhem because he was making faces and nodding his head in every direction. The fighter apologized, explaining he is ‘an expressive person’ and that he’s ‘an artist’. The judge dismissed his statements, and advised him he is best served to be silent and allow his attorney to speak on his behalf.”

- “The hearing continued and the People then suggested that the judge take into account the bruises and lacerations that the victim allegedly had. Mayhem’s defense replied that ‘the victim trains (in) MMA’ as well, and would probably have those anyway. She did not go to the hospital or report these injuries the night of the conflict, instead opting to sleep at Jason’s house and report the event weeks later. It is also pointed out that not only does Jason have a restraining order against this woman, so do a few of her past boyfriends.”

- “The People cite evidence against Miller, including many [social] media posts made by him in the past. Apparently, Miller sent the victim Snapchats of her and her mother walking while he dubbed the words ‘Satan Satan Satan’ in the backround. Three different Twitter posts made by Jason were acknowledged as threatening to the victim, the first being ‘IF YOU ARE READING THIS WITH FEAR IN YOUR HEART, MAYBE’LL KILL YOU’ His twitter name is cited as ‘Maybe,’ and the defense stated that this could be directed at anybody, including Dana White (whom the court referred to as the ‘President of the WWF’). His second and third posts were ‘SOME PEOPLE PREFER PRISONERS OVER PARTNERS. IF THEY CAN’T HAVE YOU, NO ONE CAN. CAN’T KILL MAYBE’ and one simply stating ‘DIE DIE DIE’.”

- “To end the proceedings, the District Attorney and Judge Manssourian stated that Miller’s tweets deem him a threat to society, to which Mayhem loudly replied ‘Judge, I am an artist!’ He was quickly silenced by his defense attorney. The court placed a protective order on Ana Pricilla, and banned Jason Miller from owning firearms.”

Miller’s bail was re-set at $100,000 after the charges from his two August arrests were combined into one case. His pre-trial is scheduled for this Friday, August 30th, and his preliminary hearing is slated for September 9th.

iquTp6kNrEwZW.gif

Lmao Dana's soul probably burned real slow after that one.

Part of Jason's punishment should be that if he continues fighting he has to use the nickname Jason "Maybe" Miller.

He fought Jones in Canada. I don't know if he was on horse meat during that fight or not, but I don't think any Canadian Athletic Commissions have made any comments on TRT usage so far.

That and if they'll let GSP fight Nick Diaz at welterweight when he weighs 230lbs I'm sure they'll let Vitor fight juiced to the gills. ;)

So far Nevada have said they'll block TRT exemptions from past steroid users, and IIRC California said they won't allow any TRT exemptions. No idea about the rest of the USA. Weidman vs. Belfort in Wisconsin, here we go!!111!

Wait a tick - I just thought of something. Isn't Toronto a place where UFC does their own testing and disclose results voluntarily? Granted, they have poppped people in the past because of it (Riddle) but they don't necessarily need to, right?

Wait a tick - I just thought of something. Isn't Toronto a place where UFC does their own testing and disclose results voluntarily? Granted, they have poppped people in the past because of it (Riddle) but they don't necessarily need to, right?
No, the Ontario commission handles it over there.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Poor Sir Miller. Why am i getting so many calls from random numbers today? 3 numbers I dont recognize have blown me up since 9 am. I was gonna answer one of them... then i thought...What would Heel do?

VoxPop

What do you guys think of the +110 line I can get against Bendo Christ Superstar?

I think Bendo will come out strong but Pettis might get a finish this time around. Just worried about Bendo's grappling during this rematch.

Heel

I don't really think the fight is a good bet on either side. I'm thinking Bendo has progressed a lot further than Pettis has since the WEC days, but I wouldn't put money on it.

muddream

Banned
As far as we know, Pettis might still be worse than The Clay Guida. Benson is surprisingly bad in his own right, but the judges seem mesmerized by his messianic sponsor poster every time he fights.

VoxPop

I don't really think the fight is a good bet on either side. I'm thinking Bendo has progressed a lot further than Pettis has since the WEC days, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Yeah Bendo has grown a good amount over the past few years and the real x factor is Pettis' grappling on his back and his takedown defense. We haven't seen how much Pettis has improved his ground game since the Guida fight. At the same time, Bendo hasn't really utilized his grappling offensively since the Miller fight. I'd prob just put down a 100 on Pettis just to add a little extra thrill to the fight and yell at the TV every time Bendo tries clinching

Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock. You can say you hate Bendo's style (which I do) but you can't honestly say he's bad. 19-2 overall, 12-1 in UFC/Zuffa with wins over Edgar (twice!), Cerrone, Guida, Melendez, Jim Miller, and Diaz is pretty impressive.

Poor Sir Miller. Why am i getting so many calls from random numbers today? 3 numbers I dont recognize have blown me up since 9 am. I was gonna answer one of them... then i thought...What would Heel do?

That happened to me the other day and I was feeling froggy so I finally picked up on one to see who keeps calling me and it was some Indian guy who could barely speak English and I think he was trying to tell me 'my Microsoft has a virus.'

EDIT: Ha just noticed the picture at the top of the page. Who is that fella? Looks like an extra from Dark City.

Heel

Yeah Bendo has grown a good amount over the past few years and the real x factor is Pettis' grappling on his back and his takedown defense. We haven't seen how much Pettis has improved his ground game since the Guida fight. At the same time, Bendo hasn't really utilized his grappling offensively since the Miller fight. I'd prob just put down a 100 on Pettis just to add a little extra thrill to the fight and yell at the TV every time Bendo tries clinching

Yeah, nothing wrong with building in some higher stakes. I just like to think I see an edge in the odds when I make a pick. In this case, Vegas has it near a coin flip and I view it as a coin flip. There's not much data to support how this fight will really go down, or anything beyond your own personal gut feeling on how they've evolved as fighters since going down to the wire in the first fight. Plus you have to think it's likely to go to the judges, which is a crapshoot in itself.

I'm just going to watch and hope Showtime wins. He's the kind of fighter I'd like to see ruling over a division. Gut instinct is Bendo will eventually get this thing to the canvas and take a decision.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock. You can say you hate Bendo's style (which I do) but you can't honestly say he's bad. 19-2 overall, 12-1 in UFC/Zuffa with wins over Edgar, Cerrone, Guida, and Diaz is pretty impressive.

That happened to me the other day and I was feeling froggy so I finally picked up on one to see who keeps calling me and it was some Indian guy who could barely speak English and I think he was trying to tell me 'my Microsoft has a virus.'

You'd think they'd figure it out eventually. Although im sure one of those numbers is to me what the bear in your yard is to you.

MjFrancis

I don't see how one could describe Benson as surprisingly bad - for all the reasons Maklershed listed. Even if you suppose he should have lost some of those fights - you are still conceding that he's too skilled for those opponents to finish and can at the very least remains competitive in the MMA points-for-athleticism game.

If someone wants to end that win streak they have to finish the fight or dominate for the decision. Your move, Pettis.

VoxPop

I don't see how one could describe Benson as surprisingly bad - for all the reasons Maklershed listed. Even if you suppose he should have lost some of those fights - you are still conceding that he's too skilled for those opponents to finish and can at the very least remains competitive in the MMA points-for-athleticism game.

If someone wants to end that win streak they have to finish the fight or dominate for the decision. Your move, Pettis.

Still waiting for the first cartwheel kick KO in the Ultimate

muddream

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock. You can say you hate Bendo's style (which I do) but you can't honestly say he's bad. 19-2 overall, 12-1 in UFC/Zuffa with wins over Edgar (twice!), Cerrone, Guida, Melendez, Jim Miller, and Diaz is pretty impressive.

He's 1-2 as a champion in the Ultimate with his only big career win being over Frankie Edgar, who's like 2-6 in title fights or something. He recently lost to Gilbert Melendez, who is 1-2 in Josh Tomson fights. Smoke & Mirrors..

Meanwhile he's talking about breaking Canderson's record in 2016.

Heel

Bendo has slowly become really "talented" in the GSP sense of the word. I'm sure you all know what that means, and I will leave it up to you on whether or not you perceive it as a compliment.

TheChits

What do you guys think of the +110 line I can get against Bendo Christ Superstar?

I think Bendo will come out strong but Pettis might get a finish this time around. Just worried about Bendo's grappling during this rematch.

I wouldn't bet on this fight honestly. Way too close to call

muddream

Banned
Bendo has slowly become really "talented" in the GSP sense of the word. I'm sure you all know what that means, and I will leave it up to you on whether or not you perceive it as a compliment.

A post safer than Bendo's media personality & fighting style combined.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, Bendo/Pettis isn't a great fight to throw money down. That being said, I really think Benson's "growth" in the UFC is quite overstated. Dude has arguably lost 3 of his last 4 fights. If people cared more about the lightweight division, his 2nd "win" over Edgar would be ranked up there with Machida/Shogun I as far as bullshit goes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As far as we know, Pettis might still be worse than The Clay Guida. Benson is surprisingly bad in his own right, but the judges seem mesmerized by his messianic sponsor poster every time he fights.
Don't forget the hair and toothpick.
iFlScMTXuWCv1.gif

Frankie got robbed(twice!)

Frankie hasn't been robbed in years. And I find it funny to compare Bendo to GSP when Frankie's whole career has been point fighting.

The fight is a close one. I don't think I've seen anyone close to finishing Bendo outside of subs and he fights his way out of some of the tightest subs I've seen. Pettis doesn't have the athletic edge in this fight as opposed to his last few fights. It really is a toss up in every sense.

muddream

Banned
Lest I sound too negative about Bendo, I genuinely believe he's just not very good (his boxing mosts consists on flicking arm punches & sticking his chin in the air during combo rushes), which makes his round winning tactics a lot less shameful than GSP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom