• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Is DC supposed to be intimidated by Jones or something? This dude throws around heavyweights, who gives a shit about a skinny guy with reach.

charsace

I haven't looked at the numbers but doesn't Cormier have a lower KO/TKO percentage than pretty much every other top HW out there since he's been competing in the better orgs?

His size and strength will give Jones problems I think but he's not exactly JDS with the hands. It'll be interesting I think.

DC hands are faster than JDS.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
HAHAHAHAHAH!

Repeat that shit when Jones keeps Dannyboy at bay with ease. Pop that jab and front kicks all day.

uNZOhsC.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I like Cormier in the clinch against Jones. That's one of the reasons I think he can win the strap. An elite wrestler who rag dolls guys naturally and unnaturally bigger, with good hands. He also has a serious camp and fight IQ.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I kind of want to rent Thief if only to waste some time until Titanfall and Infamous drop next month. Game is sounding pretty horrendous though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The UFCs blind eye to drug testing and steroid use would make MLB and WWE blush.

UFC on blast.
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...osterone-mma-outpace-other-sports-lines-finds

"It was one of the doctors from UFC," he said, speaking of his low testosterone diagnosis. "He asked me to do a bunch of tests. ... He said, 'Man, you don't have the energy.'

"I said, 'Yeah.'

"He said, 'Yeah, 'cause you are having an issue.' So then we started doing some treatment."

holy shit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
its just bizarre that TRT seems to be actively pushed on fighters by the UFC. this will definitely get ugly in the future.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I am on the verge off sawing my nose off. It does nothing anymore. Its just a face decoration at this point. Coupled with insomnia and bad weather I am the most miserable human alive.

MjFrancis

Holy shit, I'm just randomly watching Comic Book Men and Nate Quarry walks in to sell a comic he wrote.
The only reason I knew Nate Quarry wrote a comic book was because he was handing them out at a Comic Con and gave one to my friend who passed a signed copy on the me. He was nice enough to remember that I liked MMA, so the thought was appreciated.

The only reason I knew Nate Quarry wrote a comic book was because he was handing them out at a Comic Con and gave one to my friend who passed a signed copy on the me. He was nice enough to remember that I liked MMA, so the thought was appreciated.
Was it any good? I feel like buying one just to support him since he always seemed like a good guy on the UFC.

MjFrancis

Anderson Silva is holding up better than anyone could have hoped.

This guy is going to end his career like every other fighter who kept competing past their prime though. I hope he doesn't pull a Fedor and lose a third fight and then go to the minor leagues for a few gifted wins on his way into retirement.

Anderson Silva is holding up better than anyone could have hoped.

This guy is going to end his career like every other fighter who kept competing past their prime though. I hope he doesn't pull a Fedor and lose a third fight and then go to the minor leagues for a few gifted wins on his way into retirement.
I back. I back. I respect America.

MjFrancis

Ideally he just skips to the squash matches (which may be a lot harder on him than they used to be) and doesn't go for the title. He gets to clown and pretend he's Bruce Lee or Muhammad Ali and sell PPV tickets.

Or, he brings the budo and tries to get that belt back anyways. The budo is lost among most of these fighters today. Pettis has it, when he isn't broken that is. New old Vitor has it in spades. This could be something of a challenge for us in this thread: what fighters are left that are willing to take any fight at any time?

Top Bottom