• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

God dammit RIP MMA.

ESPN dealt the death blow.

Everything will continue as normal behind closed doors.

"[I'm] pumped!" White wrote via text message. "Couldn't wait for that garbage to go away."

is7BHUPgdgkLl.gif

iddqd

My god.. what will all my MMA podcasts now talk about?
And holy hell.. lets all hope Vitor does not win.. his smug jesus faces would go to level infinite if his wins without the legal version of the juice.

So TRT is banned in Vegas but after Vitor loses to Weidman, they can still hide him in Brazil where he can get huge on Jesus juice, right?

I should probably just read the news myself. :b

iddqd

So TRT is banned in Vegas but after Vitor loses to Weidman, they can still hide him in Brazil where he can get huge on Jesus juice, right?

I should probably just read the news myself. :b

They are giving Heno the juice for his fight against Shogun.
They have not made any decision so far in terms of banning or not banning it but would probably follow if the UFC really pushes on it (and I guess they wont).

Brazil will be for TRT what Switzerland is for Money laundering.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The TRT ban is actually bad for the Ultimate. They have proven inept as of late in their capability of building stars. The guys on TRT prolonged their careers and maintained their stardom in the UFC. When they become cans because of no more TRT and other aging stars become cans because they can't use TRT to fend off father time, it'll weaken UFC events overall even more than they already are.

Heel

like banning TRT is going to clean up the sport.

Who are they crappin?

Zuffa and co. will claim this is a landmark victory as the real problem is driven underground. How about better enforcement of the rules instead of making new rules that are easily broken?

The only people impacted are fighters who were dumb enough to apply. They'll be scrutinized for the rest of their careers while everyone else with half a brain is laughing with a needle in their ass.

Heel

TRT is/was a facade for past steroid users to use out in the open. these guys will just go back to using in the underground.

The good ol' days are back, brah. Best cycle wins :)

I kinda feel sorry for the guys who applied for TRT. They ruined their bodies to entertain the masses. Here's hoping their levels magically go back to normal without a doctor's note.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It will be interesting to see the reaction of Vitor, Sonnen and Hendo.

This will effectively kill Bigfoot's UFC career won't it? He's pretty much the only dude who legitimately needs TRT.

From what I've read, the Brazilian Athletic Commission will approve Hendo's TRT TUE. Maybe they will hold out and not ban it.

Heel

Major UFC announcement at 10:15 best coast on FOX Sports 1.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Old New Dinosaur Victor Gracie pissed hot on that random drug test. Enter the Dragon?

Heel

The prospect that Jungle Lion is dumb enough to fly into enemy territory on the gear would be pretty amazing. Helwani was saying his results were due as soon as today, too. It all seems to fit. Dana would wig out something serious. But yeah, just a guess really.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Major UFC announcement at 10:15 best coast on FOX Sports 1.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Old New Dinosaur Victor Gracie pissed hot on that random drug test. Enter the Dragon?

1) What you said. Either because of pissing hot or because of new TRT regulations.
2) Glover/Jones injured, DC steps in.
3) Resident Evil 5 is coming to Xbox 360.
4) Some shit about the Macau card this week that no-one gives a fuck about.
5) UFC Fight Pass either expanded, cancelled, modified, or something whatever no-one cares.

Heel

I'll go as far as to say if Victor did piss hot, he will be fired live on FOX Sports 1. Way too much heat on this subject right now. UFC doesn't want to be seen as harboring PED users.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I'll go as far as to say if Victor did piss hot, he will be fired live on FOX Sports 1. Way too much heat on this subject right now. UFC doesn't want to be seen as harboring PED users.
I can't see them going that far. For all Dana's protests, this is a company that was generally happy to sit back and let the ACs do their thing. Excluding Barnett, the only fighters I can think of that got popped before/after a title fight are Sherk, Sonnen and Overeem and they weren't exactly put in the dog house. Vitor would get 6 to 9 months (due to the overwhelming medical evidence and the fact that his treatment pre-dates the ban) and would have to pick up maybe 2 wins to get his next shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Vitor the boot. They'll want to make an example out of him. It's a very bad time to be the poster boy of TRT abuse in the UFC.

Top Bottom