• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Black Sails, notbad.jpg
Agreed friend. Kind of shocked more people aren't talking about it. I'm not saying it'll steal hearts and minds, but I find it enjoyable enough.
Does it get better? I'm up to ep 5 or so, and while it's nice to look at I find it incredibly dull. Which is no mean feat considering pirates, violence and nudity.
If ep 5 doesn't entertain then the show probably isn't for you.

Interesting article about east European fighters.
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/why-mmas-so-called-russian-invasion-may-not-be-as-russian-as-you-think/

Mike Winkeljohn explained recently, he wasn’t sure what to make of it the first time he cornered Chechen fighter Amagov for a UFC bout. In the locker room before the fight, Amagov was so relaxed he looked nearly catatonic, Winkeljohn told MMAjunkie.

“I asked if he was always like this before a fight, if this was normal for him,” Winkeljohn said. “He said [via a translator], ‘I lived in a tent for seven years with Russians shooting at us from helicopters. In the cage, it’s just a man.’ That was kind of like, wow, there’s some perspective.”

“Here, for example, fighters are smarter (about their careers) in some ways,” Keshtov said. “They’re savvy. They look at the situation and say, ‘Should I fight this guy? Does it make sense for me? He’s 10-0 and I’m 1-0, so no way I’m going to fight him.’ Especially you see this on the regional level. But over there, they fight anybody. You have two camps trying to negotiate a fight, and if one doesn’t take it, that’s an embarrassment. Everyone will look down on him, like it’s shameful. You disgraced our clan, our family, because you didn’t fight him.”

FACE

Banned
I'm watching True Detective while playing "spot all of the The Wire actors." Good to see Brother Mouzone on something good again.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
True Detective= 55 mins of LOOK AT THESE DUDES ACT. 3 mins of plot.

1390026738931.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
the wire is interesting because its the show about urban decay or the downfall of the american dream.

the main character is the city of Baltimore.

jerry talking turkey like i didn't watch the show.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why why ..why the hell did i ever buy my father a lap top? Old people and fucking technology.

Yup, learned this the hard way when I bought my mom an iPad.

In other news, I've been unable to connect to Titanfall all day. And this game is the main reason I bought an Xbone in 2014 rather than just waiting until Quantum Break hits next year.
ibk4MNXpve7z8G.png

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I think it should be a positive and upbeat title to let people know that the era of athletic 50-45s is over. Something like UFC 171: Welterweight Championship - Lawler vs Hendricks |OT|

- Real knockouts, none of this holding
- Canadians need not watch
- Dawn of a golden (c)age
- Whoever wins, so do we

I think it should be a positive and upbeat title to let people know that the era of athletic 50-45s is over. Something like UFC 171: Welterweight Championship - Lawler vs Hendricks |OT|

- Real knockouts, none of this holding
- Canadians need not watch
- Dawn of a golden (c)age
- Whoever wins, so do we

Welters who actually fight for the Belt
Welterweight now Sleeping Pill Free
Judging not Necessary
Kicking the Ambien Habit

Top Bottom