• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

I was such a big Jon jones fan until he became champ. Any body feel the same or maybe the same in another weight class?

Both Jones and GSP.
I was a Jones fan but his personality really started to turn me off.
I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy.

Whoops
NcStWzo.jpg

GSP for obvious reasons.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fuck fight pass. i cant get anything to even load on that shit website.

Next

I was such a big Jon jones fan until he became champ. Any body feel the same or maybe the same in another weight class?

Bones always comes to fight. That's the only thing I ask. Only guys I really dislike are Machida and Sonnen.

Dysun

lol jones is crying on twitter about Gus vs DC and how they dont want to fight each other, if it quacks like a duck

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that was the biggest puss melvin we've ever seen. what happened?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pimp pls. jonnybones bitch is showing. He want no part of that white boy

1-1-1.gif

comin for the beltch jon. Better drive a whole fleet of vehicles into objects cause you gonna get wrecked son

I believe in you John. Please silence the haters, or my spirit will be crushed.

I'm willing to accept that this never happened, if you win.
jonesgus_original.jpg

VASPER

Banned
Stop hatin bruv. Bones is p4p the best. Embraced the truth. PEACE.

This may be but i don't have to like him, just like Andy i don't like him but now i can get excited for a title match now that he isn't killing everyone. I think Jon's head will get too big and get knocked off sooner or later.

Jones is so fucking predictable at this point... I swear I was talking to my brother yesterday and I predicted this. I told him "Watch, Jon will turn down the Gustafsson fight again and say that he wants Gus to fight Cormier first."

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What can he do? Move down?

Because if he moves up, he will get deaded.

Yeah, I'm thinking Gus put an end to Jon's desire of moving up to Heavyweight. Dude ain't trying to take those kinds of shots every time he steps inside the cage. Better keep on kicking the knees out of fat middleweights and fooling people into believing you're a p4p great.

I'm sorry I missed the NC this weekend. I hope none of you young dudes went crazy and made big life mistakes without my mentoring, and/or didn't miss the words of wisdom from the SBD too much.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
No spoilers now! I'll watch it tonight! Guess I'll stay out of community threads on GAF until.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Georges St-Pierre said:
An example of how Hendricks prepared well against him: "When a fight starts I'm very good at reactive takedowns, so I wait for him and his big left had. When he punched me with the big left, I ducked under and I put him down. When he came back from the corner, they were prepared for that. (His) coach said, 'no more big left hands, go for the punch to the body so he can't duck under.'That is the adjustment they did. And they didn't do that the night of the fight -- that is what people don't understand -- they prepare for that. They knew it could happen and they adjusted during the fight. That gave me Hell. I was not prepared for someone that changes. Most guys I fight, they don't change ... they fight always the same way. They might try a few things left and right but they don't transform them. I believe one of the big turning points for Johny, he did well adjusting things."

Shit like this is why I turned #TeamNegative on MMA. For a sport trying to sell itself as the best fighters in the world competing with one another, Hendricks and his team are the first people who thought, "Hey, why not punch this dude in the gut to stop the takedown?!" Brilliant! And the person that I've always considered the best in the sport, was completely flustered by such a simple strategy.

idXDeUO4L3Ia9.png

Shit like this is why I turned #TeamNegative on MMA. For a sport trying to sell itself as the best fighters in the world competing with one another, Hendricks and his team are the first people who thought, "Hey, why not punch this dude in the gut to stop the takedown?!" Brilliant! And the person that I've always considered the best in the sport, was completely flustered by such a simple strategy.

idXDeUO4L3Ia9.png

GSP won homie..what are you talking about?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
yoDkob9.png

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

idXDeUO4L3Ia9.png

When your only strat going into a fight is to take someone down shit like that happens.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
When your only strat going into a fight is to take someone down shit like that happens.

It's not just GSP. Anderson Silva, greatest MMA fighter of all time according to some, was put on his ass because someone was smart enough NOT to throw the basic 1-2 combo that composes 95% of all striking exchanges. Two jabs put all that Matrix dodging bullshit to bed.

MjFrancis

It's not just GSP. Anderson Silva, greatest MMA fighter of all time according to some, was put on his ass because someone was smart enough NOT to throw the basic 1-2 combo that composes 95% of all striking exchanges. Two jabs put all that Matrix dodging bullshit to bed.
This still blows my mind more than GSP's recent revelation. I hope that in a decade guys like Anderson Silva, GSP and Jon Jones represent the bottom-of-the-barrel in terms of MMA skillsets. The sport is still young, and it's arguable that everyone's favorites in the mid-2000's would have a much harder time with today's roster.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Cant blame the champ for doing what works for him. I've been saying for years now that majority of mma striking is rudimentary at best

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Cant blame the champ for doing what works for him. I've been saying for years now that majority of mma striking is rudimentary at best
I don't get why is it when these guys supposedly train with champion boxers, kickboxers, etc, you name it, they don't get told their shit sucks.

Top Bottom