• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

iItdgfFh4h5HO.jpg

Dat nose. Got more twists than an M. Night Shymalan movie.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Prior to the KO loss, that was the Shogun that beat Machida twice. He looked damn good out there.

But yeah, the H-Bomb found its home this time.
I'm not sure if he looked that good but I consider their first fight a draw and Shogun looked better in this one than he did then and Dan worse. That said Dan did have Shogun in trouble in the first so there was still a bit of back and forth despite mostly being in Shogun's favour. Great result for Hendo but can't help but feel bad for Shogun. Like the Gustafsson fight, people will just look at the outcome and say he's done instead of looking at the entirety of his performance.

:(

Awesome how Dan Henderson started the TRT craze and goes out with it, and barely a whisper. Meanwhile Vitor is demonized

One was caught on roids before and now looks like the incredible hulk.

Hendo wasn't in some crusade about his need for them like belfort, wasn't even on it for Evans fight.

Hendo said that a flat out ban for TRT even for those who legitimately need it like him is tantamount to banning insulin for diabetics.

"Are they going to ban insulin for diabetics and other prescribed medications that get people into normal ranges?"

I don't really think he's saying it's equivalent just that a flat out ban is extreme

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Awesome how Dan Henderson started the TRT craze and goes out with it, and barely a whisper. Meanwhile Vitor is demonized

The only reason why you'd know Hendo was on TRT because he has a doctor's note for it.

It's not like Chael or Nate that got busted with jacked T:E levels or Belfort who looks & fights like a different person.

Hendo has another 5 fights left on his contract. Im surprised that he didn't gas after the 1st round like he did vs Evans. Shogun looked good too. Surprised that he didn't gas and utilized leg kicks.

Would like to see Shogun drop to 185.

Feed him to Bisping

LULZ. Shogun kills guys with no power. Bisping is like the safest fight and lowest risk for Shogun

Been talking to Angelina from the Jersey Shore on Tinder. At first I didn't realize it than saw we had a mutual FB friend so I checked her profile. Its legit. That being said I would not smash it. I don't find her attractive at all.

Dysun

The only reason why you'd know Hendo was on TRT because he has a doctor's note for it.

It's not like Chael or Nate that got busted with jacked T:E levels or Belfort who looks & fights like a different person.

The only thing that's telling me is he knows how to keep his levels in check when its fight time

Vitor wasn't on TRT for the Jones fight. He could have just cut down BF from the bulk he gained which is why he might be looking jacked these days. TRT might also play a part but he was looking jacked during the Jones fight too.

Thats what happens when you follow this sport for too long and see legends like Shogun go down like this against a guy that injected TRT in every vein he has.

...*sigh*

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Dan was cruising down Liberace lane for almost two rounds and he's saying he wasn't hurt seriosly. Cmon playboy. Those words are as crooked as Shogun's nose.

I just hope Rumble Johnson smashes Davis. Only guy Im genuinely excited to see.

Please. I fucking hate Davis. I think he should dispose of him easily. Davis might be the better wrestler but Johnson has stood in there with the likes of Vitor and put an ass whoopin on Arlovski .

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
UFC ‏@ufc 6m

BREAKING NEWS: #UFC173 title fight postponed between Weidman and Machida. Story: http://at.ufc.com/rzBz

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today that middleweight champion Chris Weidman has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled title defense against Lyoto Machida on May 24. Weidman suffered a knee injury that will require minor surgery and his bout with Machida has been rescheduled for Saturday, July 5. A new main event for UFC 173 on May 24 will be announced in the days to come.

lololo

UFC 151 as I prophesized.

You seem to be misunderstanding what T:E levels are.

It's a ratio. It doesn't reliably indicate a person's absolute T level, it just indicates that there is T in the person's system that their body did not produce. If you were to test Hendo just for a T:E level he'd probably be somewhere around what Chael and Alistair were at when they got popped. If the natural Testosterone level of the person is very low and they take Testosterone to get up to a normal level that means that there will be much more T than E in the person's system because the E is only naturally produced.

tl;dr - a person with a normal absolute T level in their system who uses exogenous T to attain said normal level will always have a "jacked" T/E ratio. It's a ratio and not an absolute number.

UFC ‏@ufc 6m

BREAKING NEWS: #UFC173 title fight postponed between Weidman and Machida. Story: http://at.ufc.com/rzBz

Dat $55 of remaining fights ..

Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic
T.J. Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
James Krause vs. Jamie Varner

Toss Belfort vs Franklin 2 on there. Gives names to the card that people know and keeps Belfort active while padding his win column and getting his system right.

Heel

Dat $55 of remaining fights ..

Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic
T.J. Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
James Krause vs. Jamie Varner

Toss Belfort vs Franklin 2 on there. Gives names to the card that people wanna see and keeps Belfort active while padding his win column and getting his system right.

Nick Diaz + multiple phone calls + THC cleanse + Matt "The Immortal" Brown = new main event

My MMA Math is indisputable.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
You seem to be misunderstanding what T:E levels are.

It's a ratio. It doesn't reliably indicate a person's absolute T level, it just indicates that there is T in the person's system that their body did not produce. If you were to test Hendo just for a T:E level he'd probably be somewhere around what Chael and Alistair were at when they got popped. If the natural Testosterone level of the person is very low and they take Testosterone to get up to a normal level that means that there will be much more T than E in the person's system because the E is only naturally produced.

tl;dr - a person with a normal absolute T level in their system who uses exogenous T to attain said normal level will always have a "jacked" T/E ratio. It's a ratio and not an absolute number.
This is true, but they still test(ed) for T:E levels come fight time, even though they're not a totally accurate indicator of actual test levels. Bigfoot, Chael, Marquardt and others all got popped for having a ratio in excess of 6:1 close to/during their fights, whereas Hendo never went over. I never was able to find out whether or not they actually did proper ng/dl testing for fighters on TRT during their camps (like Kizer had Alistair do) or just T:E tests.

This is true, but they still test(ed) for T:E levels come fight time, even though they're not a totally accurate indicator of actual test levels. Bigfoot, Chael, Marquardt and others all got popped for having a ratio in excess of 6:1 close to/during their fights, whereas Hendo never went over. I never was able to find out whether or not they actually did proper ng/dl testing for fighters on TRT during their camps (like Kizer had Alistair do) or just T:E tests.
Nate didn't get cut for having his T:E ratio out of whack because it was already guaranteed to be due to his TRT. He got cut because his overall T level was high which you can only determine with blood tests. But again, someone who is on TRT will always have such a ratio. Hendo most likely had a similar ratio on this card. Yet his overall T level was within normal levels since the guys who had exemptions had their blood tested for overall T levels because in such a case the T:E ratio becomes completely meaningless.

Also, there was a UFC 173: Weidman vs Machida commercial during RAW, LOL

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Nate didn't get cut for having his T:E ratio out of whack because it was already guaranteed to be due to his TRT. He got cut because his overall T level was high which you can only determine with blood tests. But again, someone who is on TRT will always have such a ratio. Hendo most likely had a similar ratio on this card. Yet his overall T level was within normal levels since the guys who had exemptions had their blood tested for overall T levels because in such a case the T:E ratio becomes completely meaningless.
Yeah, as I said above I know that the T:E ratio is pretty much pointless for TRT, since all it does is indicate the likelihood of synthetic testosterone being present, but I was under the impression that the ACs still used it in the pre/post-fight piss tests for TRT users, basically to prevent them from taking any testosterone in the immediate lead up into the fight. Perhaps this was a misconception caused by the thoroughly professional MMA media constantly reporting any failed test as due to an elevated ratio.

But yeah, the reasons Hendo gets a bit of a free pass on the issue are that he's never failed a test, either before or after TRT, he hasn't had any drastic shift in performance or physique and probably most importantly, he's really old.

Yeah lots of these MMA media guys get their terminology all mixed up when talking about all this drug testing stuff. It's all pretty confusing to the uninitiated so I don't blame them too much.

Top Bottom