• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

To be quite honest I wish they'd get rid of the 5 round fights altogether. For every one classic match where guys are scrapping for 25 minutes like there's no tomorrow, there are 10 fights where one or both of the fighters are extremely gassed by round 4 and the fight ends up a dud. I'd honestly do two 10 minute rounds with a third 5 minute round only if necessary.

This would make Wrestlers even more dominant than they already are. I'd go the opposite direction and to 10 rounds, 2 and a half minutes each round. The goal being that shorter rounds makes grinding an opponents stamina away with wall n stall and lay n pray tactics harder to do while also offering more rest periods between rounds for guys to recover. It would hopefully facilitate more bursts of action throughout the fight.

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby,
there ain't no easy way out
Hey I
will stand my ground
And I won't back down

He couldn't have picked a better walk-out song now could he?

This would make Wrestlers even more dominant than they already are. I'd go the opposite direction and to 10 rounds, 2 and a half minutes each round. The goal being that shorter rounds makes grinding an opponents stamina away with wall n stall and lay n pray tactics harder to do while also offering more rest periods between rounds for guys to recover. It would hopefully facilitate more bursts of action throughout the fight.

What about submissions?

What about submissions?

They'd still be possible but they'd admittedly be harder to set up through the waiting game. Again, this would hopefully result in more attempts, which would mean more action and less stalemate situations. Ground and pound would be similar. Less waiting and more action.

aG97PZf.jpg

BELIEVE!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I can't believe there's people who think last night's title fight was anything besides 49-46.

At least BJ-Frankie will keep me entertained at work.

Razdek

Banned
I can't believe there's people who think last night's title fight was anything besides 49-46.

At least BJ-Frankie will keep me entertained at work.

Machida fans are the most delusional of fans and say if he was more aggressive in the first three rounds he would have won the fight forgetting that he constantly runs away being "elusive". Hard to be the aggressor with your back towards the cage and constant back peddling.

nick nacc

Banned
damn that was blackexplosive.

oh yeah, frankie got this in the bag. MARK MY WORDS. BJ gonna talk about showing his mug to daughters tonight.

HOLY SHIT ANTHONY BOURDAIN

lol Van Buren has the nerve to be upset about that stoppage? He looked like he had never been in an octagon before. Reginald Denny put up more of a fight than you, Matt.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wow what a one-sided can crushing. I can't recall a fight that one-sided in so long. Van Buren had no business being in the Octagon.

Top Bottom