• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

dream

You guys should do an ironman challenge and see who can watch the most hours of human cockfighting this weekend. I'm rooting for chits.

Dipz

Banned
This Muay Thai fight is damn good so far.

And dream I had no idea you were cis scum. Tumblr taught me that cis people are the worst and if I ever saw one I would not be nice to them.

Wow, just found out Sonnen was let go from UFC Tonight. What an asshole.

I love how dipz has been so reluctantly loyal to the ultimate over the past 2 years, only to get fucked every time by this profoundly unethical company that doesn't deserve his dipzposible income.

Unfortunately I loled.

Damn it's crazy to see how pervasive the view of ghe oversaturation of The Ultimate is, even among ghe casuals. I was reading yhe comments on TSN and ai thought i was kn GaF......

Dysun

I'm too old for this shit. What is a cis male?

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

Damn it's crazy to see how pervasive the view of ghe oversaturation of The Ultimate is, even among ghe casuals. I was reading yhe comments on TSN and ai thought i was kn GaF......

Far less people are coming to the place I work to watch UFC these days, part of it is the Summer, the other is people really don't care about the lighter weight classes

Anyone have Fight Pass? I will probably try it next month once TUF Mexico starts.

Hilarious that Werdum speaks better Spanish than the Mexican Cain. In fact, Werdum also does occasional commentary for UFC Espanol.

Pretty good for a chicano. Mine is barely better than Cain's if I'm being honest.

I can't speak it for shit but I have been around it enough due to my mother's family that I understand it. Cain's use is some of the worst I have heard. Which is weird because I swear he said his mother spoke nothing but Spanish when he was a kid.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does that TrumanBurbank character come into every UFC event thread solely to bitch about mma-gaf, or is it just me?

Lambada you're a natural born GAF superstar.

Oh and I thought you were already really loud in some race thread.

i wasn't.

but i like you Dipz. you're both fun and playful, which is what our small community needs. i hope you stick around :)

<3 ur Aoki avatar.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Things I learned this PPV:

1) Metro PCS sponsored a judges decision
2) We got robbed of the first in-ring death
3) Uriah Hall fought with a bone sticking out of his foot. Wow. At least that was impressive. Not sure about his cartwheeling around.
4) Dat judo. Also, lol.
5) I was entertained by Machida, if only for 2 rounds.
6) I'm not sure if the machida marks are trolling the trollers, or are just getting trolled.

Edit: Also, apparently you're not a fight fan unless you look forward to Penn vs Edgar tomorrow. Well, can't fault you there Goldie. Guess I'm not then.

If Machida would quit being so Goddamn elusive all the time and committed to offense for a few seconds, like he did in the 4th and 5th round, he'd probably be the new MW champ. Oh well back to the start of the line for him. I look forward to watching him welcoming Ryan Bader to the division this fall.

Machida's performance continues to signal the need for a "Seniors Circuit" of 2 round fights.

I'm down for this. Bring back WEC with the small cage and make it a mix of rookies and seniors.

If Machida would quit being so Goddamn elusive all the time and committed to offense for a few seconds, like he did in the 4th and 5th round, he'd probably be the new MW champ. Oh well back to the start of the line for him. I look forward to watching him welcoming Ryan Bader to the division this fall.

I'm down for this. Bring back WEC with the small cage and make it a mix of rookies and seniors.

To be quite honest I wish they'd get rid of the 5 round fights altogether. For every one classic match where guys are scrapping for 25 minutes like there's no tomorrow, there are 10 fights where one or both of the fighters are extremely gassed by round 4 and the fight ends up a dud. I'd honestly do two 10 minute rounds with a third 5 minute round only if necessary.

To be quite honest I wish they'd get rid of the 5 round fights altogether. For every one classic match where guys are scrapping for 25 minutes like there's no tomorrow, there are 10 fights where one or both of the fighters are extremely gassed by round 4 and the fight ends up a dud. I'd honestly do two 10 minute rounds with a third 5 minute round only if necessary.

Yeah probably not a bad idea. It creates an illusion of value for the fans and I understand why it was initially instituted, but I also think it might encourage fighters to focus on conserving energy more than going full throttle for a win.

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby,
there ain't no easy way out
Hey I
will stand my ground
And I won't back down

can't believe i'm gonna see BJ retire tonight. hopefully Edgar finis... HAHAHAHAAH, i almost said Edgar could finish an opponent. oh Lambda....

Next

Hardly a Machida fan, but that was a good fight yesterday. At least now we know that he does in fact walk forward every now and then.

Top Bottom