• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Panzon

Shocked that people thought BJ would win.
I don't think anyone with a right mind thought he'd win...but to show up and look this bad? It's just plain sad.

I will forever blame BJ's selfishness as his downfall. He never switched camps or looked for a better gym. He has never tried going out his comfort zone to see where and what he can improve on. He has always had a bunch of yes man around him and never looked to replace them.

I love BJ and he's one of the reasons I got into MMA but I'm so glad he's finally out of his misery.

Good luck with everything BJ and thank you for all those wonderful wars

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Penn should have stayed retired after the Diaz fight. Hell, both Hughes and BJ probably should have retired after their fight at UFC 123.

BJ Penn has looked increasingly awful as the years have gone by and the L's become more difficult to hold. I didn't watch this season of TUF, but I expected BJ to suffer the ultimate shame of being finished by Frankie Edgar.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
BJ looked great tonight, a lot of fight left in that guy. I'd like to see him move him back up to 155 and make a run for the title. Fights with Henderson, Pettis, Melendez, Thomson and Khabib all sound fresh and exciting to me.

I will forever blame BJ's selfishness as his downfall. He never switched camps or looked for a better gym. He has never tried going out his comfort zone to see where and what he can improve on. He has always had a bunch of yes man around him and never looked to replace them.

This is sad because BJ probably could be still fighting at a high level if he improved instead of just staying stagnant once he reached the top. Look at Uriah Faber as an example him and BJ are the same age yet he could probably beat BJ badly at this point in their career's.

nick nacc

Banned
How Bj will eat away his sorrows.

440.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Onnit is amazing, both Joe Rogan AND DDP are on it.

Speaking of Onnit, I'm onto my second month of using their T+ stuff (I got a large discount a long time ago). I've got no way of quantifying if it's working or not, but the amount of random hard ons I'm getting at work seems to imply that something's going on.

Razdek

Banned
Gotta admit I got a tear in my eye when BJ broke down during the post fight conference. Dude still wanted to compete but knew in his heart it was over.

Gotta admit I got a tear in my eye when BJ broke down during the post fight conference. Dude still wanted to compete but knew in his heart it was over.

i laughed my ass off. he's like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense: everyone knew his career was dead but him.

TheChits

Yeah it was tough to watch. I'm just happy he didn't get too hurt before he was able to realize his time as a competitor was over. I don't want to see another guy like Chuck :(

Curious to see what happens with 176. Cub vs Mendes and/or Struve vs Meathead isn't going to cut it. It's a Fox Sports card at best, not a PPV.

VASPER

Banned
Aw poor BJ, love the man yet he was doomed to retire. He is a legend but he cant compete these days. Where you at Scooter, calling you out lol.

BJ looked great tonight, a lot of fight left in that guy. I'd like to see him move him back up to 155 and make a run for the title. Fights with Henderson, Pettis, Melendez, Thomson and Khabib all sound fresh and exciting to me.

What?, he just stood there walking upright in what seemed like a boxing stance out of the 1920's... i felt bad for him, i don't remember him doing anything meaningful at all.

Check your 'cism, LP. You're getting a little too comfortable for your own good.

i know how comfortable i can get. you mind your own shit. we've been over this.

it wasn't me acting like a cunt and taking cheap shots at every chance when it happened last year. if you start this shit again, after 1 year, i'll show myself the door again, no problems.

Heel

MMA a dying sport, tensions running high. After a brief chat with LP, he has passed the UFC thread baton to chits and plywood if those are things deemed necessary to make in the future.

I hope in the end we can all be friends again.

Top Bottom