• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Dipz

Banned
1.5 months is a lot of time to make the card legit?
Not really. I'd expect a semi-serviceable co-main event and that's about it.

My schadenfreude side almost wants to see Dillashaw injured so they have to cancel two PPVs in a row and actually own up to what they're doing.

Who am I kidding though, they never will and they'll just trot out smooth talking Lorenzo to feed people more bullshit if it happens.

VoxPop

Not really. I'd expect a semi-serviceable co-main event and that's about it.

My schadenfreude side almost wants to see Dillashaw injured so they have to cancel two PPVs in a row and actually own up to what they're doing.

Who am I kidding though, they never will and they'll just trot out smooth talking Lorenzo to feed people more bullshit if it happens.

I find it funny that they think a fight that barely drew, that needed Cormier/Hendo and Lawler/Ellenberger to be considered decent is any different now 3 months later and doesn't need the star power. As much as I love GoDilla, they can't possibly pass 200k buys with Doug vs Roger Klotz 2.

Also

"Dana White would 'absolutely' put Chuck Norris in next version of EA Sports UFC video game"

Get me Sensei Segal with the yellow sunglasses in there along with him and I'd buy this game no matter how bad it was.

strobogo

Banned
I'd much rather have a game with a roster of Expendables than a UFC roster.

Chuck Norris
Bruce Lee
Segal
Arnold
Stalone
Statham
Randy
Rhonda
Bruce Willis
Mel Gibson
Stone Cold
Terry Norris

And so on. Way better than a bunch of tiny white guys with buzz cuts and terrible tats.

VoxPop

I'd much rather have a game with a roster of Expendables than a UFC roster.

Chuck Norris
Bruce Lee
Segal
Arnold
Stalone
Statham
Randy
Rhonda
Bruce Willis
Mel Gibson
Stone Cold
Terry Norris

And so on. Way better than a bunch of tiny white guys with buzz cuts and terrible tats.

add in the crew from the Longest Yard remake and you got yourself GOTY.

kavZXe0.png

putting a 100 beans on this parlay to make the event watchable when I'm there this wednesday

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't think I'll ever buy another MMA game. They got me on this one because I'm a bit of a graphics whore. Never again, friends.

Dipz

Banned
I don't think I'll ever buy another MMA game. They got on this one because I'm a bit of a graphics whore. Never again, friends.
I've been playing it with a few friends and we've all become pretty good at it and we're all enjoying it quite a bit actually.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I don't think I'll ever buy another MMA game. They got on this one because I'm a bit of a graphics whore. Never again, friends.

Id' get a Wrestlefest or Wrestlemania the arcade game style arcade fighter. WWE Allstars had the right idea. Just include signature moves and ditch the ridiculous high low blocking shit. Playing that EA MMA game is more complicated than actual fighting.

I wouldn't buy tickets period if they were very pricey. The card they're selling with current prices could end up not remotely being what you end up getting.

If you do, just be prepared for a Pascal Kraus vs Zak Cummings main event is all.

I guess I've been lucky with Toronto cards, they add fights after buying tickets and they always delivered........and then we get Jones/Gus 2 moved to Vegas =/

Don't like these guys? Then don't watch? But yeah, apparently Dana White is personally forcing you to watch this right?

Au contraire mon frere, I think there are a few very compelling fights on that card and I'm very much looking forward to it. And Cerrone, Miller, Barboza, and Dunham are on my favorite fighters list. I was merely just trying to guess who everyone was based on their pictures.

And for the record, the only time I really bitch about the line up is when we're asked to pay $55 for it and its loaded up with hardly anyone you know except for maybe the main card and/or co-main. I dont mind all that much if I don't know the people on free cards unless the whole card is filled with people I never heard of - like the China one where you have 0-0 and 2-0 guys fighting. And as per your advice 4 months later, I didn't watch that one.

Dipz

Banned
add in the crew from the Longest Yard remake and you got yourself GOTY.

kavZXe0.png

putting a 100 beans on this parlay to make the event watchable when I'm there this wednesday
If you haven't done this parlay yet, take Jessamyn Duke out of it. She could win but Leslie Smith is far better than her last performance would have you think and Duke is bad enough to lose this fight.

Other than that, a solid parlay IMO.

Oh, and as an addendum to my post about not buying tickets to UFC 177 in Sacramento, Lawler vs Brown tickets are a steal for this great card that has surprisingly held together, minus Michael Johnson at least who's getting replaced by Bobby Green:

VoxPop

If you haven't done this parlay yet, take Jessamyn Duke out of it. She could win but Leslie Smith is far better than her last performance would have you think and Duke is bad enough to lose this fight.

Other than that, a solid parlay IMO.

Oh, and as an addendum to my post about not buying tickets to UFC 177 in Sacramento, Lawler vs Brown tickets are a steal for this great card that has surprisingly held together, minus Michael Johnson at least who's getting replaced by Bobby Green:

Awesome thanks for the info. I personally thought Duke could take it but I'm not too informed on the women fighters.

Matt Brown bearing a resemblance to Nick Newell in that poster.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Putting in work.

Rumble probably gonna send Nog off worse than Hendo.
Just realised that Nog hasn't fought since he beat Rashad. It'd be hilarious if he took an uneventful UD over Rumble and then disappeared for a year or two before emerging to derail the next Blackzilian contender.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Welp shit has gone nuclear at work. One of my friends who I've known for 15 years got fired.
The waitresses are treating me as persona non grata and one of the managers is tailing me and questions my every move. I'm a target now.

edit: a waitress got fired as well and another had a meltdown on Saturday and quit.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Welp shit has gone nuclear at work. One of my friends who I've known for 15 years got fired.
The waitresses are treating me as persona non grata and one of the managers is tailing me and questions my every move. I'm a target now.

edit: a waitress got fired as well and another had a meltdown on Saturday and quit.

Youre boned breh. Also i just realized how appropriate your tag is considering your job..well for however long you happen to have it still.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The mod who gave it to me was prescient. I also rocked a Bayonetta avatar shortly after getting the tag, which had users quoting the tag and avatar frequently.

The one advantage on my end brother Gr1m is that they don't fire over gossip. They only fire when there's evidence on tape and I'm clean as a whistle in that regard since I know all the camera blindspots. I'm one of the few people there with free reign to go anywhere at anytime and I use it to my advantage if I'm being naughty. I'm honestly the least crooked motherfucker there anyway and I have a rep for being clean, I ain't worried. They'll move on to someone else eventually.

Fuck the waitresses though, can't believe the c
a
nts didn't tip me off and left me to hang to dry. Once I found out about all this drama on Sunday night (I was off and it was from a source outside of work), I had an "Agent Kujan dropping the Kobayashi mug" realization that explained a lot of recent weird behavior. These hos ain't loyal is the most accurate song that gets played at work. A couple of them, I had their backs during some sketchy situations outside of work. Not one of them has mine though for this one during work. Tch.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Stand tall and firm brother Bone. You'll come out the other end hopefully unsullied. In other news i need me a destiny beta code for ps4.

Top Bottom