• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why is there a show tomorrow, on a Wednesday? FS1 doesn't want to give up those Saturday Night Nascar replay ratings?

Dipz

Banned
Rich Chou in at Bellator. It's happening, brehs.

PE1_proelite3.gif

Get ready.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
But did you play the alpha

It's not dem graphics that make this game good necessarily
No and it's not about dem graphics. It's about limiting scope because you have to fit your design into 8/9 year old hardware instead of 1 year old hardware.

Dipz

Banned
FYI, those of you with fight pass should tune in for the first prelim tomorrow, it's the UFC's first ever women's strawweight match between Nova Uniao's Claudia Gadelha and Tina Lahdemaki.

Gadelha was initially going to be in the TUF 20 season but was unsure if she'd be able to make weight so many times in such a short span. She was the favorite to win the championship when she was rumored to be in the show and will probably end up taking the belt from whoever wins it in that show.

bone_and_sinew

Why you gotta be so hard on it ?

I'm still waiting to be wowed by next-gen. Played a bunch of rounds of Titanfall on my friend's XBone, played some Extinction on my friend's PS4. Just higher res than everything I've already played. I want to be wowed by something new and original that can only be done on new console tech like the first time I played Demon's Souls.

Heel

FYI, those of you with fight pass should tune in for the first prelim tomorrow, it's the UFC's first ever women's strawweight match between Nova Uniao's Claudia Gadelha and Tina Lahdemaki.

Gadelha was initially going to be in the TUF 20 season but was unsure if she'd be able to make weight so many times in such a short span. She was the favorite to win the championship when she was rumored to be in the show and will probably end up taking the belt from whoever wins it in that show.

Claudia Gadelha, Bad MMA Nerd Chat legend.

BsmpD6rCUAA0DWu.jpg

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm still waiting to be wowed by next-gen. Played a bunch of rounds of Titanfall on my friend's XBone, played some Extinction on my friend's PS4. Just higher res than everything I've already played. I want to be wowed by something new and original that can only be done on new console tech like the first time I played Demon's Souls.

You need Infamous second son in your life.

FUME5

Even though I should be rooting for one of the Aussie girls, my money's on Joanne Calderwood to win TUF 20. Not that I've ever seen Claudia fight, a fact I suddenly regret.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Try some patience, friend. Demon's Souls came out 3 years into PS3's lifespan. I think No Man's Sky could be that "next gen" game people are looking for.

That being said, Destiny is amazing and we have no room in Destiny-GAF for your cynicism.
iq6aN89y489Lu.png

Next

Try some patience, friend. Demon's Souls came out 3 years into PS3's lifespan. I think No Man's Sky could be that "next gen" game people are looking for.

That being said, Destiny is amazing and we have no room in Destiny-GAF for your cynicism.
iq6aN89y489Lu.png

plus Demon's Souls is such a masterpiece because of gameplay/art style/level design, things for which you don't need a super machine. So what he's really saying is that he's waiting for a good game.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wait, Hendricks asked for a fight with The Chris?
inGJaeoL6q5V7.png

I don't really care enough about the sport to actively root against fighters anymore but Hendricks isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is and I can't wait for someone to burst that bubble.

Robert the Ruthless already did that. Big Hig knows he's a fraud.

dream

Front page of the observer site says major American pro wrestling champion signs for fight on mma show that's running head to head against the ultimate (so bellator), but the article isn't actually there. Anyone know who it is?

dream

Bellator MMA announced Wednesday that current TNA Champion Bobby Lashley and light heavyweight contender King Mo Lawal will be part of the promotion's September season debut event at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, the same event that is going head-to-head with a big UFC show 10 miles away at Foxwoods.

The Friday, September 5th event on Spike TV will be headlined by Featherweight Champion Pat Curran vs. Patricio "Pitbull" Friere II. Lawal will face veteran Tom DeBlass, who is 2-0 in Bellator thus far. Lawal is coming off a controversial decision loss to Rampage Jackson at the promotion's debut PPV event -- an event that will be replayed this Friday on Spike.

Lashley (10-2) returns to MMA to face Josh Burns (8-7), and is riding a three fight win streak. The 38-year-old last fought in November for the XFL (no, not that one), picking up a unanimous decision over Tony Melton. Burns appears to be Bellator's heavyweight job guy, having lost all four times he's stepped in their cage.

To round out the show, Cheick Kongo returns to face Lavar Johnson in a battle of former UFC talents.

Oh man. I am so down (get it chamber?) with La Coker Nostra turning Bellator into the urban fighting challenge.

Dysun

Wait, Hendricks asked for a fight with The Chris?
inGJaeoL6q5V7.png

I don't really care enough about the sport to actively root against fighters anymore but Hendricks isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is and I can't wait for someone to burst that bubble.

Ben Askren won't be wrestlefucking him any time soon, and that's the only guy I'd pick to beat him

Vio-Lence

Banned

iq6aN89y489Lu.png

Console plebs wishing for dat 2003 pc mmo persistent game experience in a shitty Bungie package.

Dipz

Banned
Someone needs to tell Coker to stop trying to make Lashley happen.

And Vio, I happened to like Destiny's alpha, it was like Phantasy Star Online if it was an FPS.

dream

You know damn well that you'd immediately jump on stubhub if they announced Beautiful Bobby Lashley vs The Huntington Beach Bad Boy Tito Ortiz at Staples, just as I know I'd gladly cough up $29.95 to watch it in the comfort of my own home.

VoxPop

wtf lashley is 38 years old?

lashley vs 45 yo guardian of the galaxy bootista is probably the biggest match they can make

BiodegradableDisguisedApatosaur.gif

headed to AC tonight with my girl for this god awful card. hope it delivers

wtf lashley is 38 years old?

lashley vs 45 yo guardian of the galaxy bootista is probably the biggest match they can make

BiodegradableDisguisedApatosaur.gif

headed to AC tonight with my girl for this god awful card. hope it delivers

How can this work in a real fight scenario? The guy that got hit shouldve seen that shit from a mile away. Oh yeah I forgot bum show.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Bobby lashley? Coker back to drive another promotion into bankruptcy. Maybe hes a double agent working for Dana or hes secretly trying to pull the plug on this sport.

Dipz

Banned
Bobby lashley? Coker back to drive another promotion into bankruptcy. Maybe hes a double agent working for Dana or hes secretly trying to pull the plug on this sport.

Hopefully we can hear a MMA crowd doing the BOO-TISTA chant before it dies.

FYI, approx 20 mins until Claudinha, brehs.

Claudinha-Gadelha.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Coker is going to go all 1985 Vince MacMahon and bring in a bunch of roided up monsters.

That girl's face looks like some guy's that I can't place.

Heel

Bellator 123
Fight Night 50

On the same night, in the same state. Dana can pretend that he doesn't care, but look at the Fight Night card and you can already see that UFC has been put on notice.

Good for the fans, healthy for the sport. "You wanna go to war?"

bone_and_sinew

Tibau v Healy shouldn't be on Fight Pass.

plus Demon's Souls is such a masterpiece because of gameplay/art style/level design, things for which you don't need a super machine. So what he's really saying is that he's waiting for a good game.
The online aspects couldn't have been been done on PS2's PSN. It's not just the machines that improve, the online infrastructure gets better as well.

But yes I am waiting for great games too lol.

I'll wait for Destiny's inevitable PC release. PC still looking like the most attractive "next-gen" platform for me. PS4 and Wii U look pretty good with current or upcoming exclusives.
Hmmm, maybe this might be the first gen I go multi-platform.

Top Bottom