• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
tumblr_n4b69hRlyO1qfrkf9o1_1280.jpg

Ha. If we had Coli style smileys, Werdum would definitely be one of them.
CZKom7V.png

BHcZJcp.jpg

Truly a fight for the ages.

UFC dropping Neer was a mistake imo. Dude is super tough and always brings. Constantly works for a finish and is not afraid to get an L in doing so. He's exactly what you'd think Dana would want.

EDIT: His record in the UFC was indeed pretty meh though.

iddqd

Some fun writing from the Co MainEvent Podcast newsletter:
Somebody must’ve given the Nevada State Athletic Commission the greenlight on your boy Wandy, because those bastards went H.A.M. on “The Axe Murderer” in this week’s disciplinary hearing, hitting him with a $70,000 fine and a lifetime ban for the apparently unforgivable sin of skipping out on a surprise drug test. We’re not saying Silva should get a pass, by any means, but can someone please explain to us how multiple time drug cheat/career liar Chael Sonnen gets a two-year suspension, while a first-time offender like Wanderlei gets banned 4 life like he took his pants off in a Sizzler? We get that avoiding a test should count as a failure, as does submitting non-human urine, which both Kevin Randleman and Thiago Silva did in the state of Nevada. You know what didn’t happen to those guys, though? Yeah, lifetime fucking ban is what.

Maybe this wouldn’t seem like such an inexplicable overreaction if the same commission hadn’t, in that very same hearing, sat there and swallowed Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s story about his entourage smoking “fake” pot in the Showtime “All Access” series. Seriously, fake pot? That’s some shit that a dim-witted teenager would come up with when busted smoking weed. Unfortunately for that teenager, most high school principals are not as susceptible to bullshit as the NSAC is when said bullshit is spouted by an extremely profitable fighter.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
really, any fight is better than Barnett, dunno why he's asking for that.

I believe his stated reason for calling out Josh was to avenge his losses, but if that was the case then I'd start with Overeem first.

But I guess Overeem's a bit down the ladder for Hunt now. ;)

Next

I believe his stated reason for calling out Josh was to avenge his losses, but if that was the case then I'd start with Overeem first.

But I guess Overeem's a bit down the ladder for Hunt now. ;)

that's why JDS is so perfect, but he's tied up with Stipe now :/

I'd love a JDS vs Hunt rematch. Not saying Hunt would win but he did break his toe in the first few seconds of the first fight so I am sure it would be more competitive.

Good fights for Hunt

Arlovski
Stipe
JDS
Overeem
Browne
Bigfoot

Bad fights

Barnett
Cain

Not worth his time

Schaub
Nog
Mir

industrian

JDS' next fight has to be Overeem.

I don't care if it's completely irrelevant, I don't want this to be one of those fights that got away.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You have to join us more frequently friend. Heel and I have had some good times playing the same 4 missions 23 times in a row and then complaining how we got nothing for doing so.

I'll be on more this weekend, likely sitting AFK in the crucible. I'm just about ready for a Destiny break though.

Next

I don't care if it's completely irrelevant, I don't want this to be one of those fights that got away.

Actually, I like that. I don't think it'll be a great fight or anything but it keeps JDS busy and away from the title he won't get anyway. It also wont derail somebody's title run.

Yeah it deff should. It would also save Overeems career if he did win too. It's really a win/win situation and judging on how things have been so unpredictable it wouldn't be out there if Reem pulled it off.

industrian

Beating JDS in this hypothetical matchup is literally the only thing that would keep Reem's MMA career active. After being exposed, and at his age, I don't see any point in him going through the motions of fighting the Jordans, Mitriones and Gonzagas just to get back into the mix.

Fights like this would also keep JDS active while he waits for Cain to lose to Werdum twice retire due to persistent injuries.

Reem however will probably find a way to lose to Struve though, making all of this redundant. I just hope he's mended that bridge with Glory.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.mmamania.com/2014/9/26/6...lei-silva-from-ufc-hall-of-fame-pete-rose-mma
"Lorenzo was just saying this morning -- every fucking time you and I have ever seen Wanderlei Silva in our life he's over the top 'you guys are the best, you've built this sport, I don't know where any of us would be if it wasn't for you'. Nothing but positive things to say. Then now he's in this situation and he's trying to build a smoke screen. I don't blame him. I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if I was in his position. It's part of this business. There's going to be no Hall of Fame. The guy's been Pete Rose'd. There's going to be no Hall of Fame offers."
TVa8R9w.jpg

TheChits

Why is Rogan not doing the weigh ins? This is a big card
Edit: Apparently he is working a show in Toronto tonight where 178 was originally going to be
Edit 2: The crowd is going to be insane for Conor/Poirier tomorrow.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm sure Wand is heartbroken he wont be in the HoF of a sinking ship. 'Pete Rose'd'? Someone give Dana Vince Russo's number.

Top Bottom