• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Forget the drug test, we're not talking about the elephant in the room; he ducked Chael Sonnen after feuding with him for years. That lack of budo from a man previously oozing it, combined with the lack of closure is a bitter pill to swallow.

Hunt is a spectacular story...

Everybody that witnessed the legendary K1 fights Hunt was in and now sees him leave a mark in the ultimate has a great time now!

I still cant believe it...

Hunt_vs._Le_Banner_medium.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Every time I see Hunt fight I continue to wonder why it's not just constant takedown attempts from the opponent. If you're going to bang with him, you're going to lose.

Heel

Forget the drug test, we're not talking about the elephant in the room; he ducked Chael Sonnen after feuding with him for years. That lack of budo from a man previously oozing it, combined with the lack of closure is a bitter pill to swallow.

Rethinking this whole ducking thing after the video, especially if the circumstances he presents are true. Ducked based on what, Chael talking some yang that it'd happen? Dude is a broken down fighter juicing to recover in the twilight of his career. I doubt he's making up injuries.

How did the Vitor/Wand fight get scrapped again? It's all a blur at this point.

Curious to see how The Dana responds. Say what you will, the man is a legend of the sport.

Every time I see Hunt fight I continue to wonder why it's not just constant takedown attempts from the opponent. If you're going to bang with him, you're going to lose.

Hunt stuffed all but one takedown. Roy was spamming it pretty good.

Its nuts thats as old as Hunt is, hes still in the top 10. I see him KOing AA, Reem, Stipe etc. Might not beat JDS, Cain, Josh or Werdum but id favor him over anyone else

Next

yes because a guy who previously fought Hunt is afraid to get in the cage with Chael Sonnen...

yes because a guy who previously fought Hunt is afraid to get in the cage with Chael Sonnen...

Yeah but in Japan he was allowed to roid his brains out. Now he can't and pretty much made a joke out of his career.

Great Japan card yesterday. Another great card next weekend. UFC finally recovering a bit.

Next

Yeah but in Japan he was allowed to roid his brains out. Now he can't and pretty much made a joke out of his career.

Great Japan card yesterday. Another great card next weekend. UFC finally recovering a bit.

Hunt and Sonnen are so far apart that no amount of roids is gonna make a difference.

Heel

Your favorite UFC fighter has used steroids. I don't think he suddenly stopped using steroids in the U.S. either. The first time he was randomly tested out of competition he was caught...haha. Same for about everyone else so far, too.

Speaking of Fedor how the fuck couldn't he KO Bigfoot as AA made it look easy? I need to watch that fight again. Forgot if it was competitive or a 1 sided beat down

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Speaking of Fedor how the fuck couldn't he KO Bigfoot as AA made it look easy? I need to watch that fight again. Forgot if it was competitive or a 1 sided beat down

It wasn't as one-sided as Shogun being emasculated by Jones, but it was close enough. Fedor's only moment was a rather pathetic leglock that Bigfoot just laughed at.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Natty "Icecream Build" Fedor was fighting a Bigfoot that was full of ripe 17 year old testosterone and other currently banned substances.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Werdum, Barnett, Hunt, Arlovski and Rothwell in the top ten, Nog, Overeem, Nelson and Mir arguably top 15. Miocic's still unproven and Browne and Silva are cheaters (one in the cage, one out) who are only in the top ten because they were able to get their arses kicked by Overeem so much that they activated his "winning until he lost" mode instead of actually beating him like Rothwell did.

Fedor fought his last fights at a solid 240ish pounds with crisp striking and intelligent gameplans. Throw in the TRT ban and in 2014 none of his losses happen. Cain and Junior are his only threats and it's not hard to envisage him relegating them to #2 and #3 like he did with Nog and Cro-cop. The Fertitta's have one last throw of the dice at saving their dying company; bet everything on coaxing The Last Emperor out of retirement and getting him that title shot.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Werdum, Barnett, Hunt, Arlovski and Rothwell in the top ten, Nog, Overeem, Nelson and Mir arguably top 15. Miocic's still unproven and Browne and Silva are cheaters (one in the cage, one out) who are only in the top ten because they were able to get their arses kicked by Overeem so much that they activated his "winning until he lost" mode instead of actually beating him like Rothwell did.

Fedor fought his last fights at a solid 240ish pounds with crisp striking and intelligent gameplans. Throw in the TRT ban and in 2014 none of his losses happen. Cain and Junior are his only threats and it's not hard to envisage him relegating them to #2 and #3 like he did with Nog and Cro-cop. The Fertitta's have one last throw of the dice at saving their dying company; bet everything on coaxing The Last Emperor out of retirement and getting him that title shot.
Preach.
D-does she have a gaf account?

Next

let's not forget Bigfoot spent 25 minutes in the company of Mark Hunt without losing his consciousness.

TheChits

I was going to list the fights on the 178 card that I'm excited about, but after looking at them all I realized I'm excited for every single one. Okay, maybe not so much Kennedy/Romero, but every other one for sure. At long last, the return of Cat <3

Yup

Ariel Helwani &#8207;@arielhelwani 51s

Unconfirmed so far. RT @guicruzzz: Vitor Belfort tweets Chris Weidman broke his hand and is out of UFC 181. Fight is postponed, per VB.

Ariel Helwani &#8207;@arielhelwani now

Dana White just confirmed to me that Chris Weidman had to pull out of UFC 181 and the Belfort-Weidman fight has now been moved to Feb.

Oy

Ariel Helwani &#8207;@arielhelwani 9s

As a result, Johny Hendricks vs Robbie Lawler 2 is now taking place on Dec. 6, per Dana White.

Good, good

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
We're counting days until Werdum vs. Arlovski 2 is confirmed to headline the Mexico City card, aren't we.

Next

I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I love seeing the derailment of hype trains, on the other hand, I'm starting to kinda like Mcgregor, so I'm hoping he's not all talk. Also he got huge popularity in a short amount of time so he should be good for mma.

Dysun

I'm cool with it, Hendricks vs Lawler 1 was a great fight and it was supposed to go down in February now moved up 2 months

ron_bato

Dom Cruz will die an old man having never defended his title

You mean regaining the title? Because I'm pretty sure he defended his UFC title twice, once against Faber, and once again DJ.

Pretty excited to see him fight again. I know his style is divisive, but I love the way he fights. He may not have KO power, the way he uses angles and footwork is really fun to to watch.

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was fined $50,000 as a result of the brawl that took place between he and Daniel Cormier at an August 4, 2014 press event to promote UFC 178. Representatives of the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) unanimously approved the punishment at a Tuesday commission meeting in Las Vegas.

In addition to the fine, Jones will be required to complete 40 hours of community service in Las Vegas.

jon jones punishment

Edit

Cormeir punishment

@shaunalshatti: Cormier's punishment: $9,000 fine (10% of purse) and 20 hours of community service. Commission states that Jones was more culpable in brawl.

Top Bottom