• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

B7sFYVFCAAAbKwy.png

McGregor's face is avatar perfect. Aldo couldn't be less afraid.

IKizzLE

Lmao, I bet Dana saw nothing but money signs when Conor jumped the fence.
Can't wait for this new level of hype and 100,000 interviews between now and the fourth of july of Conor just talking about world domination before Aldo comes and puts him on his ass.

But it worked, cuz I'm hyped lol.

zidigan

I will say, I have been an extremely causal UFC fan at best. I've seen stuff here and there, but I don't follow the sport heavily. I heard a Conor McGregor interview and really enjoyed it, saw a couple ads of him fighting during the NFC championship game today and decided to tune in and I couldn't have been happier. Regardless if you like him or not, I'm the perfect example of how he's bringing more people/excitement to the sport. Just my 2 cents. (goes back to lurking)

IKizzLE

I will say, I have been an extremely causal UFC fan at best. I've seen stuff here and there, but I don't follow the sport heavily. I heard a Conor McGregor interview and really enjoyed it, saw a couple ads of him fighting during the NFC championship game today and decided to tune in and I couldn't have been happier. Regardless if you like him or not, I'm the perfect example of how he's bringing more people/excitement to the sport. Just my 2 cents. (goes back to lurking)

Yep, he's literally a WWE caricature who can actually fight.
He's going to get A LOT of PPV buys.

RobertM

My only concern is that Conor might gas out during Aldo fight. Conor is really good at paising himself and calculating his shots, but he is using a lot of his strength to unleash some of the crazier combos and leg kicks. I really hope his stamina is up to snuff.

Heel

For everyone that's certain that Aldo destroys him, here's your chance to bet the house. 5Dimes already released opening odds:

If the fight takes place in the USA:
Jose Aldo -210
Conor McGregor +160

If the fight takes place in Ireland:
Jose Aldo -140
Conor McGregor +100

If the fight takes place in Brazil:
Jose Aldo -270
Conor McGregor +190

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I think the Aldo/Conor fight will look very similar to Shogun/Machida 1.

If I were Conor I'd start training leg kick defense. He has a very wide Karate-like stance that leaves him open to those.

IKizzLE

So whats left this year? Anderson coming back, Conor vs Aldo, what else? Dana put the whole year in Jan.

Gustaffson vs Rumble
Tyron Woodley vs Gastellum
Weidman vs Belfort
Ronda vs Cat
Showtime vs Dos Anjos
Carla Esparza vs Joanna
Holly Holm vs Raquel
Chad Mendes vs Ricardo Lamas
Machida vs Rockhold
Barao vs Dillashaw

Just to name a few. A MUCH better year for UFC fans than 2014.
Like in ordres of magnitude.

Oscar

Great win, but Conor looked very susceptible to strikes. Chin straight up, absorbing shots from Siver. There's bound to be a gif, but in the middle of the 1st round I swear Conor got stunned for a brief second from a Siver shot. Like, his legs buckled but he immediately recovered.

I don't see him being able to take those kind of shots from Aldo. Not to mention he got taken down twice by a 36 year old kickboxer.

Looking forward to the fight. Aldo by murder IMO, will be a sweet humbling.

Takuan

Great win, but Conor looked very susceptible to strikes. Chin straight up, absorbing shots from Siver. There's bound to be a gif, but in the middle of the 1st round I swear Conor got stunned for a brief second from a Siver shot. Like, his legs buckled but he immediately recovered.

I don't see him being able to take those kind of shots from Aldo. Not to mention he got taken down twice by a 36 year old kickboxer.

Looking forward to the fight. Aldo by murder IMO, will be a sweet humbling.
If he fights like he did tonight against Aldo, he's going to take a nap.

I've never seen Aldo this happy. Fell asleep, didnt watch the fight...

Are events always on sundays now? Fuck off, people in europe cant stay up all night doofus

I liked that post fight carnage.

Connor is outstanding right now but he got hit a little last night by light fisted Dennis....but Aldo has death in his fists.

Great and exciting matchup!!!

dem

Is anyone on #TeamMcGregor at this point?

His road to a title shot was just silly. Please Aldo.. knock him out cold.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
All signs point to Aldo crushing McGregor. But hosting the event in Las Vegas makes for fugazi gambling antics and potential split decisions and shit.

I see Aldo winning by decision, going to lightweight, and McGregor vs. Edgar for the vacant 145 title.

Are events always on sundays now? Fuck off, people in europe cant stay up all night doofus

I'm returning to Taiwan next Wednesday and I wouldn't mind watching events on Monday morning. I'll be in Eastern Australia in 3 weeks and that makes a good time for watching UFC events really. Just as long as the shitty internet in Australia allows for it.

Top Bottom