• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

conor is going to beat aldo and its going to be dope
Xactly. What are ye fools tinking? Connor 'il knock him out in the first. Lol.

Personally, I think Aldo/McGregor would be more exciting than MCGregor/Edgar. After the soul crushing defeat Swanson got, I don't think it would be a favorable matchup for McGregor.

It's Rampage/Evans all over again. If rather Connor move up to 155 and leave Aldo at FW (sucks for Barao).

I think Aldo will win a decision over Conor since Conor has a good chin.

I don't know what Conor is smoking when he says he will KO Aldo in the first round. Dude has NEVER been knocked out.

This is going to be an AMAZING fight.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Josie gonna eat a straight left down the pipe every time he goes for a leg kick. He aint going to have the luxury of being 20 lbs heavier than his opponent for the match either. Conor gonna put on a style clinic.

scabro

Josie gonna eat a straight left down the pipe every time he goes for a leg kick. He aint going to have the luxury of being 20 lbs heavier than his opponent for the match either. Conor gonna put on a style clinic.

gr1m pls, connor beat a 5 foot nothing 36 year old german with bratwurst length arms who still took him down twice.

Aldo is a different beast. He will maul the lead leg, threaten the takedown, and outbox mcgregor.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
gr1m pls, connor beat a 5 foot nothing 36 year old german with bratwurst length arms who still took him down twice.

Aldo is a different beast. He will maul the lead leg, threaten the takedown, and outbox mcgregor.

Took him down? breh why you even bringing that up? Is your boy Josie ADCC royalty? You already conceding he's going to have to try to wrestle? Cause for the first time in a long time he's going to have to fight a man his own size. I understand its going to be a new experience for him. Go ahead. Threaten that leg. These feddaweights dont understand. How many of them got stung the fuck up with a glancing blow? Throw a baby leg kick. Watch your grill get split. Conor will two piece josie early..then he's going to run like the bitch he is.

scabro

Took him down? breh why you even bringing that up? Is your boy Josie ADCC royalty? You already conceding he's going to have to try to wrestle? Cause for the first time in a long time he's going to have to fight a man his own size. I understand its going to be a new experience for him. Go ahead. Threaten that leg. These feddaweights dont understand. How many of them got stung the fuck up with a glancing blow? Throw a baby leg kick. Watch your grill get split. Conor will two piece josie early..then he's going to run like the bitch he is.

friend take a break ye, the ncaa is the jumble of letters that represents wrestling not adcc.

and conceding that he will try to wrestle, Jose never been afraid to mix it up. And who yo crappin with Jose having to fight a man his own size when Conor just beat a guy who looks like a mini bottle of toothpaste. And are we ignoring that t rex limbed siver dropped Mcgregah on his ass multiple times with them babby leg kicks? if that was Aldo, Conor would be on the phone with uriah asking bout "oi mate wat ting can oi apply ter reduce dis swellin 'ere". Hell Jose would give ol' lad mcgregah flashbacks to those lithuanian cans and other irish fellas submitting him in dainty euro slums.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Is your boy Josie ADCC royalty?
Aldo cuts through guards like a hot knife through butter. Got superior positions on Brown, Faber, Hominick, Florian, Zombie, Lamas and Mendes. Pederneiras is probably gonna plan for him to mix it up and rough McGregor up on the ground, Aldo may not listen.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
friend take a break ye, the ncaa is the jumble of letters that represents wrestling not adcc.

and conceding that he will try to wrestle, Jose never been afraid to mix it up. And who yo crappin with Jose having to fight a man his own size when Conor just beat a guy who looks like a mini bottle of toothpaste. And are we ignoring that t rex limbed siver dropped Mcgregah on his ass multiple times with them babby leg kicks? if that was Aldo, Conor would be on the phone with uriah asking bout "oi mate wat ting can oi apply ter reduce dis swellin 'ere". Hell Jose would give ol' lad mcgregah flashbacks to those lithuanian cans and other irish fellas submitting him in dainty euro slums.

This guy. First off yes i had the correct jumble of letters, ADCC represents 'rapplin as a hole across the globe no? Not just Oklahoma state and some other bumfuck state no one goes to so

conor-mcgregor-gives-dennis-siver-the-finger.gif
to you feller.

Second of all Josie got taken to decision by Lamas, Florian, Hominick, Edgar, Suares, IFC Yipes Dr Phil, Mick Foley and that fat dude who played E Honda in the Jean claude van damme street fighter movie. All you have is baby leg kicks. Go ahead trip the man as much as you want to. The second Josie throws one and eats a boiled potato straight left down the pipe he's gonna get on his unicycle like he has for half a decade, put on a fez and a little vest and clap two cymbals together for 3 rounds.

scabro

This guy. First off yes i had the correct jumble of letters, ADCC represents 'rapplin as a hole across the globe no? Not just Oklahoma state and some other bumfuck state no one goes to so

conor-mcgregor-gives-dennis-siver-the-finger.gif
to you feller.

Second of all Josie got taken to decision by Lamas, Florian, Hominick, Edgar, Suares, IFC Yipes Dr Phil, Mick Foley and that fat dude who played E Honda in the Jean claude van damme street fighter movie. All you have is baby leg kicks. Go ahead trip the man as much as you want to. The second Josie throws one and eats a boiled potato straight left down the pipe he's gonna get on his unicycle like he has for half a decade, put on a fez and a little vest and clap two cymbals together for 3 rounds.

this goi

congrats, you just named a bunch of guys aldo beat. Meanwhile, not even Sherdog would know who the various cans that have submitted Mcgregor are.

And please Aldo ate the bang- money mendes lunch special like it was a cup of applesauce. You think ya boy's baked potato is gonna do anything? Josay is gonna riverdance around conah and all he will be able to do is throwout bootleg nick diaz middle fingers and temper tantrums. And then when he loses he'll tank aldo for the opportunity.

Some of you guys are insane. Aldo is a killer. he threw a right hand in the edgar fight that would have killed edgar that night if he connected im pretty fucking sure. Connor tends to lower his hands and if a favela angered fist connects he ll be back in ireland. I send connor a twitter message telling him ill be missing him...

This just in. Jon Jones wasn't in drug rehab. It was rehab for sex addicts. The cocaine he did was off another mans butt.

John Wick is prety legit, brehs. Not as good as Raid 2, whoever said that in nerd chat, but still really good.

Yeah, saw it last night at the dollar movies. I liked that it wasn't a bunch of that I'm going to punch you and pretend you're dead or knocked out for the rest of the scene nonsense. The dude puts a bullet between everybody's eyes or makes sure you know they are dead.

VoxPop

Time to get that spitbooket Aldo. The real king has arrived. The era of non English speaking champions is about to finally come to an end. Sort of.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Haven't seen that Jones interview, dude comes off horrible here.

"Yeah, I experimented with it back in college and I did it a month before the fight but those are the only times."

ibmEzyhdiPf1lI.gif

MjFrancis

I'll believe the McGregor hype if and only if he beats Aldo.

If McGregor loses in a five round decision the hype train will end and it will have been fun while it lasted.

If McGregor miraculously gets finished by Jose Aldo then no one will remember the Irish Muhammad Ali this time next year.

If McGregor wins decisively, decision or no decision, we have our new Chael Sonnen. But right now it's all talk. We were just wondering who Cowboy had ever really beaten, well McGregor has the highlight reel wins over nobodies in spades right now.

thefro

If McGregor wins decisively, decision or no decision, we have our new Chael Sonnen. But right now it's all talk. We were just wondering who Cowboy had ever really beaten, well McGregor has the highlight reel wins over nobodies in spades right now.

McGregor's at the intersection of being both a sports entertainer like Chael & Phil Baroni and an entertaining fighter that the MMA marks will like for his skill, workrate and finishing ability like Fedor, prime in-shape BJ Penn and Strikeforce Nick Diaz.

So he's pretty special, potentially.

CentroXer

Banned
Rumble on Jones vs Gustafsson fight:

- According to me, no one knew his greatness until the brawl against Jon Jones. The one who after fight needed to go to hospital is the true loser, and we could all see who took the biggest beating that night.

- Jones was even carried into the locker room, and it's not a good sign when the challenger at the same time can go out on their own behalf.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/mma/the-maulers-rival-talar-ut-om-anklagelserna/

surprisingly Rumble thought Gus was the winner against Jones.

VoxPop

Eh, Bones easily won that fight 3-2 if not 4-1 after various rewatches. Gus was gasping for air and on the verge of faceplanting the canvas in round 5. Acting like Tito Ortiz when he lost fair and square. I hope Rumble takes his head off to humble him. I also see Bones dominating Gus in the rematch and sending him back to main eventing Fight Nights.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Instead of the Muhammad Ali angle I'll say he's got the potential to be the Jon Jones of the featherweight division. Once again I'll hope for a champion who fights more than twice a year at best.
Well only if you disregard the sports entertainment element.

Jones is a personality vacuum, and anti-draw.

Friends, I've joined the 21st century and finally got a smartphone (iPhone 6). Whee! Now I can read the news about which fighter was injured or popped for drugs even quicker.

Friends, I've joined the 21st century and finally got a smartphone (iPhone 6). Whee! Now I can read the news about which fighter was injured or popped for drugs even quicker.
I had no idea anyone else in the 1st world didn't have a smart phone besides me. My Nokia flip phone going on 5 years now.

scabro

Haven't seen that Jones interview, dude comes off horrible here.

"Yeah, I experimented with it back in college and I did it a month before the fight but those are the only times."

ibmEzyhdiPf1lI.gif

hahahah

this motherfucker, he knows hes got the ufc by the balls

and mirko? fucking mirko? Coker put the fear of god in Dana

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I had no idea anyone else in the 1st world didn't have a smart phone besides me. My Nokia flip phone going on 5 years now.

my phone requires a constant connection... to my wall.

my irish friend, who lives in london, told me that conor mcgregor is an eejit from the arsehole of dublin. i think this means he has no chance against aldo. favela sounds more romantic than arsehole.

Top Bottom