• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

TheChits

Ben Saunders vs. Erick Silva and Maia vs Ryan LaFlare at the fight night in Rio. Great fights
Edit: With Bobby Green injured, Bendo is now facing Masvidal at UFN 63

iddqd

Crocop vs. Gonzaga 2 in Poland.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/2...el-gonzaga-ii-set-as-main-event-for-poland-in

Jimi Manuwa vs. Jan Blachowicz is the co-main event. That one should be epic.

I understand why they signed Crocop now. I saw one live event where Crocop fought in Germany and the place went total berserk.
(I'm picking Gonzaga)

That new Bendo matchup also makes me sad, Masvidal is a fun striker that will just get dragged into a sparring match ala Cerrone. He doesn't have enough power or wrestling to stay away from "all thanks to christ".

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That new Bendo matchup also makes me sad, Masvidal is a fun striker that will just get dragged into a sparring match ala Cerrone. He doesn't have enough power or wrestling to stay away from "all thanks to christ".
It's kind of amusing, but also disappointing knowing Bendo is just gonna pull out a decision even after how heated he got over his deserved loss to Cerrone.

MjFrancis

It's kind of amusing, but also disappointing knowing Bendo is just gonna pull out a decision even after how heated he got over his deserved loss to Cerrone.
I hope you're wrong. WEC Benson was a lot more aggressive than UFC Benson. The last time we saw an aggressive Benson in the UFC was with his second loss to Pettis. I'm going to pull a Machida-defense here, but he looked great in that fight all the way up until he got submitted. Too bad it was a Round 1 submission - which is probably why we'll never see him come out guns blazing like that ever again.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Saw the Glasgow news as well. How much on average are ticket prices, I remember wanting to go to Manchester a few years back. Can't imagine us getting a great card though.

You'll get to see Jojo crush some can, and maybe get a co-main involving a big name. Outside of that I imagine it'll be the usual suspects for UK/EU cards (your Ogles, Barnatts, Latifis, Kyrlovs, etc) and some local Scottish fighters on the entry-level prelims.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I hope you're wrong. WEC Benson was a lot more aggressive than UFC Benson. The last time we saw an aggressive Benson in the UFC was with his second loss to Pettis. I'm going to pull a Machida-defense here, but he looked great in that fight all the way up until he got submitted. Too bad it was a Round 1 submission - which is probably why we'll never see him come out guns blazing like that ever again.
I hope I'm wrong too, he's got the cardio to pull off some thangs, but he just doesn't let go.

Anth1888

You'll get to see Jojo crush some can, and maybe get a co-main involving a big name. Outside of that I imagine it'll be the usual suspects for UK/EU cards (your Ogles, Barnatts, Latifis, Kyrlovs, etc) and some local Scottish fighters on the entry-level prelims.

Someone on Twitter said the Glasgow Fight Night will be on Fox Sports 1 which is a good sign for a decent card rather than Fight Pass.

I feel like Benson's last few fights have shown that he's becoming more aggressive again. He's striking more and is willing to stand in the pocket and trade for a bit before moving away. He also isn't initiating the grappling as much, though when it is initiated he utilizes it.

I think he knows that he needs to be more exciting to get a push again but then stuff like the Dos Anjos quick stoppage makes him hesitant.

industrian

I don't see how Cro Cop beats Gonzaga.

Zaga outclass him everywhere basically.

I'm sure that three months ago I said the exact same thing. Only replacing "Cro Cop" with "Mitrione".

That said, this fight has "close enough to Croatia to count as a proper retirement match" written all over it.

iddqd

Had no idea that MMA was represented in INHERENT VICE.
Good to see old fighters get acting jobs as swastika wearing goons.

industrian

Someone on Twitter said the Glasgow Fight Night will be on Fox Sports 1 which is a good sign for a decent card rather than Fight Pass.

I'm slightly bitter at this.

One of my favourite bands hadn't played in the UK in over 10 years - when I move to Korea they play a full tour of the UK including Glasgow.
Another of my favourite bands had never been to Scotland before - when I move to Taiwan they come to Glasgow.
The UFC come to Scotland - I move to Australia.

I can't fucking win.

Here's hoping that the UFC have a show in Brisbane (or wherever the fuck I end up) when I'm out there.

Lazyslob

Banned
i watched the luke rockhold dating thing. shit was funny as fuck it was so staged that he slapped that girls ass and said "do you spit or swallow" and rubbed another girls back in the office. it probably was a dare from his friends to do this shit. luke rockhold is fine as fuck though. definitely a man crush for me

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

One of my favourite bands hadn't played in the UK in over 10 years - when I move to Korea they play a full tour of the UK including Glasgow.
Another of my favourite bands had never been to Scotland before - when I move to Taiwan they come to Glasgow.

I can't fucking win.

Here's hoping that the UFC have a show in Brisbane (or wherever the fuck I end up) when I'm out there.

Well stop fucking moving ye cunt

Crocop vs. Gonzaga 2 in Poland.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/2...el-gonzaga-ii-set-as-main-event-for-poland-in

Jimi Manuwa vs. Jan Blachowicz is the co-main event. That one should be epic.

763db62c114f8a67753cda99d456c0b4.gif

Ill always love you to death Mirko....to the DEATH!!!

Lazyslob

Banned
isnt cro cop doing better in kick boxing? its not like gonzaga is beasting it up or anything. maybe theyll knock each other out with head kicks at the same time. its the best we can hope for

industrian

isnt cro cop doing better in kick boxing? its not like gonzaga is beasting it up or anything. maybe theyll knock each other out with head kicks at the same time. its the best we can hope for

Gonzaga is on a downward spiral at the moment. But nowhere close to the spiral that got him cut (multiple KO losses and the world's most uninspired performance against Schaub). I could see both dudes retiring after this really: Crocop's chance to avenge the biggest loss of his career and Gonzaga returning to the fight that made him famous.

The fight is Gonzaga's to lose though. He's a better MMA fighter than Crocop and has fought higher-level opposition in the last few years.

MrSerrels

I can't fucking win.

Yeah I'm Scottish in Australia as well. I'm actually flying back to see my family this year, but flights ended up being way cheaper in May. Can't justify it. :|

The good news: UFC is apparently planning a big numbered PPV card this year in Melb.

industrian

Yeah I'm Scottish in Australia as well. I'm actually flying back to see my family this year, but flights ended up being way cheaper in May. Can't justify it. :|

The good news: UFC is apparently planning a big numbered PPV card this year in Melb.

I'll definitely be down for seeing a UFC event in Australia. Especially if Mark Hunt will fight on the card.

Enjoy yourself when you go back home. If you're back in time to see the election (May) it should be a fun time. :p

did this guy drop down from heavy weight?
1369903235Krylov.jpg

I think he decided to cut down to LHW after Soa Palelei showed him what a real HW looks like.

He had an embarrassing loss to OSP, but he's a young guy. I think he'll be a big player in the future of the LHW division.

Top Bottom