• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Gumbie

bRJhhiU.png

Needs deal with it glasses floating down.

VoxPop

Holy shit just read the news. Sigh the last person who I thought would be taking it. Hoping it was one time thing for healing his leg. Lol @ Diaz with the weed.

dream

I kind of figured I'd work someone into thinking that was really Ronda, but I didn't think it would be AlphaSnake.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
tell me all you motherfuckers don't buy into slippery George's bullshit

Regardless of whether you're buying what Georges is selling, please recognize he was smart enough to get out while he was ahead and leave his legacy intact.

You are naive for thinking pro athletes in mma or in any pro sport are not on some kind of PEDs.

At this point, it's not about who does PEDs, it's about who gets caught.

There will be new undetectable PEDs soon. Then it will take testing another 1-2 yrs to catch that new type of PED. By then it will be on to the next new hot PED. Victor Conte said it's as simple as changing the molecular compound. It's a vicious cycle but the cheaters are always ahead if the testers.

MjFrancis

It's not about who's clean or not, it's about who gets caught.

This whole situation is hilarious. It's too bad Anderson Silva doesn't have the clout of Jon Jones. It's funny how they completely ignored the cocaine in his system and never even mentioned that the greatest MMA fighter of our era got popped with the testosterone level of an 80 year old man. It's not like he was coming off a cycle or anything, Jon Jones is just that fucking good.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
its time MMA goes back to Japan and we can dispense with this Clean fighters nonsense and revel in the Human Cockfighting at its finest.

wandyripped.gif

We will never have a clean champ homies. We better get accustomed to dirty ass party people fighting for the dough.

Except Georges...I LOVE GEORGIE!!!

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
You are naive for thinking pro athletes in mma or in any pro sport are not on some kind of PEDs.

At this point, it's not about who does PEDs, it's about who gets caught.

There will be new undetectable PEDs soon. Then it will take testing another 1-2 yrs to catch that new type of PED. By then it will be on to the next new hot PED. Victor Conte said it's as simple as changing the molecular compound. It's a vicious cycle but the cheaters are always ahead if the testers.
This may be changing somewhat. Australian scientists have developed a test where any substance that binds to an androgen receptor will become luminous, which could eliminate the need for authorities to identify specific metabolites and have them on a banned list. There are also things like biological passports. Of course, these are both reliant on consistent random testing, which may be a short lived thing in MMA.

FUME5

On a completely unrelated note to the current fuckery going on within the UFC, I finally got around to checking out the trial version of Tank Abbots book.

Holy shit.

It's so bad, I'm tempted to buy the whole thing.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare is going to headline some card held at some time somewhere in Brazil.

*shrug*

iddqd

Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare is going to headline some card held at some time somewhere in Brazil.

*shrug*

You know, I was ready to shit on it but

Welterweight Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare
Lightweight Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Burns
Welterweight Erick Silva vs. Ben Saunders
Lightweight Leonardo Santos vs. Matt Wiman

Sounds pretty fun. Good background noise.

UFC 2015, BACKGROUND NOISE!

industrian

Because it's in Brazil, I imagine the referee will stop the fight and say that Silva won by KO as soon as he lands a single punch against Saunders. But really, that's a winnable fight for Saunders and I will legit lol if he finishes Silva.

Lawler vs. Saunders on the NY card. Believe.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
My head feels great but my stomach feels like Cowboy Cerrone just derailed a hype train.
I'm just choosing to go wild during this particular work week for a variety of reasons. Believe it or not, I didn't have a drink during or after the Super Bowl. I didn't even drink last weekend and won't this weekend either.

scabro

yeah brehs, slippery George St. Pierre only developed a distended belly and gyno mid way through his career because he started doing 2 a days and gymnastics training.

i mean ive got no problem with whatever GSP might or not have done, but lets not place him as this shining beacon of infallibility here because all your heroes are dead and he got out soon enough that he didn't pop.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
yeah brehs, slippery George St. Pierre only developed a distended belly and gyno mid way through his career because he started doing 2 a days and gymnastics training.

i mean ive got no problem with whatever GSP might or not have done, but lets not place him as this shining beacon of infallibility here because all your heroes are dead and he got out soon enough that he didn't pop.
Don't forget the elbow spurs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Shame on you trying to drag the UFC GOAT through the mud.

industrian

blackhouse's 60 year old strength and conditioning coach

B9CCQaRIgAAwQdQ.jpg

lol

im sure andy had NO idea what he was taking

I can't hate on this dude. If it weren't for my blood being jello, I'd definitely be on dat dere celltech when I get older.

But yeah, I wouldn't accept any protein shakes this dude makes.

iddqd

Someone is talking the "100 % clean" list of fighters and is fucking with it.

Who else is one of those "Never in a million years" kinda guy?
You cant even go by look anymore,
Pudgy club members like Shields got popped and Barnett is a multiple offender as well.

I want to listen to the Rogan Podcast where he gets both news.

Top Bottom