• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I give Schaub 2-3 wins before getting a title shot at LHW. Hopefully he has enough faith in his hands to avoid becoming the white Phil Davis.

scabro

That shirt is amazing

shaub is great.

he really does have alot of brain cotton candy left.

how many fighters currently in the ultimate would have had the business acumen to flip the most embarrassing and public moment of your career into a profitable merchandising opportunity?

i mean thats a shirt i would fucking buy

iddqd

I'd pick a Gatekeeper like Bader over Schaub.
I would probably also pick Davis over Schaub, winning 15min of pressing against the fence against him.

This guy lost against half dead Arlovski in a terrible, TERRIBLE fight.

dream

Listen, I may have miscalculated when I told you all to bet on my real life friend Ryan Ford to beat Jon Fitch (I didn't know Fitch was on roids), but I GUARANTEE that Ryan will destroy Yushin Thunder Okami.

industrian

Okami is cutting to welterweight? This I gotta see.

Also: Bellator cut Blagoi Ivanov? Hopefully the UFC pick him up after he wins a few in WSOF.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

VacantFluidHaddock.gif

Silly Melvin, you can't grab Zangief during spinning lariat startup. Everyone knows this. Speaking of Street Fighter.

02f9ca88f590688d91a4ca104924b01f.gif

iddqd

This week has screwed me up,
I watch Michel Prazeres vs. Kevin Lee and all I see is two steroid needles punching (while still getting way to tired).

VoxPop

I really wish they would skim down the roster and get rid of all the one dimensional grapplers and awful strikers who end up getting owned anyway. Especially the ones that struggle to pull guard or take anyone down. This ain't the ADCC.

industrian

At this point I would cut everyone outside the top 20 rankings, and only feature these ranked fighters in main cards. The undercard can be filled with local dudes on "if you win you get another fight" contracts, or a "fight the No. 20 guy and take his place if you win" contract.

VoxPop

At this point I would cut everyone outside the top 20 rankings, and only feature these ranked fighters in main cards. The undercard can be filled with local dudes on "if you win you get another fight" contracts, or a "fight the No. 20 guy and take his place if you win" contract.

Yeah I wanted the UFC to have some kind of feeder league which is what the WEC could have been instead of it just being a haven for the midgets. Only the top 15 or so guys of each weight division should be actually in the UFC. It's really a joke to see two guys struggling to go 3 rounds or laying on their back with their hands behind their heads when this is supposed to be the premiere place for fighters. You could develop some stars by feeding them a whole bunch of cans like your McKenzies and Barnatts. Have the occasional barely ranked but notable fighters like Mir to headline. Having these bums on events (even worse on free TV when casuals would actually watch) is really terrible for the sport. Hell they could even get rid of TUF and have tournaments every week in different weight divisions. You can have guys like Askren come in and dont have to worry about him embarrassing your top welterweights. It would have been a fantastic system for someone like CM Punk to go through. Great place to groom some prospects and let BJJ guys who arent used to getting punched in the face have some practice in the trade.

Great scrap by Holloway though.

It's kind of crazy how just by going up one division, Bendo (who is usually much stronger than his opponent) is clearly lacking the strength in addition to giving up size in general to his opponent.

I mean he's basically fighting as his walk around weight, I'd assume. Thatch probably cuts to make Welter.

VoxPop

Damn Bendo just doesnt have the power to KO anyone and it doesnt help he cant grind out of one of the biggest guys at 170. Not sure how he makes it out alive. Although Bendo looks to have a decent advantage on the mat.

BadAss2961

Damn Bendo just doesnt have the power to KO anyone and it doesnt help he cant grind out of one of the biggest guys at 170. Not sure how he makes it out alive. Although Bendo looks to have a decent advantage on the mat.
We know Bendo is fine in the championship rounds. Don't know about Thatch.

See... Now all Bendo needs is a 5th round takedown to win this fight. lol

Top Bottom