• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
...and the next to get popped for drugs is....

JON FITCH!

Maybe he felt like he needed to fight Paul Harris on an even level.

Someone is talking the "100 % clean" list of fighters and is fucking with it.

Who else is one of those "Never in a million years" kinda guy?
You cant even go by look anymore,
Pudgy club members like Shields got popped and Barnett is a multiple offender as well.

I want to listen to the Rogan Podcast where he gets both news.

Wasn't Shields popped for a diuretic?

And you forgot Timmy Sylvia.

VoxPop

Brawl for All 2.0

I would love the fuck out of it and embrace it.

Hopefully it consists of more wrasslers than MMA guys

Some guys I would love to see participate

Brock
Wade Barrett (probably the only way to get this guy over?)
Big Show
Cesaro
DBry
Old man Kurt Angle
Jack Swagger
JBL
John Cena
Ryback
Sheamus
HHH (one can dream)

scabro

so guess which fighter who was super outspoken against performance enhancing drugs just pissed hot?
“It is a joke,” Fitch told Fight Hub TV in 2013. “This is devised to let guys who have used steroids in their past re-boost their testosterone since they abused their bodies when they were younger. The guys using it, the ones who use the excuse of, ‘I am too old to compete with young guys” – that’s bulls***! I am 35 years old, and I promise, I would and will bet money that my testosterone levels are just as good as a younger fighter. You know why? Because I have not wrecked my body with steroids, never used ANY type of PED and train healthy and properly to compete.”
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/jon-fitch-fails-post-wsof-16-drug-test-faces-fines-and-suspension

eOxKpV9.jpg

Roll with the best #tommychong #nosteroids #allnatural @ CHAMPS Trade Show @ Las Vegas Convention Center http://t.co/r8CfMBMg3Z

— nick diaz (@nickdiaz209) February 5, 2015

So the fight now shows No Contest on Wiki.

Does that mean no one wins? And if Nick had passed would he have gotten a win or it doesn't matter if he smoked up or not as a NC is never a win?

VoxPop

Not sure why they're doing Stun Gun vs Condit again. Condit destroyed him the first time around and I don't see it going much differently unless Condit is a shell of himself after the injury. Stun Gun vs Lombard would have been more interesting. Or even Saffediene.

MM vs Horiguchi is actually a great fight. Horiguchi has looked fantastic and on a tear but I feel its a little bit early to derail that hype train. They should have set MM up against Lineker or something. But then again, flyweight isn't that deep. Only worthwhile matchup for Johnson would be a rematch with Dodson but I have no idea where he's been.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
NEXT UP:
HECTOR LOMBARD

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/10/8014473/nac-hector-lombard-failed-ufc-182-drug-test

Hector Lombard failed his UFC 182 fight night drug test, according to a Nevada Athletic Commission report obtained by MMAFighting.com.

The 37-year-old Lombard tested positive for the anabolic steroid desoxymethyltestosterone, according to the report. Online resource Wikipedia calls the performance-enhancing drug, which is also known as "DMT," "one of the first designer steroids to be marketed as a PED to athletes and bodybuilders."

not Joe Rogan's DMT.

Hector and Silva got popped. Alright no problem as long as Mirko stays clean my MMA soul and spirit will be alive and well. IF he gets popped my dream dies.

scabro

Lol

Can't wait to see what Rogan has to say about this. He's always talking about what a 'freak' athlete Lombard is.

rogan is no dummy, he knew all along. he is a ufc man, he wasnt gonna explain hector's everything through ped's.

Jacare is juicing for sure, Yolo is juicng, Vitor injects his own piss back into himself. most of the division is suspect.
Hector and Silva got popped. Alright no problem as long as Mirko stays clean my MMA soul and spirit will be alive and well. IF he gets popped my dream dies.
lol mirko clean

iddqd

While we are at it, and I know this is dumb, but from the top of my head folks in the 99% jamba juice
- Thales Leites "transformation"
- Gleison Tibau every time
- Team Alpha Male
- Paul Harris
- Every fighter above 35

VoxPop

I wish Mirko was on every chemical known to man if it gave us a LHK ko win.

He hit one in his last "fight" against Ishii defending his pro wrestling strap in the process.

Other than that, its been 8 years. Last one being against a joke of a fighter in Wand. They would need to put him in there with a REAL scrub like Shawn Jordan or Dave Herman for him to have a realistic shot of hitting it. I would actually love to see a Barnett/CroCop 4.

industrian

The way Arvloski easily destroyed no juice Bigfoot... I wouldn't be surprised if Mir takes that W

I see either a devastating KO victory for Bigfoot or a quick sub by Mir. This is a cutlist fight for sure though. Hopefully Mir wins to set up the Brock rubber match on the Thanksgiving/New Year card.

I already accepted Mirko was juiced to the fucking gills while he was crushing cans in Pride. Still love him.

The idea that someone wasn't on gear during PRIDE would be the biggest surprise.

TheChits

Edgar vs. Faber for Fight Night Manila and Khabib vs Cowboy for UFC 187. Excellent fights and Edgar vs Faber is one I've wanted to see for a long time.

industrian

DC vs. Bader

I would have preferred DC vs. Davis and Gus vs. Bader. But if Bader wins this then he's probably the only guy out there that can claim the No. 1 Contender spot. Scary thought.

But really, this is a squash match. DC by KO.

MjFrancis

Ryan Bader is a serviceable gatekeeper at this point. I'd suppose he could take punishment from DC for three rounds rather than getting knocked out.

VoxPop

205 has gone back to being a joke. After Rumble, there's really no one left for Bones. Hope he makes a nice transition to HW. Strange as it sounds, I can see him taking the smaller HWs like Cain but struggling hard against guys like Werdum and Reem.

MjFrancis

I truly hope Jones moves up to HW after Rumble. Do we really want to watch Jon Jones beat the likes of Ryan Bader once or twice a year for the next decade? What kind of career is that?

205 has gone back to being a joke. After Rumble, there's really no one left for Bones. Hope he makes a nice transition to HW. Strange as it sounds, I can see him taking the smaller HWs like Cain but struggling hard against guys like Werdum and Reem.

I think Cain might turn Jones child into an orphan.

industrian

I can see Jones taking a fight at HW after the Rumble fight to give the LHW division some breathing room. If Cain beats Werdum I can see that superfight being heavily pushed (and hopefully Cain doesn't get fucking injured in that situation) but I can envision seeing Jones vs. Schaub arranged for this time next year.

Ryan Bader is a serviceable gatekeeper at this point. I'd suppose he could take punishment from DC for three rounds rather than getting knocked out.

Bader's got a paper mache chin and is too slow for DC. Plus, I feel that DC may have something to prove after the Jones fight and will go for the finish.

Then again, DC may join the list of other dudes who took a while to recover (or never recovered) from getting beat by Jones (Bader himself lost to Tito, Rashad lost to Lil' Nog, Brandon Vera became Brandon Vera, Shogun went on his skid, etc). For all we know, Bader might sneak a split decision.

Top Bottom