• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xUF2eOH.gif

Is Bendo not heel kicking him right in the dick there?

Nah is the lower abs but could technically be called low based on the belt line (if the ref wanted to I guess).

Damn Bendo just doesnt have the power to KO anyone and it doesnt help he cant grind out of one of the biggest guys at 170. Not sure how he makes it out alive. Although Bendo looks to have a decent advantage on the mat.

He has the power but not the technique. He doesn't really throw fluid combos and his biggest punches just don't have the proper mechanics behind them to transfer the power efficiently.

I think this fight will probably help Bendo tremendously. It's been awhile since he's had to focus on timing and technique to see success with grappling and getting guys to the mat. Hopefully he approaches the LW's with the same mindset and we can see him start subbing guys regularly again.

Oscar

Damn, Bendo surprised the hell out of me. He was getting lit up in the first two rounds.

I was listening to Joe Rogan's fight companion at the same time, and Schaub called it: Thatch is gonna gas hard if this gets to the 3rd round and grappling gets involved due to all that muscle he's carrying.

Thatch is still solid. He will learn a lot from this tough loss and come back better. When you think about it, Bendo as your second UFC bout is a tough fucking match. Bendo is champion grade. Original opponent was Wonderboy Thompson IIRC.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In celebration of Bendo's win I went looking for an MMA/Muay Thai gym in Australia.

I found a Church that runs a gym.

It's a sign, brehs, Lawler vs. Bendo on the 4th July weekend.

Rory vs. Bendo probably won't happen unless Rory's intended opponent gets hurt and Bendo is a short notice replacement again.

I'm pretty sure that callout was just Bendo being more aggressive about taking any match, similar to his taking this one. Obviously things change a little bit if he decides to make a run at 170 but even then I think Joe Silva would probably have him fight a few guys a bit lower in the rankings before he'd get a top 5 fight.

industrian

Bendo vs. Erick Silva would be a good one. As would fights against Rick Story and Gunnar Nelson.

But as soon as he fights dudes like Woodley, Kim, and Rory then you're gonna see that size advantage gap.

Oscar

Bendo vs. Erick Silva would be a good one. As would fights against Rick Story and Gunnar Nelson.

But as soon as he fights dudes like Woodley, Kim, and Rory then you're gonna see that size advantage gap.

Thatch is as big as it gets in WW imo (Now that Rumble is gone). 6'2" and swole as shit.

Condit is the same height but doesnt have that much muscle. Woodley is 5'10".

dream

Heel,

I don't think anything has made me more acutely aware of the fact that I have aged than playing Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions.

dream

dream

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions has made me understand why people like Cung Le, Anderson Silva, Jon Fitch, and Royce Gracie use steroids. It's hard dealing with the fact that time has caused you to lose a step. I used to be so good at Geometry Wars. Being an aging legend sucks.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Walk into your nearest anti-ageing clinic and tell the "doctor" that your mind feels cloudy and your reflexes have slowed, and that you have the numbers to prove it.

Walk into your nearest anti-ageing clinic and tell the "doctor" that your mind feels cloudy and your reflexes have slowed, and that you have the numbers to prove it.

And then when you're done getting treatment, piss test yourself and analyze yourself and come to the conclusion that you haven't been doing drugs.

industrian

I had my T-levels checked in 2011 and they were pretty low. But I figure I would have to have given the Taiwanese doctor a fresh cup of milk before I got a prescription for the good shit.

I had the levels checked because I was depressed, gained a lot of weight, was miserable, frustrated, etc.

1. Why is Edgar/Faber being referred to as a super fight? Its cool and all and should be good but how is it any different from any other fight? Cause they're ex-champs? EDIT: Nope that can't be cause Faber wasn't a champ under the Zuffa banner.

2. Why hasn't Anderson's win been turned to a NC yet?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
1. Why is Edgar/Faber being referred to as a super fight? Its cool and all and should be good but how is it any different from any other fight? Cause they're ex-champs? EDIT: Nope that can't be cause Faber wasn't a champ under the Zuffa banner.

2. Why hasn't Anderson's win been turned to a NC yet?

1 Edgar and Faber are still a weight class apart...I think. That's why it's a super fight. That, and like all of Faber's other non-title fights, it'll probably still end up with a #1 contender.

2 Nevada is probably still trying to figure out if they actually have rules against out of competition steroid use

Good news mma brehs, just in time for Anderson's impending hiatus UFC is bringing back Anderson Silva 2.0, Phillipe Nover.

2 Nevada is probably still trying to figure out if they actually have rules against out of competition steroid use
Didn't he fail a 3rd test which was post fight? Or has that not been confirmed yet?

I thought Anderson only failed the pre-fight drug test?

I don't really regard Faber/Frankie as a super fight. I don't consider either top 10 P4P.

I just think they're both just hanging out due to their shallow divisions.

Mendez/Lamas and McGregor/Aldo are booked. Frankie just mopped the floor with Swanson.

And besides Dillashaw and Barao, who else is there? Cruz is on the side lines.

dream

Fucking Heel and his fucking high score games. Go to a fucking arcade and stop fucking up my leaderboards. Fuck.

dream

You know what, you obstinate cunt, I'm going to take a shitload of black market Ritalin and set some unbeatable records just to annoy you every time you look at your leaderboards.

Top Bottom