• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Dysun

814128417.gif

iddqd

Shields is the succubus of the UFC, able to suck the energy out of every fight he is in and do it without giving or receiving damage.

Why the fuck did they think Shields/Maia would be a good main event anyway? Silva can be a dumb fuck some (most) of the time.

Also Thiago and Hammil should both be cut for their pitiful performance. Especially Silva. Shit was embarassing and gives the UFC a bad name when you show up fat and gas after a half a round in the co-main event.

On the bright side, Fabio is my new favorite fighter. Give the guy a title shot. Or at least make him Gus' next tune up fight.

This season of TUF is really showing off which women have been doing mma for years, and which seem to have picked it up within the last couple of years like it was the latest crossfit craze (jessamyn)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

It took him that long to KO someone that it had to be as spectacular as that. I figure that we need to see Kim vs. Maia 2 in order to redeem that "rib injury" stoppage now.

Silva's train got derailed like a motherfucker.

industrian

What the fuck?! I missed out on my Sherdog picks?! Dammit.

But I guess no-one plays that shit anymore except me.

Ive started to like Shields. I think Ive gone a bit insane.

Ever since he got popped by a very good GSP jab he licked his own blood and said :" Come on baby!" I started to like him.

jake-shields-mackin.gif

industrian

I'm confident Erick Silva will be able to climb out of this. There's a lot of doom and gloom motherfuckers up in this thread.

So far his high point has been his spirited defeat to Jon Fitch. No-one saw this KO coming - worst case scenario was that he got out-muscled to a 30-27 - but it is what it is. He's got a lot of potential, but I can see the UFC putting him on a slow-burn development path now.

If Kim is to get a further push from his three win streak then how about Shields? Or maybe a rematch with Maia.

Erick Silva however is going to the back of the pile. Expect him to fight Nick Catone or Amir Sadollah on the next Brazilian FX card's prelims.

MjFrancis

Erick Silva will definitely be at the bottom of the pile, just as Kim Dong-Hyun was after losing to Demian Maia. So he's potentially got two matched with unranked scrubs before he gets to face another gatekeeper. I don't doubt that he'll be able to pull himself out of this mess.

muddream

Banned
Erick Silva is the scariest can crusher I've ever seen in MMA, he's just gasses like Overeem in the 2nd because he's all-twitch and constantly goes for the finish. Not even Wanderlei looked as dominant beating up pro wrestlers as Erick does against undercard "talent".

The only way this sport can get out of its current slump are radical rule chance that favor dynamic fighters like him instead of grinder turds like Jake Shields. One ten minute round, 5 minute overtime in close fights. Scoring based on damage & aggression instead of positioning. Knees & soccerkicks to grounded opponents. Possibly make fencegrabbing legal and add a Tank Abbott appreciation rule so that you can win by throwing your opponent out of the cage.

Hex

Banned
Fence grab rule as it is is dumb.
It only takes once to make a pretty big difference, so if you are only going to warn a person the first time or two just make it legal and have fighters adapt.

VoxPop

hey guys, im trying to let some winnings ride on parlays but I'm getting invalid bet

any betting aficianados know what the issue is? I'm guessing you can't stack prop bets?

PXobgwA.png

J2VsF1V.png

Word going around is that Paul Harris may be banned from the UFC for life.

Heel

Not that it's any excuse, but I genuinely believe he isn't doing it out of spite. That dude just ain't right in the head.

Top Bottom