• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm glad she lost so all this crap can go away and she can resume her life as a can no different from any other can.

I'm glad she lost so all this crap can go away and she can resume her life as a can no different from any other can.
Seriously. She's like 38 years old for fuck's sake and is like 3-1. If no one had ever found out that she was trans she'd just be in the scrap heap with the rest of the mangled aluminum.

Heel

Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting

v2hsUol.gif

Joe Silver, truly a master of his craft.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm completely unenthused by the idea of going home and watching The Walking Dead. I'm actually more excited to see my homie Jon Taffer go HAM on some shitty bar owner. That will be the highlight of my weekend.

:(

ShaneB

Totally forgot Walking Dead was back tonight. Bah, I'm still entrenched in Breaking Bad. And yes, Bar Rescue is better than Walking Dead anyway
3AQmK.gif

Hey MMA-GAF, some Gracies (Daniel & Rolles, I think) just showed up at the New Japan PPV and challenged anyone to face them at the big annual Tokyo Dome show on January 4th;

inzBl15YM549.jpg

They're ringside watching Kazushi Sakuraba wrestle Yuji Nagata at the moment. I'm guessing it'll be The Gracies vs Laughter7 (Sakuraba & Shibata) at the Tokyo Dome. *edit, scratch that, it's The Gracies vs Nagata & Sakuraba!

muddream

Banned
Obligatory
gracieko.gif

Since nobody reads the Glory thread: Heel, you really think Joop is a good ref? He's up there with Kakuda in terms of refs that wish they were the main attraction and giving Ghita an 8 count after getting slammed on his shoulder by Saki was worse than any of the stuff that happened in Chicago. The Japanese refs Glory uses have been flawless, wish they traveled.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm completely unenthused by the idea of going home and watching The Walking Dead. I'm actually more excited to see my homie Jon Taffer go HAM on some shitty bar owner. That will be the highlight of my weekend.

:(

I totally forgot about the premiere. In there

VoxPop

Hey MMA-GAF, some Gracies (Daniel & Rolles, I think) just showed up at the New Japan PPV and challenged anyone to face them at the big annual Tokyo Dome show on January 4th;

inzBl15YM549.jpg

They're ringside watching Kazushi Sakuraba wrestle Yuji Nagata at the moment. I'm guessing it'll be The Gracies vs Laughter7 (Sakuraba & Shibata) at the Tokyo Dome. *edit, scratch that, it's The Gracies vs Nagata & Sakuraba!

Oh god, more of that Pride pro wrassling bs. Let it die already.

dream

Saku vs. the Gracie clan was the ultimate pro wrestling feud anyway, VoxPop. I would pay $60 to watch Rickson wrestle Saku.

VoxPop

Saku vs. the Gracie clan was the ultimate pro wrestling feud anyway, VoxPop. I would pay $60 to watch Rickson wrestle Saku.

I'm all for a real fight or grappling match between the two. But a pro wrestling match has about generates about 1/10th of the interest as those would. Pro wrestling will always have a place in my heart but watching 15 minutes of a DVR'd Raw brings me back to earth every time.

Just put in my bets for 166

Dodson + Cormier + Melendez + Cain (by decision)

Dodson + Cormier + Melendez + JDS (by TKO/KO) hedge bet

Cain (by unanimous decision) prop bet

First time betting on favorites. Will most definitely end up in disaster.

Heel

lol

inzBl15YM549.jpg

Will watch. I wish IGF's Bob Sapp insanity got aired.

Obligatory
gracieko.gif

Since nobody reads the Glory thread: Heel, you really think Joop is a good ref? He's up there with Kakuda in terms of refs that wish they were the main attraction and giving Ghita an 8 count after getting slammed on his shoulder by Saki was worse than any of the stuff that happened in Chicago. The Japanese refs Glory uses have been flawless, wish they traveled.

Joop has his moments, but he'll let someone do a solo samba performance and still keep the fight going.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I have no motivation to watch The Walking Dead anymore. It's an average show with terrible characters and there's simply too much good tv nowadays for me to go out of my way to watch it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have no motivation to watch The Walking Dead anymore. It's an average show with terrible characters and there's simply too much good tv nowadays for me to go out of my way to watch it.

My problem is that there's no end in sight. It feels like a show that's going to drag on until eventually everyone stops watching and it gets cancelled on a cliffhanger like Heroes.

It never was about zombies. It's always been about the people and how they react to the world and to each other. The Zombies are just the vehicle used to make the world a harsh and unforgiving place.

This.

Zombies are the least threatening things in the series outside of a herd. The series has always been more about "death" since its all around them.

Dysun

Not enough likable characters to carry the show, Rick and Daryl are alright but half the time isn't even focused on them. At least when Shane was around they had another challenger to bounce off Rick

Rur0ni

It never was about zombies. It's always been about the people and how they react to the world and to each other. The Zombies are just the vehicle used to make the world a harsh and unforgiving place.

This.

Zombies are the least threatening things in the series outside of a herd. The series has always been more about "death" since its all around them.
Indeed. I enjoy it, even the farm.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I was intending to get into TWD, but it seems like one of those shows they will drag on forever, like Dexter.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I mean, I know, but I just stopped caring after how season 2 went.

Dysun

Should be more than 1700 fans willing to pay for Eddie vs Chandler 2, and leave before the can crushing legacy match I would think

VoxPop

When I bought my ticket last week I was able to get a really good seat so that's not surprising. And yeah I'm going for Chandler/Alvarez myself.

EDIT: now Kongo is on the card? lol

officially awesome.

I personally think its a PPV quality card. Its kinda sad that Chandler and Alvarez are co maining to Rampage and Tito though. Should be a night full of fun scraps.

Top Bottom