• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Jones is saying his contenders don't earn their title shots against him. Lets break it down..

Gus earns a shot based on win against Shogun and at time of statement would've earned a rematch off Lil Nog
Chael earns shot based on win against Bisping
Belfort earns shot based on win against Rumble Johnson
Rashad Evans earns shot based on Phil Davis
Machida earns shot based on Randy Couture
Rampage earns shot based on Matt Hammill

He wants the contenders to thin themselves out? It's better for his legacy to beat as many of these guys as possible, but whatever. I don't care about him being a snitch or a hypocrite but this shit about not wanting to fight guys pisses me the fuck off.

He's saying he wants tougher competition and to fight guys that have earned their way to him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jones' whole title scene was fucked by people ducking, UFC cancelling an entire PPV, gifting Chael a title shot and other general shenanigans.

Heel

That's what happens when you clean out a division. Joe Silver is doing the best with what he's got in that house of cards division. Look at who Jones has beaten and who is left and you'll see Joe is living an upset away from shit like UFC 178: Jones vs. Bader II.

i come in peace.

looking for feedback on the UFC 167 title. possible ones:

|OT| Batroc The Roider
|OT| One on One with the Ruthless One
|OT| Celebrating 20 years of Pancrase
|OT| The Decisioning of Hendricks by the Coward GSP
|OT| It was supposed to have alligators around the cage

12-0 with his biggest win over Lil Nog who Jones just dissed in the article.

Who back then was on a 7 fight win streak and at the time having the Noguiera name didnt hurt either.

i come in peace.

|OT| Batroc The Roider

You're so close with your first one, playboy. You gotta use Batroc the Sleeper.

Heel

Yeah, Bader had not yet been made a victim of The MMA Rear-View Mirror. If I'm remembering right he was only a small underdog against Jones.

Jones had a legit build and a lot of hype behind him, starting sometime around that Bonnar win / elbow.

i come in peace.

|OT| Batroc The Roider

Isn't Boogie making that thread?

Heel

Jon Jones knows he's the champion right? Fucking lol, you fight the top guys dumbass

ie6gxLnIZNkd5.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm not about to listen to any argument that says Ryan Bader was ever a legit threat. Good day to you, playboys.

Yeah but I think he was gifted the title shot against Shogun. He got it on such short notice. So the conditions he got it under was a little dubious. Though I'll give him credit, he'll have beaten everyone in the division after he fights Glover (well see if DC can get down to LHW).

I think Gus would take DC out. I haven't really been that impressed with DC since the Barnett fight, and he might be a bit too undersized to beat Jones using wrestling. If Jones had issues taking Gus down than so does DC. I would like to see him fight Evans to see how well he can wrestle at 205.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Friends, I legit didn't know there was a UFC card tomorrow. I only found out because I left the tv on after Champions League Futbol and the weigh-ins are on now. That card is axstv-quality.

So is Saturday's outside of the main event.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Friends, I legit didn't know there was a UFC card tomorrow. I only found out because I left the tv on after Champions League Futbol and the weigh-ins are on now. That card is axstv-quality.

I legit had no idea there was a card Saturday or that Hendo and ViTRTor were fighting.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Oh my. Friends. Your boy Grim just got a chance to rev his engine up. Spent two hours doing random mma miscelany thanks to my first kickboxing coach. Rolled and sparred. .. I dont even know what endorphins i got in my blood right now. I was invited to come back. And im doing it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm not a fan of the Hendo/Vitor matchup, it's setup to make someone fail either way.

If Vitor wins, Hendo likely gets cut.

If Hendo wins, Vitor's train gets derailed.

Course there is a chance either guy could get a title shot for winning, but that remains to be seen and I don't see it happening when Vitor already bombs Dana's twitter begging for fights and Dana has been soured on Dan since his injury around the time he was going to fight Jones.

That card is axstv-quality.

I'm ignorant and dumb as hell. What does this mean?

I didn't know there was a Fight Night on until my newsfeed blew up with weigh-in information.

Also Hunt vs Bigfoot is happening in my hometown (Brisbane, Australia), but the tickets are ridiculously expensive ($200ish AUD)... So yeah, no thanks.

TheChits

Oh my. Friends. Your boy Grim just got a chance to rev his engine up. Spent two hours doing random mma miscelany thanks to my first kickboxing coach. Rolled and sparred. .. I dont even know what endorphins i got in my blood right now. I was invited to come back. And im doing it.

good man
42Q5P0J.gif

Good shit. I've been doing MMA for about 5 months now and it's the most challenging and awarding thing I've ever done outside of work. Coupled with no-gi BJJ and Muay Thai, it's like constantly putting your body in a blender.

If you're gonna keep sparring though, make sure you have a fitted mouthguard. Shit will save your teefs. We had one guy with an ill-fitting guard accidentally spit it out during a spar, took a hook and knocked two of his teeth out.

Dysun

Shittiest ultimate card ever

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Good shit. I've been doing MMA for about 5 months now and it's the most challenging and awarding thing I've ever done outside of work. Coupled with no-gi BJJ and Muay Thai, it's like constantly putting your body in a blender.

If you're gonna keep sparring though, make sure you have a fitted mouthguard. Shit will save your teefs. We had one guy with an ill-fitting guard accidentally spit it out during a spar, took a hook and knocked two of his teeth out.

Thank you friend. I will take it into consideration

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ignorant and dumb as hell. What does this mean?

I didn't know there was a Fight Night on until my newsfeed blew up with weigh-in information.

Also Hunt vs Bigfoot is happening in my hometown (Brisbane, Australia), but the tickets are ridiculously expensive ($200ish AUD)... So yeah, no thanks.
UFC knows they can gouge the market here. The cards have been getting less stacked as well, first AU event had a lot of names: Cro-Cop, Wand, Bisping, Cain, Big Nog.

Top Bottom