• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

TheChits

Not every day you see the WEC cage brought out of retirement because they can't fit the normal UFC octagon.

No, really. They did that.

I wish they would always use the wec cage

edit: just cause
GM9tE.gif

That documentary was fantastic. For a newbie like me, it was very educational. Some of the glory days of the LHW vets were astounding.

I think he's kind of like Faber, in that he'll beat pretty much everyone and have exciting fights but will never get past Barao/Cruz. Unlike Faber, he's still got his youth though.

Damn shame if he beats Faber. Faber was one of the first MMA fights I ever saw and I'm a huge fan of both him and the, unfortunately titled, Team Alpha Male group.

Friends, I just got this and it's about as good as a non-mechanical keyboard gets.

Take your posting to the next level!

I would very much like to be good pals with those peripherals!

Just saw the Green/Krauss fight. Krauss got fucked big time if McCarthy's call to give the fight to Green stands. Not only is it clear that Green kicked Krauss in the groin for a 3rd time but I went back to confirm my suspicion that you can hear the cup being popped and you can. Rare terrible call from McCarthy on this one.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
They're showing The Pacific on HBO Taiwan now.

I've never watched it before, quite a good show so far.

my gawd the chris holdsworth rear naked was textbook black belt jiu jitsu. the other dude had his chin tucked in but chris's elbow was perfectly centered which is black belt shit. the other guy can have his chin under the elbow but if you keep the elbow centered and keep squeezing the chin will eventually pop out and you'll get the choke. amazing stuff.

muddream

Banned
So happy that Yolo Romero put a gruesome end to Honey Mark's grinding streak, shame he picked up MMA at the twilight of his athletic career. His striking and budo are already ahead of the level where mediocre Rashad Evans type athletes plateau.

Really illustrates just how far off the Ultimate Joes are from being the actual best athletes in the world. It's one thing for a <155 lbs sideshow to do flashy stuff without tripping over his little feet, but seeing a 200+ lbs man move like that in the cage was truly something to behold.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
lol, just saw Badr Hari KO some small dude with a body shot. Eurosport with some K1 rerun from probably a few years ago.

So happy that Yolo Romero put a gruesome end to Honey Mark's grinding streak, shame he picked up MMA at the twilight of his athletic career. His striking and budo are already ahead of the level where mediocre Rashad Evans type athletes plateau.

Really illustrates just how far off the Ultimate Joes are from being the actual best athletes in the world. It's one thing for a <155 lbs sideshow to do flashy stuff without tripping over his little feet, but seeing a 200+ lbs man move like that in the cage was truly something to behold.

Unbelievable! The way he powered out of the Kimuras and the precision of his left hand. Shame to see him be already 36 years old. What a monster!

Heel

Is Hari going MMA?

Bones is back in Mother Russia making a paid appearance for the LEGEND 2 card on Friday.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Alexey Oleynik - (MMA)
Semifinalist #1 vs. Semifinalist #2 - Tournament Final (Kickboxing)
Badr Hari vs. Alexey Ignashov - (Kickboxing)
Paul Daley vs. Alexander Yakoklev - (MMA)
Sahak Parparyan vs. Pavel Zhuravlev - Tourney Semifinal #1 (Kickboxing)
Zabit Samedov vs. Melvin Manhoef - Tourney Semifinal #2 (Kickboxing)

This card is nuts.

WhCJnnO.jpg

VoxPop

Bones is back in Mother Russia making a paid appearance for the LEGEND 2 card on Friday.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Alexey Oleynik - (MMA)
Semifinalist #1 vs. Semifinalist #2 - Tournament Final (Kickboxing)
Badr Hari vs. Alexey Ignashov - (Kickboxing)
Paul Daley vs. Alexander Yakoklev - (MMA)
Sahak Parparyan vs. Pavel Zhuravlev - Tourney Semifinal #1 (Kickboxing)
Zabit Samedov vs. Melvin Manhoef - Tourney Semifinal #2 (Kickboxing)

This card is nuts.

WhCJnnO.jpg

Wow that looks legendary. Fitting name.

Would love to see Bones at HW. Seems to fit right in there and towers over someone like CroCop. Mir in a kickboxing match with Hari would also be laughably good.

Umm, so I'm in South Korea at the moment. Anyone know of any good reliable VPN services I can use while I'm here?

Saw a promo for GSP/Hendricks on one of the few English channels here. At least all the events will be free :p

Heel

Bellator 106 had 4,189 tickets sold, with 5,855 tickets going unsold, according to information received by MMAWeekly.com from the California Department of Consumer Affairs on Thursday.

Of the total amount of tickets printed for consumers, 2,407 were complimentary, which represented over 36 percent of those in attendance.

The total attendance, including purchased and complimentary tickets, was 6,596.

The report goes on to state that the estimated gate was roughly $350,000.

The final disclosed payroll for the card was $551,500.

augNzdy.png

ShaneB

That Bellator news makes me sad.

I think tonight I'll watch 2 guns, and then the UFC 20th doc that aired. Sounds fun to me. edit: Or maybe The Princess Bride finally after having just finished the book.

Heel

At this point it's hard to deny that NHB legend and YAMMA pit veteran Alexey Olenik is ready for a run in the Ultimate. He's subbed Jeff Monson, Dion Staring, Cro Cop and O.G. Tony Lopez in 2013.

Joe Silver, make that call.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Murko should have packed it up after gonzaga put a foot through his brain matter but apparently he erased any good sense left in there..along with his childhood. How you get reverse crippler crossfaced IRL ?

MjFrancis

Poor Cro Cop. How far the mighty have fallen. Or as the more cynical in this thread may say, how much more thoroughly can you crush a can than this?

Top Bottom