• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

I'm just waiting for Kongo to get KTFO

Bellator needs to quit trying to compete with the UFC. It will never win just by the name alone, all sport leagues are are named with 3 simple letters. NFL, NBA, NHL...WWE, WCW and UFC. Who the hell is gonna say let's go watch Bellator? Just doesn't roll off the tounge. They need to either concentrate on being a bush league or change up the format and add something different like a ring for starters.

The HW talent pool is getting worse and worse. These new HW fighters are terrible and devolved. I refuse to believe that these new HWs are on the level of a prime Severn, Randelman, Coleman etc. I am talking about most HWs not in the top 10 of the UFC. I doubt Shawn Jordan can beat a prime Randelman

Kongo is one handsome man. (No homo)

Heel

Kongo exposing the danger of using UFC rejects as enhancement talent. Bjork better pray he doesn't grind one of these Russians for 25 minutes.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
At this point it's hard to deny that NHB legend and YAMMA pit veteran Alexey Olenik is ready for a run in the Ultimate. He's subbed Jeff Monson, Dion Staring, Cro Cop and O.G. Tony Lopez in 2013.

Joe Silver, make that call.

That rematch with Chael Sonnen has been a long time comin'...

...but an opening round matchup in the next Bellator HW tournament with Ron Sparks is a better prediction to make.

Just cancelled my XB1 and PS4 preorders. Feels bad man. But I'm just not ready for next gen right now.

You made the right choice. Wait until:

1) that next-gen fever fully sweats itself out of your brain & body
2) the bugs get worked out of the system and online
3) there's actually games for them
4) there's a must-have exclusive game for either one
5) price cut
6) why in the fuck are you getting both?

I'm tempted to get a PS4 - they launch here on 18 December at US$440 - but I'm just getting a SSD for my laptop instead. I was going to build a new PC with a 4770k, but I decided to wait for Haswell-E. The PS4 becomes an option when the top five above are met.

Brian Ebertroll got his back waxed on Inside MMA tonight. yep.

He was at my gym in Taipei a few weeks ago doing some promos and such. I had the flu that week :/

muddream

Banned
Since we're in an era of 8 year console cycles, I don't see the point in day one purchases...especially with those game lineups. I'll probably get a PS4 as soon as Gaikai's up and running as intended, Xbone - unless there are drastic changes - at the end of the generation to catch up on the few worthwhile exclusives.

industrian

8 years...

If Sony and MS are lucky this gen will last for three years. The tech is too old, will be mastered quickly by engineers, and mobile tech is going to grow exponentially. And that's without factoring in the fundamental shifts in mainstream gaming behaviour, demographics and demands.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Not sure if I'll keep or flip my PS4 preorder.

But I actually started gaming again and having fun with it, so excitement is going up.

Crocrop stahp pls.

I just won a PS4 from Taco Bell. :)

ibeQgHyTWl4D66.png

Sweet! Congrats.

MjFrancis

These 185ers are fucking huge. Gotta be over 210 right now.
Yoel Romero v. Ronny Markes? Yes, those cats were huge.

Last Wednesday's card was great to see. A man named Yancy knocked a guy out, the bearded Chiesa beat the favorite Colton Smith, Alexis Davis proved that the women's 135 is still better than the men's 135 and Tim Kennedy heard Dana White's criticism loud and clear and is showing a little character so that I give a shit if he wins or not (and then backs it up in the octagon).

It was a great free card.

And the WEC cage is awesome.

VoxPop

Lol watching the fights on TV here at 10AM in Korea.

Awesome head kick counter by Stephens. Would love to see all the Brazilians fall tonight aside from Vitor.

ViTRTor x Anderson 2 sounds like a juicy matchup

Could definitely see it filling a Brazilian soccer stadium for a great atmosphere and heated event

Him destroying Weidman sounds good too

VoxPop

Doesn't Wand want to fight Vitor? What happened to that little fued?

Kinda pointless at this point since Wand is pretty much a can and has no value aside from getting punched in the face. It would only lower Vitor's stock. Sonnen will beat him into obscurity soon enough. People really only wanted that fight to see Vitor obliterate him again.

Vitor is surely in line for a title shot if he gets the win today. Hendo Wand 3 sounds more probable if he isn't cut after a Vitor loss or maybe even Wand Khalidov / Wand Bisping 2

This event has had more crowd quieting moments in it than any other Brazilian held event I've ever seen. Pretty crazy.

Edit: Damn this event is moving at a crazy pace. Thiago Silva tapping to strikes. Wonder if his rib was broken on that one...

TheChits

This event has had more crowd quieting moments in it than any other Brazilian held event I've ever seen. Pretty crazy.

Edit: Damn this event is moving at a crazy pace. Thiago Silva tapping to strikes. Wonder if his rib was broken on that one...

I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case

VoxPop

I dont get why they would think putting 2 scrub brazilians in the co main was a good idea. You know it was terrible if you're getting boo'd by your own countrymen. Should've just been Feijao or hell even Paulo Thiago.

Not sure how this fight is going to end up. Hendo has the ironest of iron chins so either hes going to get pummeled as usual for 5 rounds, get subbed, or ktfo Vitor.

edit: holy shit lmao

can't tell if it was an early stoppage or not but what a great win for vitor

i dont understand why hendo completely abandoned his wrestling roots and is always going super 1 dimensional winging those slow H Bombs

Hyped for new TRT invigorated Vitor against Anderson/Weidman

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Father Time has claimed Hendo. Thank You Hendo, you are the greatest American MMA fighter ever and the real Captain America (Randy Couture is an overrated bum).

This is depressing as hell, terrible idea for a match up with Vitor. That Shogun fight really took everything out of him. At least they can do Shogun Hendo 2 double retirement fight.

Now they must seperate Machida and Vitor and keep them as contenders on different paths. I am sure Vitor is getting a title shit now and Lyoto is a good 1 win away. Possibly match him up with Weidman if he loses to Silver.

industrian

This is depressing as hell, terrible idea for a match up with Vitor. That Shogun fight really took everything out of him. At least they can do Shogun Hendo 2 double retirement fight.

This was the last fight on Hendo's contract. He's old, on a losing streak, and obviously not fit for purpose in the higher echelons of the UFC's LHW or MW divisions.

So Hendo's either getting crushed by Tyrone in WSOF or crushing M'Pumbu in the opening round of Bellator's LHW tournament. Either way, he himself has said he only has "a year or two" left in the sport.

VoxPop

This was the last fight on Hendo's contract. He's old, on a losing streak, and obviously not fit for purpose in the higher echelons of the UFC's LHW or MW divisions.

So Hendo's either getting crushed by Tyrone in WSOF or crushing M'Pumbu in the opening round of Bellator's LHW tournament. Either way, he himself has said he only has "a year or two" left in the sport.

He had a great run. Not many can stay in the upper tier of the division at 43 years of age. He properly crushed all the cans he fought minus Shields. It's too bad we never got to see Bones x Hendo as much of a massacre that would have been. ***** vs Hendo sounds fun though. I think he'd end up in Bellator though. He could probably rack up a few wins over guys like Newton, Mo, Rampage, Tito, and Vegh before retiring for good.

industrian

I still hold Hendo in a much higher regard than Fedor.

And a run in Bellator would be the easiest way for him to retire with a belt, but staying on Dana's good side is probably better for his retirement prospects. Even if Dana could potentially spin that into "UFC cast-off destroyed their entire division" positive - but we'll see how Dana reacts when Kongo 50-45s Volkov/Minakov first.

I hope he doesn't go to Bellatour. Would rather see him fight in WSOF or one of those Asian orgs. Something just seems very "off" seeing old UFC fighters in that ghetto Bellator cage. Maybe go on the legend circuit and fight Cro Cop or Arlovski

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Kinda pointless at this point since Wand is pretty much a can and has no value aside from getting punched in the face. It would only lower Vitor's stock. Sonnen will beat him into obscurity soon enough. People really only wanted that fight to see Vitor obliterate him again.

Vitor is surely in line for a title shot if he gets the win today. Hendo Wand 3 sounds more probable if he isn't cut after a Vitor loss or maybe even Wand Khalidov / Wand Bisping 2

Bro what is your irrational hard on for Wand?

VoxPop

Bro what is your irrational hard on for Wand?

Never liked him as a person. This new fake good guy persona he puts up. He made a career of being a complete prick back in Pride with Chute Boxe starting fights backstage (and in the ring), getting KO'd by Krazy Horse, his tranny operation, and now all of his nonsense with Sonnen.

He was highly overrated as a fighter as well with his heavy record padding. He had some good wins ( Rampage x2, Saku x3, Mezger) but in no way did I ever consider him the top 205er in the world like many others did. Arona should have took that strap off his roided body (twice). Not to mention he got ktfo by anyone halfway decent and some not (Leben, CroCop).

He got what was coming to him already but would love to see a few more beatings come his way.

But that's just my opinion.

industrian

Is Vitor supposed to fight Weidman in the USA? I thought the commissions wouldn't give him a TRT exception?

California have 86'd all TRT exemptions and Kizer said he wouldn't be given an exemption in Nevada. No idea about the other states.

That and (I assume) Belfort can always fight in Canada. There was an undisclosed TRT exemption in UFC 152 which was probably Belfort.

That and lets see the potential outcomes here:

Anderson beats Weidman: demands to fight in Brazil next. Anderson vs. Belfort 2 in a soccer stadium.
Weidman beats Anderson: maybe Weidman would want to fight closer to home. Toronto, Montreal or possibly New Jersey could host Weidman vs. Belfort.
Fight 100% has to take place in Vegas (due to Vegas demanding it - for their mandated "Fight Week" in July): Politics/money/influence will make Kizer and the athletic commision fall in line.

Top Bottom