• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

iOCxB89qilnTL.jpg

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Beginning to think that Roidfort would starch pretty much everyone at 205 and under. I'd pick the top 5 at LHW against him, maybe the winners of Silva/Weidman and Machida/Mousasi. Dude's fighting like he's on the space steroids they give the Spartans in Halo. He has faster reflexes now than he did when he was 20.

Rur0ni

Beginning to think that Roidfort would starch pretty much everyone at 205 and under. I'd pick the top 5 at LHW against him, maybe the winners of Silva/Weidman and Machida/Mousasi. Dude's fighting like he's on the space steroids they give the Spartans in Halo. He has faster reflexes now than he did when he was 20.
I think he would dust just about anyone. He's only lost to Silva via surprise front kick, and physically gifted young Jones. Not sure about Gus, I need to see more of him before weighing in on that. I know Gus can handle Jones, that type of fighter. But Vitor is just so aggressive.

And this Glover guy, who among us was hyping this guy up? Has looked like shit since he's been in the UFC.

Heel

Let's look back at the whole Glover/Shogun fiasco and see who was right all along. Fast forward a year or two: Glover is getting a UFC title shot, Shogun will be lucky to not get knocked unconscious by "James TeHuna"

sabu.png

Rur0ni

Let's look back at the whole Glover/Shogun fiasco and see who was right all along. Fast forward a year or two: Glover is getting a UFC title shot, Shogun will be lucky to not get knocked unconscious by "James TeHuna"

sabu.png
You say title shot like it means anything in this organization. Come now, Brother Heel.

sabu.png

Because there was no one left. Bones vs Glover is a true squash match.

Heel

You say title shot like it means anything in this organization. Come now, Brother Heel.

Because there was no one left. Bones vs Glover is a true squash match.

I'm not saying he's earned it, I'm pointing out their polar opposite career paths since I made the then bold claim that 34 year old blue chip prospect Glover Teixera would separate Shogun Rua from the conscious world if given the chance. History has shown that bold claim holds true both then and now. Since then, Shogun stated he would rather leave the UFC than fight Glover, and looked like an absolute Joe against Brandon Vera. That was always the crux of the argument.

GSP has nothing left to prove and only things to loose if he keeps going.

He beat Hughes and Penn 2 times for christs sake. All the other challengers proved to be not so worthy challengers.

Would have been interesting to see him fight Nick when he was riding on that winning streak.

He will decision Hendricks and then...what then? Retire Georgy boy...
Ronald MacDonald? Hes not ready for George...

ShaneB

You're not appreciating Georgies fighting skills? You are insane. You might be Ric Flair insane...

Dominance gets boring after a while. The division needs a major shake up besides "who is going to fight GSP next?!" and "well he's good, but GSP would beat him"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lolololo

Pettis is out v Thomson.

UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has been forced out of his title defense Dec. 14 on FOX due to an injury. His fight with Josh Thomson has been postponed.

The flyweight title fight rematch between Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez has now been moved to Dec. 14. It was originally slated to be the main event of the TUF Finale on Nov. 30. It will now serve as the FOX 9 main event in Benavidez' hometown of Sacramento.

Gray Maynard and Nate Diaz will now headline the 11/30 card in a three-round lightweight contest.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Fucking Pettis. Everyone should have seen this coming.

Say what you want about Bendo: when was the last time he got injured and had to back out of a fight?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
It takes a special kind of fighter to lose to a wall. By doctor stoppage no less.

Cut Jason. Sign the wall. Aldo vs. Wall in a soccer stadium. Book it.
It'd be the MMA equivalent of Buakaw vs Banana Tree.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
GSP's aim now is probably to top Anderson's record for title defences and then retire.

But at the same time, there's no real roadmap whatsoever for the Welterweight division. As in: who's the number one contender after Johny Kosdricks gets jabbed to a 50-44?

The winner of Condit/Brown is pretty much the only standout No. 1 Contender fight right now. And excluding this matchup there's a bunch of potentials right now in the division but nothing decisive:

Saffy, Kim, Shields, Lawler, Lombard... the UFC needs to mix & match these guys ASAP to keep GSP busy.

Top Bottom