• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Yaari

11817259_10153014493341643_531552985339577570_n.jpg

«Yesterday I was sitting in my wheelchair in Kislovodsk city park with a tablet “Raising funds for a dream”. Well, of course I have a dream. There were a lot of people passing by. Someone left me some change, the others – no. Then I noticed a man with a teen-age girl coming from my back.

The girl, she was about 16-17 years old, came up to me and gave me some money. The man was standing nearby. He was keeping silence and just watching at me. When I looked at him, I thought that I was delusional or had a hallucination.

It was Fedor Emelianenko.

I became completely numb and could say only: “You look like Fedor Emelianenko so much”. He smiled to me and they continued walking further. Only couple of minutes later it hit me that I’d just met the real Fedor! You can only imagine how sorry I was for being so clumsy. I watched all his fights, how he was fighting for Russia. The World Champion was near me and I didn’t even ask him for an autograph! I was about to start crying, but then decided that if there is a God, he will help me to meet Fedor once more.

After some time passed, I noticed they were walking back on the same road. Fedor looked at me. I prepared to turn on my wheelchair and ride to him, but instead he came up to me.

I asked: “Could you please give me your autograph? Or nobody would believe that I met you!”
He answered: “Let’s better make a photo”
I said: “You know, I have no camera, only the old phone. But I don’t know how to use it, I do only calls”.

He took my phone and passed it to the girl – the same girl who gave me money before. As I found out that was his daughter Maria. She made a picture of us. Then Fedor signed me an autograph and wrote many good words to me. I coulkd feel such a huge kindness coming from this person. Not a single piece of arrogance or selfishness. He was like a Russian hero from the old fairy-tales: like a Bogatyr.

The person with a kindness in his eyes and soul. I was so amazed that he had been so humble, just walking in the park with his daughter and came up to me. The strongest person on the Planet – the Last Emperror».

© By Yana Karakyanova, Kislovodsk city, Russia. August 10th, 2015

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Tim Kennedy firing coming up in 3...2...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...more-than-whole-ufc-fn73-card-in-sponsorships

"Where the sport is now, it's horrible, tragic, and pathetic," he said (h/t MMAMania.com for the transcription). "Glover just fought OSP, right? The entire Reebok payout was $100,000 or something? All, every athlete on the entire UFC card that night. I made more sponsorship money in Strikeforce than every single athlete on that card that night. In one fight!"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I feel bad for Punk getting stiffed on his title fight due to Pettis being fragile.

He'll be a good addition to the Bellator LW division. I'd like to see him fight Mike Chandler in his first fight.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Rogan isn't controllable enough to tow the line in an overly-corporate environment. His baggage is also at odds with how a corporation trying to look "professional" would present itself.

Since the build-up to the "Reebok Era" I've always considered Rogan to be expendable if he couldn't tow the company line, and the fact that he's still here and getting away with snarky comments is because he is - to be perfectly honest - an integral part of how fans perceive the UFC. If you think canning Stitch or Watson had a backdraft, just wait for the nuclear blast when Rogan gets his pink slip.

pixelation

cain is getting a title shot against werdum. so fucking dumb. i hate dana and his rematches jesus christ

I'm OK with it, i mean Cain was a dumb ass in not preparing for the high altitude. But you can't deny the impact that it had on the fight, now we'll be able to find out if it truly was the altitude that beat Cain... or if the horse is really just better than him.

Lazyslob

Banned
I'm OK with it, i mean Cain was a dumb ass in not preparing for the high altitude. But you can't deny the impact that it had on the fight, now we'll be able to find out if it truly was the altitude that beat Cain... or if the horse is really just better than him.

thats an awful way to look at fighting. "hey if only anderson didnt clown around against weidman!" "if shogun had worked on his cardio!"

you can say what ifs for anyone. cain had his chance to go to mexico and get used to the altitude. he didnt. fuck him.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Does anybody actually think the rematch will play out differently? Sure, Cain won't gas in 1 round, but Werdum clearly is a better striker and too dangerous on the ground. His clinch game is pretty strong too.

I picked Cain in their first fight...Still embarrassed.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Cain gets wrecked in the rematch too. Altitude had nothing to do with that ass whooping in Mexico. His skillset just doesn't match up well with Werdum. He has inferior striking and his takedown threat is negated by Werdum's BJJ.

JDS, Cain, and Werdum are the rock paper scissors of the heavyweight division.

JDS > Werdum
Cain > JDS
Werdum > Cain

For some reason they seem to feel Cain is their in-road to success in the Mexican market and we all know he's as authentically Mexican as Taco Bell. They could easily find someone more charismatic that represents the country. I don't get this desperate push to make him a star.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Cain gets wrecked in the rematch too. Altitude had nothing to do with that ass whooping in Mexico. His skillset just doesn't match up well with Werdum. He has inferior striking and his takedown threat is negated by Werdum's BJJ.

JDS, Cain, and Werdum are the rock paper scissors of the heavyweight division.

JDS > Werdum
Cain > JDS
Werdum > Cain
I'd rather watch Werdum face JDS again than see him against Cain. Keep in mind that the last time they fought was 7 years ago, when Werdum legit had no standup game at all. I'll take 2015 Werdum over JDS for sure.

MjFrancis

Cain has fought 3 guys in 4 years.
I've been telling people that for a while now. Dude fights a handful of guys in the prime of his career and somehow he's the GOAT. I was calling this guy out before it became fashionable. Now it just feels like I'm kicking a guy while he's down.

I've been telling people that for a while now. Dude fights a handful of guys in the prime of his career and somehow he's the GOAT. I was calling this guy out before it became fashionable. Now it just feels like I'm kicking a guy while he's down.

Well Cains 20 month layoff probably doesnt have anything to do with his performance against Werdum, right?

Yaari

I'd put money on Cain in the rematch, I'm pretty sure he will take the win. But I still don't really want to see that fight. He got destroyed. I want someone else to fight for the title.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
All they're doing is killing all of the gatekeepers and up and comers. One of them is obviously going to lose and kill any momentum they had.

Top Bottom