• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

We've finally hit the point where Donald Cerrone is getting title shots? Dream, we're in the darkest timeline, friend..

In a year when Cain, DC, Conor McGregor, Bethe Correia, and Kyoji Horiguchi have gotten title shots, how could anyone be mad about a fighter getting a shot who's on an eight fight win streak and cleared a good portion of the division. A fighter that beat one guy so bad he retired and made the previous champ move to a new division?

iddqd

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/1...-wins-title-while-12-weeks-pregnant-in-brazil

"That was my first event," he continued. "I asked for HIV and hepatitis tests, but some fighters didn’t send me the results. I didn’t pull them out of the fights because they all wanted to fight. Some fighters claimed they had no money to pay for the tests, others said they didn’t have time to do it, but that’s my fault that I let them fight anyway. But thank God everything is fine with the baby."

giphy.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
In a year when Cain, DC, Conor McGregor, Bethe Correia, and Kyoji Horiguchi have gotten title shots, how could anyone be mad about a fighter getting a shot who's on an eight fight win streak and cleared a good portion of the division. A fighter that beat one guy so bad he retired and made the previous champ move to a new division?

Because said fighter is Donald Cerrone.

zewone

I'm hoping JDS vs Overeem is on that same Fox card.

Joe Rogan said he already filmed his portion of the Countdown for JDS vs. Reem already, but that he has done so in the past and the fights never happened.

dem

Reebok lost the NHL jersey contract to Adidas

Good thing they are paying next to nothing for UFC

But.... Adidas owns Reebok...

"Reebok" is getting out of hockey afaik. Everything is being rebranded as CCM... which is also owned by Adidas.

brentech

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/1...-wins-title-while-12-weeks-pregnant-in-brazil

I always wondered what the deal would be if a fighter got pregnant. Outside of seeing headlines such as "Fighter gets knocked up" of course.

This article is also the reason why you need full legalisation and regulation of MMA as well.

And if this fighter's son ends up ok, I look forward to seeing him become a Jungle Fights champion in 2040.
Holy shit that's absolutely terrible.

MjFrancis

Cerrone had to go on an eight fight win streak to get his title fight. Not to mention the 15-3 UFC record. Has any other fighter have that sort of record without a title fight under their belt? Shows both how underrated he has been and how stacked the lightweight division has been.

To piggyback on that thought, Cerrone should be glad the he didn't fight Khabib Nurmagomedov. Then he'd be 14-4 in the UFC with no title shot.

Rur0ni

I ask you this, friends. Is a man not allowed to enjoy the flesh occasionally? Take in the libations offered to him by the temple of a woman, his dear follower? It would be rude otherwise.

Man, he doesn't know how to control anything in his life. It at least took guys like Kobe and Tiger decades before they were exposed, got too casual. This dude out the gate of stardom is a tard.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Jones and his fiance/wife/whatever obviously have an agreement. I say this because dude is way too sloppy with this shit to be hiding anything.

He deserves a shot. The guy has been on a roll and if he gets the belt then you know he will defend it a lot at least.

Like I care, I hope he get stretchered out of the building.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Jones and his fiance/wife/whatever obviously have an agreement. I say this because dude is way too sloppy with this shit to be hiding anything.

staying together for the kids, imo

IIRC he got into fighting because he got her pregnant and needed money.

I imagine he's still with her because the UFC like the "family man" angle for a champion. That and the obvious connotations of the media getting hold of a famous black fighter walking out on his kids.

But they need to cut that shit out because I imagine that most of his personal problems with drugs and shit comes down to him trying to balance this "image" the UFC and his sponsors have forced on him while the reality is that he's a handsome alpha male in his prime who really should be fucking new women every night.

If I were him I'd engineer an amicable split with his partner, set up a healthy savings account to look after his kids, and then just go wild and fully unleash his asshole nature that he's been suppressing all his career.

The real question I have is why does he keep knocking his baby mama up. Three kids? I would have bought shares in Trojan after the first one.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maybe religious Jon Jones is against birth control? Oh right, the cops found condoms in his wrecked car.

Jones needs new management pronto. Dude is losing tens of millions of dollars everytime his image takes a hit like this.

Yes, he's the young champion and he should be banging hot pussy but to be sooo sloppy with it is ridiculous. WTF is he doing letting some stupid 23 yr old chick drive his 700hp Vette? He's practically asking to get into another car accident.

Your fiance, the mother of your children, knows you are banging side chicks but DO NOT PUBLICALLY EMBARRASS HER like this. She's probably sticking around because she wants to get paid like Mrs Michael Jordan but she ain't divorcing him until his empire is built and the fortune's been amassed. If Jones continues to make poor choices though, he'll have no money left.

Is that still early enough in the process where guys think they can get by with just knowing tiger style kung fu?

Yeah, and their own made up martial arts program. However, it's starting to phase out with more boxers and wrestlers appearing alongside a few early Ken Shamrock clones. Thankfully though Belfort and Couture have shown up too. I'm still bummed that Marco Ruas never comes back, he was class (almost too good for that period in UFC's history).

However, we do get Tank Abbot to make up for it and hopefully Kimo returns soon.

Man, you're making me want to watch those again. I still have all of the old UFCs and Pride; need to dig them out. Then take some soma and oxy and nod off while watching Smashing Machine.

dream

I sort of like the 'jobbers of the week' that appear on these early shows and never appear again after being defeated quickly.

You have to imagine, though, that it's incredibly crushing to learn that the martial art you devoted years of your life to mastering is utterly ineffective in actual combat.

Top Bottom