• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Joe will have to lob a lot of softballs to not get fired.
Idk, he seems to be gradually upping the ante in his criticism of the UFC over the last month or so. Straight up saying that the Reebok deal is garbage, fighters are getting ripped off, etc. I wonder if the UFC would ever fire him? Imagine the shitstorm.

-MD-

Idk, he seems to be gradually upping the ante in his criticism of the UFC over the last month or so. Straight up saying that the Reebok deal is garbage, fighters are getting ripped off, etc. I wonder if the UFC would ever fire him? Imagine the shitstorm.

I think the PR backlash from firing Rogan would just be too much, it'd really push shit over the edge.

FUME5

I think the PR backlash from firing Rogan would just be too much, it'd really push shit over the edge.

Yeah, Dana just might not give a fuck.

Either way, as Maklershed said, should be interesting.

Surprised to hear these words come from Rumble:

NX38z65.png

Now deleted: http://www.mmamania.com/2015/8/19/9...gynistic-facebook-rant-ugly-girl-blackzilians

Guru-Guru

Banned
Yeah, looking rough. I went to the UFC event in Japan last year, but I think I will skip it this year. The main card is going to have fighters from the Japanese version of TUF--imagine how bad that will be.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So not only does Australia get Lawler/Condit, but it's also apparently getting Bigfoot/Hunt 2.

I'm definitely up for going to this show.

MjFrancis

Occasionally the crowd demands that some of the old-timers hobble back into the Octagon and have a good scrap.

Plus it's good just to get some recognizable names headlining a card. Half the people I watch the fights with complain that they don't know anyone that's fighting these days.

VoxPop

What a terrible time to be a MMA fan. Good thing football is starting soon anyway.

McGregor and Honda are the only ones on that entire roster worth getting excited for.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Two events a month is what they should be doing. One being a ppv, one being a Fight Night Card. Relegate all the TUF shit to Fight Pass. Looking forward to Joshu Barnetto v Big Country in Saitama Super Arena. They need to get Lenne Hardt to announce the fighters.

One day after posting a rant against a woman at a gym, UFC light heavyweight Anthony Johnson has apologized.

“I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong and yesterday I was absolutely wrong,” wrote Johnson (19-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) on Facebook.

On Tuesday the onetime light heavyweight title challenger detailed a run-in with a woman he described as “built like a bag of dried dog food” who allegedly got angry because he lifted weights while she was stretching nearby on a yoga mat.

Johnson said he threw the yoga mat across the gym and sent the woman crying to the front desk. He later deleted the Facebook post, but defended his post on Twitter.

Today, he changed his tune, expressing contrition for his behavior and apologizing to the woman.

“I shouldn’t have gotten that upset from the start but I did, I mean I’m human,” Johnson wrote. “I said some pretty nasty things about a female from my gym while full of emotions (not a good idea) so I do wanna apologize to her for being rude as I was and not taking a break to relax after our argument.

“Sorry to everyone else too for having to witness me getting upset about a argument in the gym. I’m not going to sugarcoat it and make it seem like I’m a angel because I’m not but I will admit when I’m wrong. Other than that I hope everybody has a awesome day.”

A UFC PR rep said the promotion wasn’t yet ready to comment.

Johnson, 31, has been in the headlines on multiple occasions for domestic violence allegations and in 2010 plead no contest to domestic violence and other charges stemming from an incident with an ex-girlfriend. He was suspended this past year following an allegation from the mother of his children and later reinstated after the woman withdrew a protective order.

Johnson is currently scheduled to face Jimi Manuwa 15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) at UFC 191 on Sept. 5 at Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena. It is his first fight since a failed bid for the UFC title against Daniel Cormier which ended in a third-round submission.
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/anthony-johnson-apologizes-for-facebook-rant-on-woman

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I live north of Brisbane. I'm going to see what the rest of the card's like before considering buying tickets, plane tickets, hotels, etc.

VoxPop

How do they plan on filling 55k seats with Lawler/Condit + Hunt/Big Foot? The last 55k show they did was GSP in his home country and is a proven draw. I doubt Lawler/Condit can do anything more than 250K PPV buys.

Top Bottom