• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Come on man, that's lame. Belfort only has one explosion in every fight , gotta see if hendo could get out of that. Way too quick to call.

Another garbage stoppage. I could understand if it was somebody that sucks like Patrick Cummings, but it's Hendo. Give him a chance at least.

But of course the Brazilian reef in Brazil gives Vitor the easy win. Shocker.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Human cockfighting never die. #CokerEra

CTLsOX4XIAAIUMY.jpg

Ooh, I'm def down for this!

vMzrE3C.png

edit: OMG I thought that was a joke, they actually did that fight wtf.
https://youtu.be/3sm_bk_EUnQ

Imagine going back to '98 and telling people who watch MMA that 17 years from now the largest MMA organizations would still have Shamrock, Gracie, Belfort, and Hendo headlining

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I want to see Nick Diaz fight in Rizin. The NSAC rulings are meaningless in Japan. Have him fight legends in openweight.

NEVER EVER TOO LATE FOR THAT FIGHT

I scoffed at Sakakibara's freakshow route but this is absolutely fantastic.

Rickson was always too scared to fight legit guys. He only took on guys that couldnt strike and grapple. So he waited all these years to have a chance to beat Sakuraba...

wow...

It is likely that would have been Cro Cop's final fight. Pretty safe bet that he's retiring. Sad to see it end in a whimper, but he could have gone ahead with the fight and retired after an embarrassing loss too.

How is he ending it on a whimper?

Its the best ending ever. He beat MANBEARPIG into a bloody pulp with his elbows. It's like a movie, I was hoping he would retire after that fight. He has nothing left to prove. Few guys go out on a win like that.

Yeah, he got his revenge against the guy who gave him his most embarrassing loss. Retiring after that's better than what he would have been before that fight

It would have been interesting to see if he can pull off those elbows from the guard on other guys. I have never seen anyone do that before, the distance and angles he was landing them from...

Imagine if he learned that earlier on and softened guys up on the ground and then would let them back up and BOOM left high kick.

MjFrancis

How is he ending it on a whimper?

Its the best ending ever. He beat MANBEARPIG into a bloody pulp with his elbows. It's like a movie, I was hoping he would retire after that fight. He has nothing left to prove. Few guys go out on a win like that.
If you look at his last fight, then yes, he gets to retire on a nice note. If you consider that he TKO'd himself preparing for his next fight then it sounds much worse.

His legacy will forget this injury though, you're all probably right. It's official now:

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/11/10/9703634/mirko-cro-cop-withdraws-from-ufc-event-in-south-korea-retires-from-mma-again

Top Bottom