• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

Apparently former sumo star Baruto Kaito is on the list of potential opponents for Fedor. That would be spectacular.

CR6xGttUsAEJpCW.jpg

They're also attempting to get Putin to attend as a special guest.

Source: Dave Meltzer, Wresting Observer

FUME5

I hope Rizin turns out to be the total circus it's shaping up to be.

Meanwhile, it'll be interesting to see how big the crowd is at the pub this Sunday.

Zero surprise here. In my opinion, CC had been using heavily in K1/Pride. He's the Pride star who had the greatest dropoff when he came to the UFC. It was always extremely suspect, and now it's basically confirmed.

Chael knows. He called it years ago. And he knew because he was riding the snake all along.

ApharmdX

Banned
Chael knows. He called it years ago. And he knew because he was riding the snake all along.

Did he? I seem to remember something about this. But it's anathema to mention it on Sherdog. There was a poll yesterday about how people felt about Crocop now that he's been outed as a cheat. The majority said that they had not lost respect for him. WTF?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Did he? I seem to remember something about this. But it's anathema to mention it on Sherdog. There was a poll yesterday about how people felt about Crocop now that he's been outed as a cheat. The majority said that they had not lost respect for him. WTF?

I think people in general are more forgiving/don't care at all when it's either an older legend trying to cling on or somebody recovering from injury and caught cheating. In their minds (at least those who might care about PED use at all) it's just Cro Cop trying to be what made Cro Cop great in the first place, because they don't have to admit he was doing the same thing back then too.

I'd also guess a large part of Cro Cop's most dedicated fans also subscribe to the theory that we should inject every fighter with every drug and get the circus tents back out.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I think people in general are more forgiving/don't care at all when it's either an older legend trying to cling on or somebody recovering from injury and caught cheating.

I'd also guess a large part of Cro Cop's most dedicated fans also subscribe to the theory that we should inject every fighter with every drug and get the circus tents back out.
Damn straight. If you want insincere outrage, that's what off-topic is for. We don't do that here, well over roids anyway.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I think people in general are more forgiving/don't care at all when it's either an older legend trying to cling on or somebody recovering from injury and caught cheating. In their minds (at least those who might care about PED use at all) it's just Cro Cop trying to be what made Cro Cop great in the first place, because they don't have to admit he was doing the same thing back then too.

I'd rather say it's because everyone "knows" he did PEDs back then, so no one is surprised about it now.

ApharmdX

Banned

So my issue here is that CC had clearly been using a long time. For someone like Hendo, the age thing makes more sense; he got into MMA late, and is still fighting at 45. Crocop just got caught now. Like Anderson Silva, he's likely been using his entire career, since he was in his 20s, perhaps? I've seen the pictures of CC and how he bulked up through K1/Pride.

Damn straight. If you want insincere outrage, that's what off-topic is for. We don't do that here, well over roids anyway.

I'm pretty new to MMA-GAF but there's sincere outrage to be had over PEDs in MMA (all striking arts, really!). If there's an uneven playing field, where some fighters are cheating and others not, and a dirty fighter ends a clean fighter's career or even life, that's a major problem.

bbd23

lmao ronda with her fake ass mean mug and now shes crying because holly couldn't give a shit.

please kick her ass tomorrow holly <3

Looked to me like Ronda did her usual tactic of getting right into her opponents face and Holly put her fist inside Ronda's. Can't tell if there was contact like Ronda claimed but if there was, that never goes over well.

Valerie laternuahjasbjhd is just an unbelievable can. Cant believe Dana has the strenght to move his lips to sell us Valerie.

Oh Dana...

Yaari

Are you guys really falling for the Ronda act? Wolf tickets.

That would be too much credit for her. Because she's really petty and hold grudges (ie. Miesha Tate, Floyd Mayweather), I would not put it past her to get very upset about Holly putting her fist in the inside.

That would be too much credit for her. Because she's really petty and hold grudges (ie. Miesha Tate, Floyd Mayweather), I would not put it past her to get very upset about Holly putting her fist in the inside.

Tate and her boyfriend are both hated by a number of fighters other than Ronda. Both of them earned the shit they get from people.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Maybe Reem vs JDS is off again? Some MMA "journalists" are tweeting that they have heard rumors of one of the main event or co-mains in December being cancelled. Rothwell just tweeted "Now this all makes sense @ufc! Cannot wait to share the big news."

Considering on how Rothwell wanted to step in for Cro Cop, it looks like the reason why UFC denied him that is because he's going to be replacing either JDS or Reem.

On another note, Dana White apparently said a women's 125 division is next. I have no clue on the talent at 125...I'm guessing not much?

On another note, Dana White apparently said a women's 125 division is next. I have no clue on the talent at 125...I'm guessing not much?

Afaik, 125 fighters have typically either fought at 135 or 115 depending on whether they can cut comfortably or not. I don't know of any real deep 125 divisions because of that. Though we might see some 115ers who have a case of the Florians move to 125 for the chance at a title there.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Afaik, 125 fighters have typically either fought at 135 or 115 depending on whether they can cut comfortably or not. I don't know of any real deep 125 divisions because of that. Though we might see some 115ers who have a case of the Florians move to 125 for the chance at a title there.
Yeah, sounds like a bad idea since 135 is already so damn shallow. I'd rather see a 145 division so Cyborg could get a belt in the UFC and we can have the endless tease of never seeing her and Ronda fighting.

There's a lot of women that would fit in there naturally. More naturally than 115. 115 has something like 35 fighters right now, with more coming in, so many of those women would naturally slide up, as it's a better fit.

But really, they're creating a division Meisha Tate could win while Ronda is still fighting. That's the real reason, if you ask me.

A 145lbs div. would be way more shallow.

Yeah, sounds like a bad idea since 135 is already so damn shallow. I'd rather see a 145 division so Cyborg could get a belt in the UFC and we can have the endless tease of never seeing her and Ronda fighting.

145 is even more shallow than 135. It's not worth it to even create that division because it's Cyborg and no one else.

Guru-Guru

Banned
145 is even more shallow than 135. It's not worth it to even create that division because it's Cyborg and no one else.
Hmm, that's too bad. I watch no women's MMA outside of UFC, so had no clue. Let's be real though, in a couple years I wouldn't be surprised if there were 4 women's divisions so Dana can fill out having a card literally every week.

VoxPop

For some strange reason, I'm envisioning Ronda diving into a perfect counter left and doing the shad face. I think her time has come.

Top Bottom