• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

VoxPop

I was wondering when the next UFC game would be announced. Probably won't happen, but I really want PRIDE mode back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJgUsTMZ8mw&feature=youtu.be&sf42381582=1

It was announced yesterday. No Pride mode in sight unfortunately and that would be a pretty big feature that I'd think they would have announced.

I still play the original and its fun and all but there needs to be a lot more diverse arsenal of moves and mannerisms for each fighter. Everyone almost has the same move set.

Yaari

Yeah don't count on Pride mode. The developers consider it a game of its own. Which I can agree with. It's pretty much an entire revamp of the presentation, different movesets, different fighters.

Especially different fighters since they have to sign individuals rather than having straight access to the UFC roster.

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be in UFC2. Maybe UFC3.

I'm quite excited for the Knockout Mode and UFC Ultimate Team. Someone speculated Knockout Mode to be some standup only mode. That would be fun. I could see them doing that because I've seen a lot of people ask for a Fight Night game and by going that direction, they could potentially get some people interested in the UFC series.

Hopefully the striking meets the expectations. It is interesting that corner feedback is mentioned. You can just feel that they are already adding some of the elements of previous Fight Night games, and they will one day return to making one of those again too.

The modes that are seen in the trailer will be more detailed on Friday. It will be interesting to hear. I'm excited because this info usually doesn't come around this early. It would not be the first time that modes and such are held back until 2 month ahead of release.

JKgA3ll.jpg

VoxPop

Yaari said:
Yeah don't count on Pride mode. The developers consider it a game of its own. Which I can agree with. It's pretty much an entire revamp of the presentation, different movesets, different fighters.

Especially different fighters since they have to sign individuals rather than having straight access to the UFC roster.

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be in UFC2. Maybe UFC3.

I'm quite excited for the Knockout Mode and UFC Ultimate Team. Someone speculated Knockout Mode to be some standup only mode. That would be fun. I could see them doing that because I've seen a lot of people ask for a Fight Night game and by going that direction, they could potentially get some people interested in the UFC series.

Hopefully the striking meets the expectations. It is interesting that corner feedback is mentioned. You can just feel that they are already adding some of the elements of previous Fight Night games, and they will one day return to making one of those again too.

The modes that are seen in the trailer will be more detailed on Friday. It will be interesting to hear. I'm excited because this info usually doesn't come around this early. It would not be the first time that modes and such are held back until 2 month ahead of release.

Yeah I don't see it happening any time soon with Rizin out there now.

Loving the idea of KO mode which me and my friend dubbed "K-1" mode where we would have a gentlemen's agreement to fight standing only back in Undisputed. UFC Ultimate Team sounds like an amazing cashgrab that I would love to partake in.

Hopefully they added more taunts as it fits in perfectly with my fighting style.

Yamamoto wearing sneakers with his suit is the real travesty.

Yaari

If that to ever happen, it will be glorious. And I will enjoy it very much.
In general I hope that we'll see her challenged someday because she's having it way too easy.

Yaari

Believe in the greg jackson game plan friends

Only a small factor. If Ronda gets her hands on Holly then Greg Jackson won't stop the throw. He won't defend the armbar for her either.

I only hope Ronda is stubborn enough to stand with Holly for a little while. But even then, I've not seen anything from Holly that convinces me she can get a stoppage against Ronda, and she'll need it because she is not going to win on points.

Only a small factor. If Ronda gets her hands on Holly then Greg Jackson won't stop the throw. He won't defend the armbar for her either.

I only hope Ronda is stubborn enough to stand with Holly for a little while. But even then, I've not seen anything from Holly that convinces me she can get a stoppage against Ronda, and she'll need it because she is not going to win on points.

Honda seems to be convinced shes a world class boxer now so i wouldnt be surprised if we see a bit more standup from her

rondaflappingarms.gif

brentech

Undisputed 3 was legit with enough content to live with the flaws. (Unless you only bought to play online which was still garbage)
EA's first attempt was about what I expected, but disappointing with customization and lack of modes. Career was meh and I missed the context sensitive attacks.
Even with all that and the funky bugs, I think they created a decent enough base to work with and learn from. Like, they weren't SO far off the target that I don't believe they can get the job done with the second attempt.
A lot of small things they should be able to fix or add to the game would make a big difference if they got to it all. Just a couple:

+more natural transitions
+more variety of throws/takedowns/trips
+standing attacks take distance into account
- a hundred wacky glitches/bugs

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
We are a month out from Wildman/Rockhold and Josie/Connor. Surely one of them is going to pull out. Place your bets.

VoxPop

We are a month out from Wildman/Rockhold and Josie/Connor. Surely one of them is going to pull out. Place your bets.

I'm assuming they all make it this time around. If anything, Aldo will bail like a chickenshit again setting up McGregor vs. Edgar for the actual 145 title. Luckily the card is beyond stacked and is still very watchable even if the two main events are scrapped.

McGregor ain't fighting Edgar. He's moving to 155 right after. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked into the octagon the following weekend on national free TV on Fox to challenge the winner of RDA and Cowboy.

zewone

If Aldo backs out again, do you think they'd strip him?

Also, if Aldo does make it and McGregor unifies the belt, he plans on leaving 145 immediately.

What do they do after that?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Crocop popped
http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-Mirko-Cro-Cop

UFC announced today that a scheduled bout between Mirko Cro Cop and Anthony Hamilton in Seoul, South Korea has been canceled. The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has notified both Mirko Cro Cop and UFC that he has been provisionally suspended at this time due to a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Cro Cop. Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time in the process.

Hamilton will be booked for a new bout on a card in the near future.

Heel

Convenient, isn't it? Don't let this overshadow Cro Cop's criticism of the materials used in Reebok tracksuits, friends.

If Aldo backs out again, do you think they'd strip him?

Also, if Aldo does make it and McGregor unifies the belt, he plans on leaving 145 immediately.

What do they do after that?
TJ will move up after beating Cruz and he and Faber will fight for the 145 title and the keys to Paige Van Zant's chastity belt.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I hope Cro-cop gets released from his contract in time to fight on the same card as Fedor.

Fedor vs. Crocop 2.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronda square up for a few moments to fool Holm into believe she's going to trust her hands and then rushing for the clinch, throw, arm removal combo.

UFC 3 was great. It really felt like 2 games with the Pride mode and it was missed in EA UFC. EA's attempt after the patches was pretty good. They added lots, cleaned up some bugs and gave us free fighters. Hopefully we can get a Pride in the series sometime down the road loaded with legends. But based off the current UFC roster it looks like it will be the worst roster in a UFC game of all time.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Zero surprise here. In my opinion, CC had been using heavily in K1/Pride. He's the Pride star who had the greatest dropoff when he came to the UFC. It was always extremely suspect, and now it's basically confirmed.

No shit...

Top Bottom