• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
meLKOUi.png

3ahUFq3.jpg

VhHFgfg.jpg
So what you're telling me is that Dolce diet literally shrinks a person.

I was just watching the new Jail: Las Vegas (yeah that's right) and a dude was being booked for fighting and beating up a retired UFC fighter. The way these air this probably happened back in June or July. Any idea who the fighter might be?

dream

Look, there's a lot we can and do say about Ken, but I believe with every fiber of my being that a 60 year old Ken Shamrock could still beat any man in a street fight.

FUME5

I was just watching the new Jail: Las Vegas (yeah that's right) and a dude was being booked for fighting and beating up a retired UFC fighter. The way these air this probably happened back in June or July. Any idea who the fighter might be?

Tank Abbot.

Banglish

Well Holm shut me the fuck up. She looked 1000 times better against Rousey than her lesser opponents which is strange but I guess she needed a championship bout to get herself right.

Holly should be like Bones and dictate who she wants to fight now that she is champ. Honda has no business being in a rematch.
Holly probably likes money, and she'll earn way more if she rematches Ronda and gets points on the PPV.... which is why she's already said she'll rematch R. Honda.

brentech

I still can't believe how strong Holm is. I really didn't see her out muscling Ronda went it got to the ground. The couple times there was the attempt to grapple, she just tore out of it with relative ease.

Really thought if she had a chance to win it had to be with an early knockout. Had no idea she was that physically strong.

Yaari

If Holly joined that team at age 17, they have known eachothers for a very long time. So I think they are just really good friends. Or who knows what happened.

Either way I think it's cool he helped her. Hope she does even better in the rematch.

broz0rs

eXtv

Banned
I still can't believe how strong Holm is. I really didn't see her out muscling Ronda went it got to the ground. The couple times there was the attempt to grapple, she just tore out of it with relative ease.

Really thought if she had a chance to win it had to be with an early knockout. Had no idea she was that physically strong.

Ronda looked to be in the worst shape of her fighting career. Holm was shredded.

Jerm411

Edmond, on top of being a gigantic douchebag, has to be the worst high profile coach in all of MMA...Jackson and Winklejohn had to have been laughing in glee before the fight when thinking about game planning about this clown.

Edmond doesnt care about MMA. He hit the jackpot with Ronda with all the fame and marketing for him. Maybe he knew Holly was unbeatable for Ronda but he wanted that payday. Hes not going to try to cancel a PPV main event fight for his fighter/payday.

Sadly I think almost all of us would do the same thing.

Its the Tyson effect. She got beat soundly (Buster Douglas) and now her next opponents arent as intimidated as before.

I know Ill get Holly at a great price in the rematch! I hope you too!

brentech

Ronda looked to be in the worst shape of her fighting career. Holm was shredded.

Is this something you or others said before the fight? Because I sure didn't see it until afterwards. Only thing I saw anyone say was the she looked thin at weigh ins, but she always does.
Don't think I saw anyone even allude to the fact that she was looking weaker or anything to that extent.

eXtv

Banned
Is this something you or others said before the fight? Because I sure didn't see it until afterwards. Only thing I saw anyone say was the she looked thin at weigh ins, but she always does.
Don't think I saw anyone even allude to the fact that she was looking weaker or anything to that extent.

She looked flabby, I think.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
UFC-GAF Rousey-GAF is strong.

MwOid16.png

There's a good chance of that 193 thread overtaking this thread in posts. If only we could find a way to convert those casuals to enjoying the occasional bout of bad MMA magic.

Weckum

Meh, these people were shocked to see Ronda get pizzookad by Holm. Can you imagine their outcry when someone's eye gets glued shut or there aren't enough ambulances to take fighters to the hospital?

Edmond doesnt care about MMA. He hit the jackpot with Ronda with all the fame and marketing for him. Maybe he knew Holly was unbeatable for Ronda but he wanted that payday. Hes not going to try to cancel a PPV main event fight for his fighter/payday!

So why is he going bankrupt?

And speaking of looking thin...I was watching some Connor clips. He's going to look horrible at 194. I can only imagine what it'll do to Aldo too.

MwOid16.png

There's a good chance of that 193 thread overtaking this thread in posts. If only we could find a way to convert those casuals to enjoying the occasional bout of bad MMA magic.

You haven't lived the mma dream until you've watched an event held in a fly over state where the ring is a gym mat covered by hefty bags and is lit by an outdoor spotlight on a rope. The main event is two default fighters with bad tattoos and they have names like Cody or Tyler or Travis. The ringside seats are folding chairs. And more people are there to drink beer and get out of the cold then to enjoy the particulars of 'martial times'.

EDIT: I just now realized there's no 'e' at the end of 'Befor' on Tank Abbot's book.

eXtv

Banned
So why is he going bankrupt?

And speaking of looking thin...I was watching some Connor clips. He's going to look horrible at 194. I can only imagine what it'll do to Aldo too.

Aldo apparently doesn't give a fuck and says he'll use an IV anyway.

Theoretically, the only way they can catch you is detecting plastic residue from the bag & the tube, if a fighter were to use different material, they could jump right through that loophole and be much more rejuvenated for their fight.

You haven't lived the mma dream until you've watched an event held in a fly over state where the ring is a gym mat covered by hefty bags and is lit by an outdoor spotlight on a rope. The main event is two default fighters with bad tattoos and they have names like Cody or Tyler or Travis. The ringside seats are folding chairs. And more people are there to drink beer and get out of the cold then to enjoy the particulars of 'martial times'.
Well, the ringside seats at UFC 193 were folding chairs.

Guru-Guru

Banned

MwOid16.png

At this rate imagine how bad the UFC will be by the time we reach OT7. 100 events per year full of a bunch of nobodies. I can't wait.

Top Bottom