• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

It actuallys shows more that everyone wants to be *seen* with the next big thing. Rousey built her "unbeatable" rep step by step (and with a considerable push from the UFC). Holm just came in and blew up someone who was already on top, something Rousey couldn't do because no one was built to that height.

Also, Holm is clearly starstruck by the opportunities. Weidman did a similar thing and he wasn't plastered everywhere because he was back to work as usual.

Holm seems dedicated to her work. Freaking cry after sub par practices seems like someone hungry to me. Not her fault all these people wanna meet her, no reason to deny them . Rousey comes off as a cunt and she has been called out for it. You got Donal Trump a huge prick calling Rousey out, you'd think they'd be all about each other but even he couldn't stand her.

Holm seems dedicated to her work. Freaking cry after sub par practices seems like someone hungry to me. Not her fault all these people wanna meet her, no reason to deny them . Rousey comes off as a cunt and she has been called out for it. You got Donal Trump a huge prick calling Rousey out, you'd think they'd be all about each other but even he couldn't stand her.

Trump's opinions on anything don't reflect anything other than Trump was asked a question and his asshole started spewing randomly.

Holm may be or has previously been (only time will tell) dedicated to her work. But let's not act like Rousey is the only MMA champ that hasn't had a ton of photo ops with Hollywood in the weeks after a fight. Even considering the multi-national representation of UFC champs... most of them live in or train in the US but haven't been spotted and photo'd with all these mainstream pop culture stars.

I mean do you really think that Holm attended *all* these super public events that professional photographers are regularly at? And do you think she actually paid for the tickets to most of these things?

brentech

Just got done watching Saturday's card. Magny surprised me with his manhandling of Gastelum. Kid is putting that Cowboy amount of time in the cage.

iddqd

Before and After
9e77aae.jpg

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
such a great pic
thats why when after a fight you let bygones be bygones.. maybe she won't be so douchey to her opponents she beats after the fight now

FUME5

Anyone going to bother with this Seoul card? Bendo should have it in the bag, and, well, I recognize Kim (Stun Gun vs Shonuff huh) and Akiyama and that's about it...

Banglish

I call bullshit that he didn't know he hit a pregnant lady. Seems too adamant on the fact he had no idea who he hit until after the accident. In broad daylight? C'mon son.
When Ariel asks him what he was thinking when he "learned" that he hit a pregnant woman.. his first thought is "My career over", second is the " I wonder what happened to the baby/woman."
Good ol' fakeass Jones.

Sakibara era

It was confirmed today at a press conference for the Rizin Fighting Federation, that the promotion had added a rematch between Bob Sapp and Akebono for their New Year’s Eve, which will air on Fuji TV in Japan and Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada.

Guru-Guru

Banned
UFC.com has it at like 96 significant strikes to 33 for Sexyama.
Yeah, too bad. The difference ended up being round 2, I think Mina stole it when he stunned Sexyama in the last 30 seconds. Honestly though, I wish judges gave more 10-8 rounds, because Sexyama def did that in round 3.

Do they? Lol . Just give masvidal that scrub Kim fought. Guarantee there would be more interest on this card if Kim and Bendo were headlining . It's poor execution

Nah, they are trying to grab new casual Korean fans, so it's better to have two main events that Koreans will be interested in.

The mistake was actually having Sexi fight. They should have had him guest ref in speedos.

VoxPop

Great crowd. Reminds me of a slightly more raucous Japanese crowd. DooHo Choi delivers as expected. Two Dong Hyun Kims fight two black dudes named Dominic. A guy named Bang fighting a guy named Kuntz. It was fun.

MjFrancis

Nah, they are trying to grab new casual Korean fans, so it's better to have two main events that Koreans will be interested in.

The mistake was actually having Sexi fight. They should have had him guest ref in speedos.
Being 2-6 in the UFC is a bad place to be, especially for a fighter that was previously undefeated. That hypothetical guest ref spot might have been a better place for him.

Decent enough main card, it's been a while since I've watched a Fight Night. Crowd looked amped the whole time.

Yaari

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0384bkn

Interview with Jimmy Pedro. Ronda's former Judo coach.I found it interesting. Only 8 minutes. Will be very questionable as to how and when she returns, she seems to follow the path she entered when dealing with Judo losses.

And yeah. December is going to be a good one. Pumped.

Being 2-6 in the UFC is a bad place to be, especially for a fighter that was previously undefeated. That hypothetical guest ref spot might have been a better place for him.
And really, that Belcher decision was a gift.

I woke up during the main card and read Dong Hyun Kim got ko'ed. And then 30 minutes later saw Dong Hyun Kim win. I love early morning foreign cards.

MjFrancis

I woke up during the main card and read Dong Hyun Kim got ko'ed. And then 30 minutes later saw Dong Hyun Kim win. I love early morning foreign cards.
I still can't believe it's been two years since Dong Hyun Kim derailed the Erick Silva hype train. Even though Kim got knocked out a couple fights ago I still think he can bounce back to gatekeeper status.

Ryan Bader is heavyweight champ!
Anderson Aldo is fighting soon
Conor won the FW belt from Chad Mendes

UFC and Reebok don't even watch their own product

Guru-Guru

Banned

I know Reebok is a tier 3 athletic/apparel company, but I still don't get how they have fucked up so many times. Most of the stuff they mess up they can literally find quickly on google...It's like they realize how much MMA sucks and are trying to back out of their deal with UFC.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I thought you were joking.

fc98vbD.jpg

This is worse than the Ireland t-shirt. At least that t-shirt could be blamed on everyone involved being ignorant about geopolitics of the British Isles. This on the other hand is just complete and utter ignorance of your own product.

I'm truly starting to wonder what sort of approval process there is for this shit. IIRC Dana White is/was a complete and utter control freak so I doubt he's approving anything Reebok does. All signs point to Reebok just having free reign over everything merchandise related with no accountability. Which I guess makes for some good lulz if nothing else.

Top Bottom