• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

I legit had a sex dream about Ronda last night. It was awkward because we at my parents house in the garage and she was being really aggressive.

Yaari

Lol. This Ali Abdelaziz from WSOF is a strange guy.
http://realfightstories.com/2015/12/02/real-ali-abdel-aziz/

Crazy fucking stor.y

Like the other story of Northcutt Sr. who was dealing coke or some shit like that.

CVRIC58WIAAK6Gs.png:large

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I legit had a sex dream about Ronda last night. It was awkward because we at my parents house in the garage and she was being really aggressive.

did she keep pressing the action regardless of the pounding you gave her?

brentech

On Black Friday or the day after, UFC had a deal for Fight Pass that gave $10 off the yearly sub and a Chromecast, so I said fuck it and bought it.

I had missed watching 189 (McGregor v Mendes & Lawler v Macdonald), I was stuck at a wedding that night and could only read the play by play. People weren't kidding about the quality of that main card, got damn. That was fantastic.

MjFrancis

I should have bit on the Black Friday deal, my wife's been bugging me about getting Fight Pass in time for the Paige Van Zant/ Rose Namajunas fight. I didn't know there was a deal, though I should have figured.

I thought you were joking.

fc98vbD.jpg

This is worse than the Ireland t-shirt. At least that t-shirt could be blamed on everyone involved being ignorant about geopolitics of the British Isles. This on the other hand is just complete and utter ignorance of your own product.

I'm truly starting to wonder what sort of approval process there is for this shit. IIRC Dana White is/was a complete and utter control freak so I doubt he's approving anything Reebok does. All signs point to Reebok just having free reign over everything merchandise related with no accountability. Which I guess makes for some good lulz if nothing else.
I'm guessing no one at Reebok merchandising actually follows MMA, or given the Ireland t-shirt fiasco, any news, world history or geopolitics whatsoever.

That, or we missed the part where Dana White slapped a belt on Ryan Bader after the fight.

I took classes with Taman McCrory for a little while. He recently made a splash in Bellatrix and is making his return to UFC on Dec 19th. His opponent is Josh Samman. What's the word MMA-GAF?

VoxPop

I wonder if Conor will do to Aldo what Dillashaw did to Barao. While Aldo is a killer on the feet, his technical abilities are average at best. The best striker he's fought is probably Hominick or Cub. He's rode the coattails of his ability to pop back to his feet after being taken down which I believe is his real strength. Conor will definitely not be looking to take him down though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Aldo looked to grapple fuck Conor with his underrated BJJ after being popped in the face and body one too many times.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Conor will do to Aldo what Dillashaw did to Barao. While Aldo is a killer on the feet, his technical abilities are average at best. The best striker he's fought is probably Hominick or Cub. He's rode the coattails of his ability to pop back to his feet after being taken down which I believe is his real strength. Conor will definitely not be looking to take him down though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Aldo looked to grapple fuck Conor with his underrated BJJ after being popped in the face and body one too many times.
Aldo is a better striker than Barao. People overlooked that because when Barao was finishing people Aldo was going to decision and talking about how GSP was the guy he wanted to emulate. For that reason I wouldn't agree with him being a "killer" but technically average; maybe in his WEC days, but not now.

I'm favouring Aldo in this fight but agree his best chance is to mix it up; if he gets goaded into playing McGregor's game McGregor obviously has the offence, and seemingly the chin to make up for his defence, to win it.

EDIT:
ohgod

zewone

I think McGregor's size and fight IQ will be too much for Aldo.

McGregor loses that size advantage at lightweight, so I don't know how much he should be barking up that tree.

The idea of Cowboy vs Conor is exciting as hell though.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

...unless of course the "lone wolf" gunman is white. Then it's just another one of those things that happens and there's nothing wrong with it.

The best part about this is that neither ISIS and Al-Qaeda are recognised state entities so the Geneva Convention and other rules of warfare doesn't actually apply to them. That and - as you Americans probably know - the Bush Administration created a whole new rulebook on how to define whether an enemy combatant requires a modicum of civil rights or not. Or does this detract from the "dat dere Obumma been holdin us back" mentality?

BSsBrolly

Banned
...unless of course the "lone wolf" gunman is white. Then it's just another one of those things that happens and there's nothing wrong with it.

The best part about this is that neither ISIS and Al-Qaeda are recognised state entities so the Geneva Convention and other rules of warfare doesn't actually apply to them. That and - as you Americans probably know - the Bush Administration created a whole new rulebook on how to define whether an enemy combatant requires a modicum of civil rights or not. Or does this detract from the "dat dere Obumma been holdin us back" mentality?

This is why I don't like Tim Kennedy. I can't respect his political views and it makes me root against him every fight.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
This is why I don't like Tim Kennedy. I can't respect his political views and it makes me route against him every fight.

It's also why I liked seeing him getting destroyed by a rule-breaking Cuban guy after he himself had broke the rules. There's some poetic justice there.

Weckum

I thought Tim Kennedy came across as a decent dude in one of the MMA Hour episodes. Guess he's a major douche after all.

Cuz we haven't had any back to back cards in a while....

UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor Dec 12, 2015
The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber Finale Dec 11, 2015
UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant Dec 10, 2015

There are actually fights on all these cards I want to see but I don't think I can handle three nights in a row.

That's something I'll watch. Especially the little kid matches--holy shit, those kids in the EBI are so slick. It's just non stop transitions and sub attempts.

I can't see the Mcgregor Aldo fight going on any longer than one round. Who walks out with the belt is harder to predict. Pretty much seeing Aldo going out strong pushing with a relentless pace while mcgregor stays back and counters. Either Aldo's pace gets the better of Mcgregor or The Notorious manages to counter Aldo ala the Brimage fight. Pretty confident everything unfolds during the first round however, since I predict deez tings.

Chesskid1

Banned
Paige Van Zant
Sage Northcutt
Frankie Edgar
Chad Mendez
Edson Barboza
Tony Ferguson
Joe Lauzon
Ryan LaFlare
Gabriel Gonzaga
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Chris Weidman
Tim Rockhold
Jacare Souza
Yoel Yomero
Demian Maia
Max Holloway
Uriah Faber

just took a look at the dec 10/11/12 events. all these fighters fightin within 72 hrs of each other. so hyped.

charsace

Aldo is a different level of striker than Barao. Aldo has better hands, better footwork, better speed, and his leg kicks.

-MD-

lol @ Faber fighting on the prelims of 194. Has to be slightly embarrassing at a minimum.

I know, but if you've been watching TUF it's just more Conor being right, and it's on a Conor card which makes it even funnier.

Must be new. Faber prefers being on prelims, it's better for his business because it gets more viewers.

You can bet he specifically requested to be on the McGregor card as well, there's nothing embarrassing or funny about it.

Top Bottom