• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
mma-bro Heel has good taste

dafMZPT.gif

industrian

Cain hurt

Werdum vs miocic instead

Thank the lord. Cain shouldn't be trusted to headline a card unless he stays injury free for a year. This is also the point where you thank god for Werdum winning the title and providing us with a champion that doesn't pull out more times than a catholic.

I can see Miocic being a challenge for Werdum, and this fight may go the same way JDS/Miocic did. But I see Werdum winning by a second or third round submission.

Too bad they couldn't give it to Reem. He deserves it way more than Stipe.

Does Reem have a new contract yet? That and Miocic is probably still fight-ready after that Arlovski fight three weeks ago.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad they couldn't give it to Reem. He deserves it way more than Stipe.
He has a better win streak but worse (recent) losses, so I could see it going wither way, especially with Reem in contract negotiations. Both deserved a shot before Cain imo so hopefully this unclogs the logjam and Cain has to beat someone like the winner of Rothwell/Barnett before getting another shot.

Weckum

I heard Cain broke his jaw when he was trying to speak Spanish.

Also, would rather see Werdum vs Reem, but vs Miocic is still better than Cain.

industrian

1150716935580679825.png

Now have Rockhold fight someone that is not Weidman and everything is A OK in the world

It feels incredibly good that in the last year we've got rid of all the injury-prone champions (Cain, Weidman, Pettis, Aldo). Well, we've got Cruz back but fuck it.

-MD-

ROFL, what are they gonna do now? Sign Reem?

Let Conor fight at heavyweight?

Rothwell? Barnett? Big Country lol?

Hendricks vs Wonderboy I guess

Roy can't be main cause he's fighting Rosholt and that'd be awful. I suppose if they needed to they could just put Barnett/Rothwell as the main though.

Overeem is the only guy who can save this card but he doesn't take last minute fights.

He could probably leverage a fat contract out of it if he had good management.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Not that surprised about Werdum pulling out of 196. I always found it a little funny when people were happy that we would have an "active champion" when Werdum won the belt. He only fought once in 2011, 2013, and 2015, and has fought 7 times in the last 5 years. We will never get a champ at HW who consistently fights 2 times a year.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Werdum said he would have fought injured if it was Cain. WTF, it sounds like Werdum is scared of Miocic.
Doesn't have to be "scared" of Stipe to think it's a harder fight. He could have bet large sums of money on himself knowing that "sea level Cain" being the favourite was ridiculous.

zewone

Not that surprised about Werdum pulling out of 196. I always found it a little funny when people were happy that we would have an "active champion" when Werdum won the belt. He only fought once in 2011, 2013, and 2015, and has fought 7 times in the last 5 years. We will never get a champ at HW who consistently fights 2 times a year.

Jon Jones will.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
All these guys at HW are bums. Only a matter of time until JJ moves up and cleans out this disgraceful division.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
haha

Cris Cyborg ✔@criscyborg
Watching #SNL and it looks like @rondarousey still needs help on her standup
10:12 PM - 23 Jan 2016 · Huntington Beach, CA, United States

ApharmdX

Banned
With the blizzard I've not been paying as much attention to MMA news for a few days. WTF is going on? First Cain drops out, then Miocic gets the shot, then Werdum drops out...

You know who is celebrating? Alistair Overeem. He's up for contract negotiations still, right? If Cain can't fight, Dos Santos is shot, and Werdum isn't going to defend his belt with any frequency, HW starts to look pretty weak again. The UFC can't really afford to lose another top 5 HW.

Werdum said he would have fought injured if it was Cain. WTF, it sounds like Werdum is scared of Miocic.

That's exactly what it sounds like. But it's the smart choice. Cain has the big name. Miocic is on a tear right now. He could very possibly beat Werdum, he's got the game to do it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

It was like he was trying to take a shot at Cain but ended up coming off scared instead. From the sounds of his interview he was about to drop out of the fight anyway after this most recent injury, Cain just got to the announcement first.

Miocic is so proud to be croatian yet he cant speak a word. Fake spanish champion, fake croatian champion...

He will never be Mirko Filipovic.

I'm watching the UFC 197 press conference and the way Dana talks about Holm vs Rousey as "the biggest upset in UFC history" like he lost his money making machine, as the camera pans on Holly's reaction is really fucked up, haha. Come on, Dana.

Top Bottom